Hosted Games has a new game for you to play!
Visit a myth-infested 1820s Ireland. One dark (if not particularly stormy) night, you find yourself face to face with a frightening visage—or lack thereof. Though shaped like a man, the creature you’ve encountered appears to have lost his head. Worse, he seems to think you might be the one to blame! It’s 33% off until July 26th!
The Harbinger’s Head is a fantastic 46,000 word interactive horror novel by Kim Berkley, where your choices control the story. It’s entirely text-based—without graphics or sound effects—and fueled by the vast, unstoppable power of your imagination.
It’s up to you to prove your innocence and discover the true thief of the harbinger’s head before your own winds up on the chopping block!
• Play as male, female, or non-binary.
• Step into the shoes of an herbalist, schoolteacher, or lamplighter.
• Shape your personality and build your skills through the choices you make, or trust your luck at your own peril.
• Make friends—or enemies—of the various Fae creatures you’ll encounter along the way.
• Discover one of eight endings…or meet an untimely death.
Kim Berkley developed this game using ChoiceScript, a simple programming language for writing multiple-choice interactive novels like these. Writing games with ChoiceScript is easy and fun, even for authors with no programming experience. Write your own game and Hosted Games will publish it for you, giving you a share of the revenue your game produces.