The Great Tournament Hints

ok so i neede help i tried soooo hard to be evil like i did the most dickish things but i ended the game with a 75% light score. when i choose options that were mean like get varys a job picking up shit it didnt affect light? what options affect dark and how do i get them? ( i went through the entire game multiple times )

Hi :slight_smile:

i think for the climbing, we need to have better strength for a success checkā€¦ i succeeded the first time, then fail multiple times before succeeding climbing againā€¦ya now since you mention, i only manage to confess to her the 2nd time when i climb there, the first time was about how she allow me to climb to her room whenever i want, so the 2nd time was when i can committed to her and spend the night thereā€¦ so because i had a bad strength (2), i actually climb many times before succeeding againā€¦maybe the children was depend on how many times we manage to climb to her room?

Hope it help :slight_smile:

I finished with an final score of 122 and 113 light and -13 darkness. I and Princess Hannah had two kids. I tried to become a Fire mage but in the end I could not.

Thanks man helped a lot! Can you just tell me about the confess option it depends on diplomacy or?

1 Like

No,you need to visit her as many times as you can,probably 5-6 times,and then you can confess.

I doubt that confessing to her requires diplomacy. I think itā€™s based more on ur previous interactions with her.
E.g. spare with her instead of asking her to bring u arnd the garden; staying with her until late etc
Good luck!

Ok will try it man! :smile:

Hey guys can anyone help me on the part when you become debate partners with Ashera and convincing the people to turn it to a republic? Also does anyone have an idea what is like the highest possible amount of points you can get once you finish the game?

tnx in adv :slight_smile:

How about we all make a ā€œproper guideā€ from start to finish, ill share my whole gameplay.

Edit: Here is my guide, http://txt.do/dr5u4 or http://textuploader.com/dr5u4. You can contribute to this guide too^_^ its pretty raw.

1 Like

Did you mean about how to win the debate? The best choices I know were about if the king had no heir, republic would boost monarchy, and something about a good successor with no royal blood (choose hannah), then end the discussion. As far as I know, you still wonā€™t win the debate but you succeed in opening their minds.

Yeah Iā€™ve tried all those options but unfortunately I still canā€™t get the achievement :confused:

You made an awesome guide :slight_smile:

we need to create an account to that site too ?

i am surprise but happy that this game generates the interest of many :slight_smile:

Wellā€¦now i think it wonā€™t depend on diplomacy :slight_smile:

but apparently you need to climb to Hannahā€™s room for the 2nd time in order to get that optionā€¦if you donā€™t succeed the 2nd time when you want to climb to her room, just wait for another day and climb again until you succeed doing it :slight_smile:

Anyone else have this glitch where if u lose the archery tournament in willowdale, u get teleported to warrington instantly?

Ive changed the account, it is now a shared account TGTForum. Now we can edit and add the things we know to this extensive guide.weā€™ll have one reference from forumers like us. ive already added some, if you dont mind :slight_smile: . I used > !!Sample text| for comments.

Username is:TGTForum
Password is:TGTGuide1

Please if you want to change the username or password let us know so everybody can still update the Guide :smiley:

I think maybe itā€™s time you spent with Hannah during your preparation in the kingdom. Due to my poor travel planning, I found myself visiting her regularly - because I missed most of the minor competitions. It was after winning and becoming king I was surprised to find that it said I had 9 children with her.

Hey guys! I got all the achievements! I realized you only had the option of turning Magincia to a republic once you ask that as a boon from the king after winning the great tournament which I really had no clue whatsoever lol! You can also get the Midas achievement fairly easily by asking for all the gold in the treasury when you win the tournament and also becoming king of Magincia in the process which I had no idea itā€™d be that easy killing two birds with one stone and I had to get that specific achievement at first just mining all the days away and missing a lot of the competitions :dizzy_face:

I had the same dilemma before I think the biggest thing that will affect the darkness and lightness stat is by managing Redwood and being douchey by collecting emergency taxes and getting all their gold and just doing every douchey option there is when you reallocate. That was the only thing I did differently then beat the game and I got that achievement.

