The Followers (Revived!) - Help testing chapter 3 (Updated 20/10/16)

I’ve never gotten the nothingness spirit fam could you help me out?

1 Like

No, whatever you do, one child will always die.

i think you can both save them dont interact with the girl dont let the boy touche the fire and dont save the girl they should be both alive

4 Likes

I am Asterius, Messenger to the Animal Spirits!

Damn it… I wanna be the shadow!

But i get the difficulty in being a good person and being powerhungry i guess? Good game!

3 Likes

Ok, chapter 3 has a long way to go still but i’ve managed the first 20% or so that I’ve planned of it and have updated some of the issues that players have highlighted to me hopefully. Let me know if you feel the story remained too slow or there are parts you feel just don’t work.

And if anyone has a list of the horrible spelling and grammar errors that I’m sure pepper this story please feel free to list them here or PM me them.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/zhj2s0361842eew/The%20Followers%20v0.22.html?dl=01

I’ve also updated the title with this new link

3 Likes

Managed to get spirit of nothingness am so happy!!

Lol i’m glad, please let me know if you find that works or if it needs more effort put into it. It’s hard to write a religion that’s more about personal promotion than higher powers when the rest of the story revolves around that.

Wow, this is wonderful! I’m trying really hard to get the shadows one right now, but it is so hard…

I love what you have though. I’m completely fascinated by the idea of gods and how the belief in them has affected human culture. I’m interested to know if we’ll be able to influence a sort of mythology? I got that sort of vibe of that when I created the fanciful tale for my follower.

Thanks for making this! I’m excited for whatever else you put out.

3 Likes

Your tale has not yet begun You have no believers

You need periods after both sentences.
(Terry Pratchett, Small gods)

You capatilized the s and not the g?
Fire is all you can see. The burning and boiling mass of elements colliding and combining under the heat and pressure. All that remains in the empty void of space is you and Aeon, the first Sun and creator of spirits.

The first sentence, while being grammatically correct, is more commonly phrased as all you can see is fire. The first and second sentences don’t flow well, and the last sentence switching from capital to lowercase simply doesn’t look nice while reading.
Sorry if you feel I’m intrusive!:sweat_smile:

I wish i didn’t have stormy powers as a Shadow Spirit… Cause Storms feel really uh… Whats the word i’m looking for… Obvious? Extreme? Either way i wanna see where this goes.

You only get one power but you get a choice of 3 based on your past. The idea is that you pick one power of the three that you feel fits your character the best whilst still getting different options each playthrough.

@TheTrueKing
Thank you so much or all of your fixes. It’s incredibly helpful. Please don’t be afraid to point out anything that bugs you about the game, even if its a rearrangement of words or an entire page that you feel doesn’t work.

This is the first bit of work I’ve written that may eventually get published and I intend on ensuring its as good as possible.

1 Like

The powers will evolve but your intent is always to gain strength and that comes through your followers so I can’t just let you kill them off in some great event just as you cant commit suicide in games where your character is human ;).

There are plans to grow the power you’ve chosen though and also to grow the myths that your people create

2 Likes

So far I like the pacing of chapter 3 its moving smoothly for me, I also like the inclusion of powers that we can choose from it adds another layer of customization that I appreciate.

How do you guys get the shadow cause all I get is the beast spirit or this:

You are: Ego, The Inner Spark and creator of storms

Appearance: A reflection of the humans own self-image, you are a blank template. Like a clay model made of snow you have the arms and legs like a human but no features. The only part not made of snow is two holes where your eyes should be. From them only yellow light can be seen.

Your form is one of reflection but is also inhuman, like a statue.

All around you clouds swirl, the source of your power, that you create and destroy each day.

Also are we going to be able to craft a weapon? something like a holy relic for our war hero/savior to wield with a fragment of our power in our name in war time? cause that would be cool to see.

3 Likes

Can you pm me and explain how to get the ancestor spirit.

Retweet!!! I can never seem to get that anymore

Apologies, I hadn’t realised until now that I had coded it slightly wrong. Currently to get ancestors you need to have high faith and low humanity.

Im in the process of writing chapter 3 at the moment but I will load a new update before the end of the week that will iron out that issue.

Spoiler:

On the update the different spirits will be through:
Faith + human = animal spirits
Faith + inhuman = Natural forces (nothing)
Fear + human = Ancestor Spirits (Ghosts)
Fear + inhuman = demons
Watching but not acting = shadows

I will make the beginning chapter a little bit clearer soon. Your on your own figuring out the rest though :smile:

6 Likes

Any hint on what you have in mind for chapter 3?

Chapter 3 is taking a bit longer due to all the options up until now. I’m currently 14,000 words into it and it’s only 1/3 of my plan.

This chapter moves out from watching over your first follower to helping shape the whole tribe. It also starts to give you slightly more control with a power (you can see this in the current plates available).

As with every chapter there are some key beliefs that your followers will take on and your appearance may evolve further.

Hopefully it doesn’t bother people to much the growth in power.

Good. Anyways, will you be releasing an update this weekend?