The Fog Knows Your Name -- Step into the fog and confront your terror!

What are the three big problems? Does it include resurrecting Rex?

IIRC, resurrecting Rex, saving Ennis from possession and finding the truth about Anuja’s dad.

3 Likes

I just finished the game and it’s good. But I can’t quite understand the fog whisperer and fog touched stat. I mean, I understand the description but when choosing the decisions, I don’t know which one to choose if I want the MC to be a fog whisperer. Can someone explain it to me? Thanks in advance.

6 Likes

I chose to be a companion to the fog and I didn’t expect to have to read about how my death affected all friends and everyone, now I’m sitting here crying because I wasn’t ready for this emotional trauma. Side note now I have to play it all again so I don’t die and all friends (and girlfriends) aren’t sad.

4 Likes

Awesome game! Loved the romance with Rex specifically. I do have a few criticisms though:

Firstly, I thought the stats were a bit confusing. Often, I would fail a skill check and I couldn’t figure out which stat I needed to raise.

Secondly, since there are quite a few characters and, not one but three complicated central mysteries, characters (understandably) don’t have very many individual scenes. So when the time came that we could choose who to get to know better in the interlude between the Wet Dreams chapter and the final conflict, I thought it was a bit cruel to limit the number to two. In particular, I felt I didn’t really know Kirill very well at all after two full playthroughs even after choosing to spend that precious time with him.

Thirdly, and this is really just a personal preference on my part, but I would have liked more physical description. I had a hard time visualizing the characters. I remember in the first chapter, Diego, Addy and Anuja were described in terms of their clothing and their hair but that was about it.

But all-in-all, it was a worthy Halloween story with an excellent sense of place.

20 Likes

By far one of the best games to have been released in recent months (which is kinda weird coming from me, as I don’t usually likes stories within the horror genre, which is a testament to how good it is!). I found some of the stats a little confusing at first (more specifically, which one pertains to what), but it wasn’t too bad once you’ve played through more than once.

I have to admit, I did get a little emotional at points. For example, Rex’s romance, especially when resurrecting him, is simultaneously heartbreaking and heartwarming. The main(ish) characters overall have diverse personalities and are eminently likeable and/or interesting, and I did genuinely end up caring/sympathising for them all to varying degrees or wanting to learn more about them, even some of the more minor characters (I especially enjoyed Barry as a side character, who seems a bit pathetic at first, but, if you make the right decisions, you realise he’s not such a bad guy, and is actually rather tragic). Your group of friends do genuinely feel like a tight-knit clan with real camaraderie which made it such a fun experience.

I’ve played through a few times and a had an enjoyable time on each occasion. Definite replayability here; I especially like the fact that you can be a complete believer of the occult or be in complete denial the whole time (even when it’s right in front of you!), yet they’re both completely valid ways of playing the game (which open up separate paths and/or give you different options), and you’re not punished for playing the ‘wrong’ way. I also liked the way certain scenes changed or other characters perceived you or your actions differently based on both your stats and choices made before. While I did have to refer to the stats screen on a couple of occasions while playing when making certain choices, it wasn’t such a jarring experience that I usually feel in stat-heavy games, where I often feel like I have to consistently pick the same options without much leeway for roleplaying for fear of failing (you can ‘fail’ with certain choices in this game if they don’t correspond well enough with your stats, but it won’t usually completely end or ruin the game because of it - you’ll just get a different experience because of it). Overall, it really does feel as if your choices and stats actually mattered (allowing you to roleplay in various ways), which I love.

While I suppose the story could be considered a little linear at points, it was so much more about the journey for me, which was such a blast! I would definitely recommend this game to others!

Questions:

1: How do you solve the mystery of what happened to Anuja’s father? I’ve been able to solve the other two problems, but not that one

2: How do you get Diego and Ashley to end up together? I tried encouraging Diego at various points, but it obviously didn’t work.

3: I’m not normally into poly in these kind of games, but the characters are that likeable and/or interesting that I’m curious as to who the poly options/combinations are in this game?

5 Likes
  1. To solve the mystery of Anuja’s father, I talked to Barry Michaels and successfully got him to talk about his father; I also used my power over the Fog to force the spirit of Wyatt Michaels out of Ennis. In doing so I forced him to tell me where Anuja’s father’s body was, and that solved the mystery!

2. I spent time with Diego as much as possible and gave him advice on how to talk to Ashley, including reaching out to her on social media after we visited her house and encouraging him to ask her out (instead of looking at her bookshelf to talk about graphic novels, etc.) I’m guessing you probably need a high charisma stat, as well? Since that’s what I had!

3. I didn’t know there was poly in this game: where was that said? I only know that Addy is involved in a long-distance poly relationship with two other people, but not that any of the ROs could be in one with you!

4 Likes

Weird. I feel like I did what you said to do, but clearly I must be doing something wrong. As to the polys, I inferred that they existed due to the fact that some of the romance-related achievements refer to it (one about romancing two of your friends, and another about romancing both of the Kellers); also, when talking to Diego, if you state that you’re attracted to someone, there’s an option to select that you’re attracted to more than one person (so I assumed that poly was possible - in Addy’s romance, in fact, they actually ask you if you’re interested in someone else as well, implying that this is a possibility).

I know there’s a poly with the Ennis and Rex from the achievement list, I think it’s just them sharing you and not in an actual relationship with each other, haven’t tried it though. Otherwise that’s disgusting.

1 Like

Oh… yeah… :fearful: I’m sure it’s MC romancing the both of them separately!

3 Likes

Does anyone why the price on the game is listed as 3.99 euros on the website, but when you download the game on google play it’s 4.29 euros?

They’re priced differently probably due to being on different platform and regional difference.

1 Like

I totally agreed!!! I’ve played five times, this game has been my weekend and I’m pretty sure today I’ll pay again, and maybe tomorrow…

Summary

With Diego and Ashley, my MC first take a look a her books, that way Diego find something to talk with her. Then, my MC help Diego to be more bold with Ashley.

With Anuja’s father, when Enni is possessed, my MC try to separate them the first time, then I picked the option that you already can prove he killed her father and then my MC go to the astral plain and banish him from Enni.

2 Likes

This was a really, REALLY good book, I enjoyed it from start to end, great job, thank you for your work! Even more than that I appreciate having an actual ending instead of a runoff into another book. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That is so GROSS! Wherever one of them is kissing your MC, they are indirectly kissing their sibling.. And it just gets grosser as you get more physical.

That being said, I want that achievement.

3 Likes

Love can be gross! :smiley:

1 Like

“You hear Kirill’s father snoring as you head downstairs and out the front door. The house still smells like lasagna and cake. It’s a nice, homey smell.”

Couldn’t get a feel for Kirill for most of the game, but his scene was really sweet!

Man, I really shouldn’t have pushed Rex into the water…

5 Likes

I just finished this title and I really enjoyed it! I loved the atmosphere, the story, and the characters. There were a few early choices that frustrated me a little since I didn’t think any options played to the stats I had focused on, and one case where I thought my stat was high enough but I still failed, it was trying to distract the teacher by talking about the summer reading. My Booksmart was 63% which I had thought would be enough but I still failed.

Besides that I really enjoyed it! I really loved the romance with Rex! And I throughly enjoyed the ending I got! Also having a “Beautiful Cinnamon Bun” stat brought me no end of joy. I just wish there was more!

8 Likes

The romance choices in this game are interesting to say at least.

My favorite is definitely Anuja. I imagined Anuja to be a slender, timid looking girl with a shy yet very comforting smile. Damn I’m usually more into villains but she really grew on me, I feel like out of all your friends she’s the closest to you since she specifically seeks you for advice on wrongdoings, you come to her aid in the fog, keep talking to her on the phone line and find out about her dad etc. That romance line is right on spot when it reads sth like “You want you and Abuja to take care of each other”, it’s exactly how I perceive their relationship.

On the other hand I do hope Ennis and Rex could be a little more fleshed out than they already are. The whole friends to enemies to afterlife thing is fun to read, but his motives to antagonise you… Seriously? I understand highschool teen insecurity but he’s just too much of a manchild which really makes me facepalm. Same for Ennis where the reason for you to pursue the romance can be described as a hardcore masochist at best. I think a little more emphasis on her maybe attractive appearance, strong character or sth could make the whole thing more convincing than just “she’s mysterious for the pure reason of being one year older than us”.

Other than romance, I don’t know if it’s just my routine choice or Kirill really fades into the background in the later chapters? It’s weird that you cannot romance him too. For a long time I thought he’s the incarnation of fog monster lmao. I really like how the author manages to integrate highschool angst into this horror setting overall.

6 Likes

So…I played the demo then fought my wallet to buy the full game. Any tips on staying strong and getting a good ending?

1 Like