The Followers (Revived!) - Help testing chapter 3 (Updated 20/10/16)

Kind of, but it’s not one you can predict. The game takes control from you there. Different choices will get you a different result but I tried not to make it predictable to mess with the reader a little bit.

I hope people don’t find if offputting

I am now Baal Messanger of the dark ones and leader of the demons who carry the sun across the sky
Sweet!

My followers believe that:

human sacrifice will bring strength to you all

Wait. what?
In all honesty this seems like it’s going to be fun.
I think I understand the somewhat “morals” of being certain spirits.
Except the shadow.
(Can you tell me stats for shadow?)

@Maxmansung

If you dont make habit of it and instead use it to break the stereotype it should be good.
Having some choices where you cant predict consequences is solid idea. but its still Choose your own Adventure type of game,so these things should be rare.

Now for less plesant things
It has potential but the story is moving at slow pace IMHO i think you should speed it a bit, its nice to have begining without much power but its not fun for long, so it should move into having several worshipers fairly soon.

Alright! So this game is actually pretty good. Gotta love playing as a growing god.

@faewkless

The option to become a shadow is very difficult, basicly there’s a 160/10,000 chance when you run randomtest. You fear/belief and humanity have to both be neutral although im in the process of changing this

@CaesarCzech

I know what you mean, however this game isnt about becoming an all powerful being reigning fire down on your enemies. Its more about how a religion becomes formed around you and how much control you have. Watching it evolve based on your personality.

It’s probably a good idea to cut down on some of the fluff though and give a bit more power to the player though

While I understand the need for a more slight change of pace, to get to the action teeth grinding parts, I for one am very satisfied at how things are developing, I have always noticed my interests in how something starts, its humble origins etc, The way things are right now is absolutely exciting, its making my ability to give a decent feedback extremely difficult, because I AM JUST SO HYPED ! I am extreeeemely delighted playing this!

To me at least, I love the way things seem to evolve around my choices as if these characters you placed in your world are reacting in a REAL scenario, it gives off the impression they actually do have their own consensus; i.e how they make their own conclusion of what pleases me, what i look like etc.

Im no professional at critique but i can say, it felt like a flowing stream, very exciting, sad the water ride had to end so soon…

1 Like

i really enjoyed what you have so far, very different from any other game here keep it up x

Very good! Why is saying that the Dark One is carrying the sun? Demons are associated with darkness and evil not with the sun. At least a black sun radiating negative energies would be more good.

It was to give the option of people making their own religions without too much constraint to steriotypes. Also the aztecs had sun gods that would be considered demons to some people.

Yes but the normal sun is giving light not darkness and i have a image to make here. What if we can chose different simbols?

In some religions demons are said to be made of fire not darkness so it kinda make sense to go with mentioning the sun in that phrase.

Also I really like the game so far and think it has great potential

Sounds reasonable. I was going to give people more power in chapter 3 to design an ability to help/hinder their follower/enemies but I can add something in previous to the designation of light.

Incidentally if your a demon with the sun you tried to save the child, so your not all darkness :wink:

Also I think my spirit became a lady mannequin … Which is weird and cool in the same time (I guess it’s a woman’s body since my first follower is a girl and the game said that I took her form)

Is the MC invisible or something?
And are we going to witness how our religion evolve throughout the ages until the modern age or is it going to be just tribes for the rest of the game?

The ages evolve as time goes on, allowing for interactions with other tribes, then other religions and the evolution of technology. Along the way you and your followers continue to grow and evolve becoming more powerful until you reach the culmination of all the beliefs and changes to your appearance. Hopefully things will pick up the pace now I’ve laid down a lot of the world and characters.

And yes, the MC is invisible unless it chooses to show itself and even then only someone that believes can see (you could interprete this as it being only in the believers minds)

The intention is to allow gods or spirits to be real or not depending on how you feel.

4 Likes

I played an ancestor spirit named Ohana because ohana means family, and family means no one gets left behind or forgotten.

Im surprised to find that so few people got the ancestor spirit. It makes me wonder what I did differently.

3 Likes

I’m working on that now. It should be easier to get ancestor when i finish this next edit and make the choices less black and white.

I kind of expected a lot of people to get nature because those who want to be good will go for the most good choice every time with no gray areas.

The invisible forces? Is that even in the poll? It seems to me that many surprises can appear if you let nature to take its course. Ah! It is in the poll now.

Now you are Jinmenju, messenger to the Great One, leader of the animal spirits who carries the sun across the sky.

Your followers believer that:

Gifts of food will bring your favour

My first playthrough… I really quite like this so far.

1 Like

A Choice of God game? Hurrah!

Question; in one speedthrough, I was throwing water around and in another, I was throwing dust and sand. Is there an aspect of randomisation to this?

I’m hoping that you give us a bit more control over our appearance and what we are.

Also, I’ve found it difficult to leave being a Nature Spirit. Does anybody have a suggestion for becoming an ancestor spirit, nothingness, etc? Because so far, the only ‘good’ spirit form so far is a Nature spirit.

Edit: FINALLY became something else! I decided to not intervene much at the beginning and became Nothingness, before interfering like an over-attached god. Nihil, messenger to the Universe, Force of the Invisible Forces, Carrier of the Sun!

Anyways, I’m liking this game. You better not abandon this marvel, because it may very well be the only one of its kind…

Any chance for romance in this game? It can be lonely even for a demon god.

3 Likes