The Lost Heir 1: The Fall of Daria - Errors and Bugs

This thread is to report any bugs you found Lost Heir 1: The Fall of Daria

Conversation about the Trilogy belong over here: The Lost Heir Trilogy

Conversation about my other projects belong here: Upcoming Games by Lucid

Lost Heir 2 Bugs: The Lost Heir 2: Forging a Kingdom Bugs and Errors

Lost Heir 3 Bugs: The Lost Heir 3: Demon War Bugs and Errors

Thanks everyone!

Can we encounter some slaves that we could save and become part of our group.

No slaves in Daria, but perhaps some in a neighbouring kingdom, weā€™ll see. :slight_smile: Please keep future suggestions/ideas/talk in the thread mentioned in the first post. Iā€™m keeping this thread just for errors in Lost Heir 1.

Thanks to those who have emailed me more errors since posting this. I have a really good list of things I want to correct. I love the idea of fixing it up and making it less buggy for an update around the same time LH2 releases. :slight_smile: Lot of work, but worth it. I still havenā€™t started this project yet, my first goal is to finish LH2 first. Once I have that rough draft done, Iā€™ll want to read the whole thing through. I might do some LH1 fixes then. After Iā€™ve proofread the whole thing (probably will be at the 200k mark by then!) Iā€™ll want to Alpha Test it myself. And THEN, Iā€™ll send out the call for Beta Testers. :slight_smile: Making progress, but lots to do.

Can anyone, in great detail, break down the bug with the multiple lovers? Iā€™m referring to Elmvale. I believe that going to bed with one person occasionally changes into another person, or something like that. Can anyone give me some specifics so I can squash it?

Itā€™s a small thing, but when Karl/a is first introduced, the narration says they only moved to Elmvale a month ago. However, later in the story, if you tell off your foster parent for telling Karl/a your true identity, they say youā€™ve known them for years.

As for the multiple lovers thing, I skimmed through the code and couldnā€™t see how one character would be replaced with another in the bedroom scene, but then again Iā€™m not really great at reading code. This is when youā€™ve just returned to Elmvale and invite someone into your room, right? Maybe it has something to do with the relationship values?

1 Like

Itā€™s a small bug :bug: but if you travel with Jace (you clearly state the Soulburner is a man ) and give him flowers, later it says sheā€™s saving them in her backpack when no one is looking.

1 Like

I have started in on the bugs! I fixed all of the above. The update wonā€™t occur until around release day, since I want to tack on something about getting Part 2. :smile:

If anyone has anything else to add, please tell me.

I think I found the problem with the love interests. Asking Theo/Thea to dinner set his/her romance up too high, even if you ask out of politeness or as a friend. That made him/her very angry if you started seeing anyone else in Elmvale. :slight_smile: Oh, and Karl/Karla would go to bed with you without thinking about whether you were seeing someone or not.

After debugging Lost Heir 1 for about 15 hours straight today (my eyes hurt!) and hours more previously, Iā€™ve learned that I have improved as a coder. :slight_smile: Wow, I wrote some really trashy looking code. I figure that some of it is almost 3 years old, since I started a little after Life of a Wizard. I took a break for Paradox Factor, then came back, then another break for Life of a Mobster, then came back, then another break for Chronos and Lunatic too.

Lost Heir was supposed to be my answer to Life of a Wizard. Same stat-building world but with a lot deeper of a story. :slight_smile: I have to say, after digging through the story again, there is a lot of stuff in there and it sure is messy from the inside. :slight_smile: Lost Heir 2 is sooooo much cleaner! (And bigger with even more stuff!)

I cleaned up a lot of the romance inconsistencies, fixed many empty stats, did some balancing of stats, reworded some poor descriptions and fixed some small spelling/grammar errors . The only plot change made through the whole thing was to confirm that Karl/Karla are not new to Elmvale. Also, it mentions more clearly that he/she is a great archer and is a good guide because he/she has listened to the tales of a lot of travellers who have come to his/her parentā€™s store.

Many many many thanks to @WolfieGrey for his keen eyesight and lists of bug sightings. :smile:

So, now I can go back to proof-reading Lost Heir 2. :smiley:

But please, if anyone knows of any errors from Lost Heir 1, let me know! Iā€™m not sure when Iā€™ll send in the update for the 100s of errors Iā€™ve fixed in LH1, but the sooner I know of any other errors, the better. I suspect that the LH1 patch will be sent when LH2 releases so there can be a ā€œcontinue with Lost Heir 2ā€ link put into it at the same time. Although, to tell the truth, after cleaning it up so much Iā€™m eager to get it out there. :slight_smile:

Necessary stuff, but I like creating new content a lot more. :wink:

2 Likes

Bit misleading. It says you and Petra own an expensive bow, but it doesnā€™t show up in inventory. I assume the only item you can have in the beginning is your prized possession, and practicing archery states you own a bow and only set it down next to the tray of food that the servant brings even if you have a different item as your prized possession. So maybe reword it to state a servant takes it away etc etc. Or give us a free bow lol.

1 Like

In the temple attacking with a sword or magic grants +3 to that skill, but using a bow doesnā€™t add any bonus.

1 Like

Thanks for the errors! The bow issue will be fixed in the update.

The arrows didnā€™t work on the skeletons and you get to try again, so no reward is given.

Iā€™m still taking errors here, since I look forward to sending a big update when LH2 releases. :slight_smile:

Small mistake: After drinking with Karl in the tavern & if he refuses to spend the night with you, it says ā€˜Karl makes her wayā€¦ā€™ It should be his not her.

1 Like

can* instead of might.

Remove "

When the damage you inflict exceeds Thujas health it does an additional -25 to 0 Thuja Health

1 Like

I noticed in the beginning when choosing your prized possession a Spell Book will give +20 magic, Sword +20 Blades, but a bow will give +10 archery.

1 Like

When choosing to immobilized the Troll with arrows it just went straight to troll health 0. Not -25 or -50 or anything of the sort. Not sure if thatā€™s purposeful or a coding error. On a side note my first time actually playing as an archer ironic considering Iā€™m actually a fan of archery and have practised it a bit.

1 Like

I found another small bug: I have 127 gold and I canā€™t afford the book of maps (it costs 125 gold ) from Jowal, the option is gray.

Iā€™m playing as a male assassin, and I think itā€™s the first time it happened.

1 Like

Iā€™m here to annoy again :sweat_smile:

The first time I saw it I thought nothing of it, but now Iā€™m wondering if itā€™s a bug?

When you get the signet ring from your guardian it says (I canā€™t make screencaps with my phone :disappointed:):

This one is always there, regardless of your choices. I guess this is a bug? If you play as a girl, itā€™s your motherā€™s, and if youā€™re a guy, your fatherā€™s (because in the beginning it says that the most important person is you mother/father depending on your gender.

Also, when chosing to become a priest(ess) and having Sister Geri as your guardian:

You need a stop there.

And if you try to heal Suno by yourself (as a priestess), it says that you put hands on her stomach.

1 Like

Thanks! Iā€™ll be finishing off the bug killing for LH1 next week and sending it in, so excellent timing! Thanks again. :smile:

Thanks for the bugs! Iā€™ve finished correcting them and will send this in right now.

I donā€™t know when it will go out to the apps, since I also want a link to LH2 at the end of it. Iā€™ll let CoG make that decision. :smile:

Thanks everyone!

2 Likes

Just a random big blank space.
Maybe an extra line_break+ (I think Iā€™m learning lol)

Update has been sent inā€¦ :slight_smile: Not sure if that was fixed or not. I guess we should hold error reporting until the update. :slight_smile: