The Fog Knows Your Name -- Step into the fog and confront your terror!

1. Being nice to everyone even if they make you want to hit them.

2. Always going for supernatural choices.

3. Having good perception and book smarts skills.

Those seemed to help make things easier for your person especially if you’re just doing a quick run through to see the outcome of different choices or trying to get a lot of the achievements.

6 Likes

And what about the Ouji Board?

OMG! I have no words to describe how the a loyal companion ending made me feel like I had small insane moment because it made me feel a lot of things and I won’t lie I actually cried when reading how your friends/loved ones coped with your “death” and what they felt about you in general, it was really well done.

When the fog lets you go after 5 years I was laughing and crying a bit because I should have been happy that we were free but couldn’t be when it says you return looking the same because I feel like when your loved ones and people, in general, see you looking the same they would also expect you to still be the same 17 year old they remember which just can’t be true as there is no way in hell you would come out of that not messed up/changed in one way or another.

With all of that said I really really hope if they ever make a sequel to this game the ending a loyal companion is the one they follow on from.

7 Likes

I just carefully got rid of it and nothing happened, to be honest, it seems like another fake choice added to make you feel like you did something If I’m wrong please let me know.

I didn’t get far enough, for some reason even though I was successful in saving Ennis from Wyatt, I couldn’t bring Rex back despite linking him to me? idk

I have only done it either through love or pushing his soul back into his body I haven’t tried the other ones yet.

1 Like

I successfully did that only through a romance route so am unsure if it can be accomplished through a friend route.

Have you tried also being being encouraging as well as helping him feel more human through dialogue and allowing him to possess your body?

I’ve never gotten that option with Rex, only the other ghosties. Which I’m really bad at interacting with :sweat:

How high was your relationship with him?

Also that option comes up if you choose to help him instead of following Ennis when given between those two choices.

That’s what’s I’m doing wrong, following her…Thanks!!

I wonder can the ressurrection of Rex and doing the exorcism on Ennis be both accomplished in one playthrough? If not then Ennis would always win since she is my favorite RO in this. Also maybe I missed things bc I wasn’t that interested in it, but still feelt like helping Anuja just to be a good friend. Anyway the investigation after Anujas dad had the higher stat for me by the time I ended the game, but I still don’t really feel like all my questions about what happened to him are answered.

1 Like

I did both in my first playthrough with zero problem.

Used my supernatural powers

2 Likes

Yeah, I took the intimidating grounded route and I died. I think the best is to be charismatic who believes in supernatural stuffs.

I played an MC exactly like that and died anyway :grimacing:

My MC was intimidating but empathetic so I guess what I went for is that she was ready to do anything for her friends, but wasn’t nice to people like Barry, Ashleys dad or Caleb until they gave reason for an attitude change if they even did.
My approach to the supernatural stuff was that my MC made a point of investigating whenever she could, but was thorn between actually believing in the supernatural or being sceptical about it, my otherworldy/grounded stat ended up close to the middle with a few percents in favour of grounded, but my knowledge of occult stat became high. More or less this was enough to have a succesfull playthrough the only thing I failed at was bringing Rex back.

I did too .I wanted to romance Diego
I actually loved his character , then I realized I wasted my time getting him to like me oh well . I had the same reaction only I get to romance and I was possessive

1 Like

so should I trust the people in town since they like me now or negotiate with the fog.

I’ve played this game about 10 times now and I’ve just managed to solve all three big problems X_X

Playing this with an intimidating and apathetic MC was very hard. I changed those stats mid-game and it suddenly became a lot easier so I decided to go with charismatic and empathetic for the other 9 playthroughs from the beginning.

I managed to bring back Rex with a high toughness stat 9 out of 10 times and 1 time with the power of love. Yay! Cannot say much about the other ways.

Ennis’ exorcism was a bit harder. I only managed to free her in the last 3 attempts. Told Ennis to trust MC and then that Rex would have wanted her to have a future. I assume that one requires high honesty and a decent relationship with Ennis.

The Case of Karna Basu, I finally managed to completely crack this one during my last playthrough. Before that I kept picking the wrong option. For the last one I picked “I have prove you killed him. Bring me to the body!” Or something like that. I really don’t know what stat goes with that. High booksmart? Fog Whisperer?

Maybe it depends on if you let Kirill search Mrs. McGlynn’s backroom. I only did that in the last attempt, so…yeah.

For all attempts I dealt with the fog by bringing them to peace. I think you need high charismatic and high empathetic stats. Maybe also Fog Whisperer.

3 Likes

It depends on your stats.

Are you charismatic and gained support from the town or do you have high supernatural and your stats with the fog are high on “you have control of the fog” versus “the fog has power over you”.

I have learned this game does not support an aggressive character with a good ending.

1 Like

Alright, just finished it. The story was entertaining, I was hooked for the most part. The whole pariah thing was kinda weak tho. The romances too, although that’s normal for most CoG titles, for some reason. Replayability was okay. It’s a 7 out of 10 for me.

3 Likes