New Hosted Game! "Midnight Saga: The Monster" by CC Hill

Hosted Games has a new game for you to play!

After finding yourself trapped in another dimension, you and your friends must fight for survival and defeat the monsters that lurk in the shadows. Make sure to grab a weapon as your quiet Halloween night turns into an adventure out of this world! It’s 33% off until October 12th!

The Midnight Saga: The Monster is a thrilling 355,000 word interactive fantasy horror novel by C.C. Hill, where your choices control the story. The game is text-based, with artwork to show key moments of the story, fantastical creatures, and a variety of monsters that you will meet along your journey.

Halloween, trick-or-treat, spooky décor, and all the candy you can eat. That’s the plan for the night before you head home to babysit your niece and nephew, but things don’t always turn out as planned. Whisked away from your own timeline, you need to fight monsters before you can return home. While you’re at it, collect weapons or craft additional ones, eat your favorite candy, and learn the real story behind a spooky children’s tale. Uncover the meaning of your birthmark, and above all else, discover your destiny.

• Play as Cis, Trans, or Non-binary; gay, straight, bi, ace, aromantic, or poly.
  • Fully customized your character. (You can even name specific body parts for optional steamy scenes)
  • Enjoy family time and bonding with your niece and nephew: you get to pick how they address you throughout the entire game.
  • Make friends, fall in love, or just watch them fall flat on their faces as they run for their lives.
  • Fight terrifying monsters, go on patrols, explore a new dimension, collect items, and encounter fantastical creatures.
  • Wreck monsters! Or leave them for dead.
  • Unlock a secret scene by not dying in a single playthrough.
  • Pick out one of the three endings that change in major ways depending on the actions you take and the relationships you build.

The shadows have red eyes and sharp fangs! And you? Will your weapon last?

@CC_Hill developed this game using ChoiceScript, a simple programming language for writing multiple-choice interactive novels like these. Writing games with ChoiceScript is easy and fun, even for authors with no programming experience. Write your own game and Hosted Games will publish it for you, giving you a share of the revenue your game produces.

87 Likes

Thank you all.

51 Likes

I will wring the essence from every fibre of every word. Lemons must wait. I must conquer this first.

20 Likes

Congratulations!

9 Likes

Congratulations for the Release! Finally it is here, ready for Helloween :star_struck:

8 Likes

Congrats @CC_Hill For your release! I have been waiting so long for this to officially come out!!!

To those who haven’t read. While the game may seem short, it does really well in getting to know characters. However, what I really love most about this IF, is that the mythology used is Haitian based. I found this really unique and interesting for the story.

#MackandCheese4ever
:heart:

18 Likes

Hello, all! I just finished my review of “The Midnight Saga - The Monster”! Thanks for reading.

9 Likes

Congrats on the release @CC_Hill :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Found a grammatical error on picking being ecstatic for the trip and instead says reluctant. And it’s in 1st-person instead of 2nd-person.

2 Likes

@CC_Hill Is it Midnight Saga: The Monster or The Midnight Saga: The Monster?

1 Like

Found another which talks about the snake saying ("Fine, then let’s get out of here fast!.) with an exclamation mark and period but no end quote.

2 Likes

@NationMaker Thank you for reporting them. Will work on them and send update to Hosted Games.

@AletheiaKnights It’s:

But during publication, the “The” might have been dropped to reduce the length of the title.

On google it shows as:

3 Likes

Yes, I saw that Steam, Google Play, and the omnibus all have it listed without the The, but the actual blurbs, the box art, and the first page of the game itself do have the The. Thank you so much for clarifying!

2 Likes

This game was updated by Hosted Games on 2022-09-26. Currently, on AML Tools, old and new versions of Midnight Saga. “The Midnight Saga-The Monster” by C.C. Hill, an interactive fiction story in the Hosted Games catalogue released October 6th 2022.

1 Like

Hello, I’m working on the bugs that need fixing and will send the files to Hosted Games for update.

1 Like

Is there anything actually in the Puppet Store Office? There’s 192 permutations and just going through 12 of them-all of Door1-A sets-I figured I’d check to make sure there’s anything actually there or if there’s a clue.

It’s kinda exhausting :V

1 Like

Sorry I missed this question.

In the office, no. This room is intended to be a time loop, causing MC to feel disoriented and lost. From what you’re saying, seems like it worked. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

The goal for the multiple rooms is to give the reader the freedom to explore at will. Go wherever you want and search whichever room you want without knowing what is waiting for you behind each door.

Adding items in all the rooms would result in some achievements being unattainable in one playthrough. But rest assure that each room offers a different experience to the reader.

One of my personal favorite is the choir room with that creepy writing on the whiteboard that changes every time MC looks at it. The only thing you’ll find in that room is candy and death.

I would say if you are an achievement hunter. Do a first play through to get a feel of where everything is located. Then a second to collect everything that you need.

If you still have doubts, here a guide here

7 Likes

I’m in the process of fixing bugs, coding errors and typos, and will be sending the updated files to HG by this weekend.

If you are currently reading and you find something please post it here. :two_hearts:

Reported so far…

The below one was in Lan’s scene.

Thank you all in advance.

4 Likes

@CC_Hill If you don’t mind me asking, are you also Haitian?

4 Likes

Yes, I am. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :haiti:

LMAO. :face_with_hand_over_mouth: Thank you :kissing_heart:

10 Likes