So there was a big boom in interest for a guide and i decided to help out. most of the info here are from different gameplays. Enjoy reading The Great Tournament. Updated the Guide (you can edit it too the account is TGTForum password is TGTGuide1) http://textuploader.com/dr5u4.

!- sub topic
!!-main

The Great Tournament by Philip Kempton

!! This contains lots of spoilers
#Overview-ish(little info about story,achievements and romance)
#Achievements guide
#Romance
#Story
#SideQuest

Hidden achievements

!!Credits: Eric Knight, John_john_john, Jenna

!!Overview
!The Achivements | (*) informative seperate guide

1. Veni, Vidi, vici - When asked for mode easy,normal,hard. Choose Hard
  2. *Secret Meeting
  3. *King of Magincia
  4. *Midas
  5. *Sherlock
  6. *Ruthless
  7. *Merciful
  8. Bullseye - Have high int and agi as base stats
  9. *Prince
  10. *Save Sir Robert
  11. *Keen eye
  12. *I know magic
  13. *Tournament Champion
  14. *Warriorsā€¦Assemble!
  15. *What we do in life, Echoes in eternity
  16. *Down with the monarchy!

!Possible Romance

1. Princess Hannah
  2. Abilene
  3. Nadine
  4. Ashery

!Story Summary(Real Spoilers)
The story revovles around our protagonists as he becomes a powerful man from a lowly stablehand. He is hired by a man named Sir Robert for replacing his dead father. Then he is trained as a squire, while in training he meets princess Hannah who is supposedly heir to the throne of Magincia and he also met the vile Cuthvell who is brewing a masterplan to take the throne from the current king. When Sir Robert joined a torunament he was struck with a sly tactic that made him weary, they found out that it was an assassination attempt on his life for opposing Sir Cuthvell. What happened next was they barely escaped from the city in which the assassins monitors, however, they were easily chased and forced to fight. There and there he made the squire into a knight with haste. Sir robert decides to sacrifice himself to protect the protagonist but met with resistance instead, they decided to fight alonside each other.The clash brutal to some extent Sir robert was heavily bruised and battered while the protagonist was out cold hidden in a stack of leavesand dirt. Varys the closest friend of the protagonist, brought him to Magincia where he will be protected from assailiants and recover. They met Sir Roberts beloved and delivered the letter to her, the letter conveys that the protagonist will inherit all of Sir Roberts properties. Then For the kingdom of Maginciaā€™s sake, his beloved, friends and Sir Robert the young knight trained to win The Great Tournament. He was trained by his closest friends and acquired equipment and things that will help him win, while training he visited every Duchy to join competetions before the kingā€™s tournament. At last the tournament day came, the place was huge, tough competitors from different lands and renowned warriors and lords are there, it was the tournament that makes the other tournament to a mere practice competition. Spectators cheer as it starts, a joyful event yet there is evil with itā€™s claws and fangs readied to cause bloodshed and tears. One of the competitor discovered the truth about the tournament and he tells the young squire,later, they form an alliance to thwart this evil hiding in the kingdom. The allied competitor lost to Sir cuthvellā€™s son, and the young knight faces the greatest enemy he evver faced. The danger is known, his enemy is a treacherous vile prince that will do anything to win, except he didnt knew we can fight fire with fire. Young knight won and wins the kingdom.

!! Story Progression Guide-ish i managed to squish in the achievements

Starting Stats You can try different base stats
Name: Hadrian -Not that important
Current Health: 30 - important for fighting in and out tournaments
Max Health: 30 - important for fighting in and out tournaments
Gold: 110 - MOstly not crucial part of the game but it can help you win fights and war
strength: 2 - You'll need this for the tournaments and war
agility: 1 - You'll need this for archery and dodging game over
leadership: 2 -You'll need this for the team fights and war
intelligence: 1 - You'll need this for I know magic and most conv options
Wisdom: 4 - You'll need this for I know magic(need someone to clarify this)Wis pretty much goes up and down with your moral choices, need someone to clarify it
Diplomacy: 1 - For romancing and persuadingdont know what else
Melee Skill: 1- You'll need this for war and tournament
Riding Skill: 1 - You'll need this for war and tournament
Archery Skill: 0 - You'll need this for war and tournament
Light 0 % dark 0%

Character Check
Choose Fun and exciting
PickGriffins
Choose Smart but foolish
Choose Wait For perfect moment to strike
Pick sure when prompted by varys to go in front

Before Squire
Play darts
*Do not pay 1 gold gold for double points trust me, just hit last shot
Play drinking game
Order more drink to make it fair then let the ladies go first
Pretty random i think *if you get the concoction just cough it out
Eat *this will increase hp.

Going Home
Choose Intervene makes you fight the kid
Choose to Tell her the truth
Choose to Tell him what happened

First Tournament
Choose why not hung over
Choose Sounds interesting
Choose Check it out

-----------Team Melee Tournament#1----------
Pay 1 gp
Melee tournament then choose team name
-What we do in life, Echoes in eternity and Warriors Assemble!
Team members
carver wood shop
fat kid food stands
varys default
harold the skilled guy enjoying the festivities
Abilene game stands
You should practice and discuss strategy then rest
Discuss loose formation, play to win
Choose sword and shield
Choose to move
Choose to def post
Choose help Varys *Varys test(prolly important)
-----------------Team Melee Tournament-------------

Chatting with Sir Robert!!Sir Robert prefers trustworthy ppl-ERIC KNIGHT|
Choose second option"good at standing" but if you prefer laughs and shits choose the first one
Choose strategy
Choose smart
You can freely chat or not

I read book to increase INT more, you can choose different one
-----------Priincess Hannah Encounter#1-----------
Choose beautiful
Choose Let her help
Choose Father usually works
Choose doubt sir robert will sell horse
Say or do something courlty
Hold her and kiss her hand \hannah will blush\
Look at sir robert
----------Princess Hannah Encounter ----------
----------The party #Romance Princess---------
Consistency is key
E.g. Nobleman
-If you have enough money buy the most expensive suit then (lie) to the guard the you are invited by the princess from a far away kingdom choose fragglesworth, then choose to play along, choose North.
After talking
Choose to drink a bit (sip it NOT gulp it down and ask for more)
Choose to go to garden
-----------Priincess Hannah Encounter#2-----------
Choose to interfere
Choose to shame the guy and save the princess
Choose to sit with Sir Robert(you can try sitting with princess)
Choose it was great party(sir robert)
Choose it was interesting(princess)
--------------The after party/D-D-DUEL!---------
Choose The food were delicious(varys)
Choose not good
Choose to interfere or not
Choose i tried to stop you
Choose Yes, Understood, confirmed !! Just dont be bad to sir robert if you are gunning for high light stat|
!! Thats all the info i know about the party|
-----------------The Party-----------------------------------

-Secret Meeting
Instead of loittering with hannah choose to follow Sir Robert

• I know magic
    You need at leats 6 or 8 int for this
    After Roberts death
    Choose Int Training
    Choose Fire magic
    Insist learning
    Ben counts 10 to one
    Choose clear thoughts when prompted
    ---------Old staff quest-----------------
    After that Visit Ben hell give an old staff

-------------The Kingā€™s Tournament! AT LAST!(pun intended)------------------
-Tournament champion
Equipment
*Fire magic - optional
Weapon choice-This needs str, agi, archery and melee e.g. Sword and shield doesnt require high str but will depend on melee skill
Armor- Will increse health and defence
Horse- ?
Melee skill- Will increasing winning melee matches
Archery-Will increase winning sniping matches

The First Match
The second Match
The Last Match
Boon
--------------------The great Tournament End-----------------

Sir Cuthvellā€™s Plot
After winning the tournament Cuthvell will Take the king and princess hannah as hostages in exchange for surrendering kingship

You only need to be good to her before you confess (help her with the lord, climb to her room, kiss her etc)
Each time you get a point and you need 4 points to confess