Guide To The Midnight Saga: The Monster (Released)

This is a guide to The Midnight Saga: The Monster, and it will contain spoilers.

How to save Benny?

To get a good ending for Benny, get the item from The Wise at Audbawl’s house while patrolling.
To get a bad ending for Benny, don’t get that item.
It all comes down to unlocking Mr. Audbawl’s house.

How to get weapon number 4?

Visit the attic.

How to get weapon number 5?

Check out the wooden chest once in the park in act 4.

How to unlock Mr. Audbawl’s house?

Collect all three keys.

How to get all three keys?

One key is in the crypt of the church, select choice: “Search inside the Sarcophagus.”
Another key is in the attic when you battle the giant spider, select choice: “Finish it.”
There’s a key in the restaurant’s supply room. Search the cooler, and when you battle the monster in the cooler, Select choice: “Finish it.”

How to get the wooden ultimate weapon?(aka, Lucille)

Collect all three items to craft it. One item is a bag of nails, which you automatically get.
Barbed wire item is at the health center. Search the lab, and select choice: “Search small drawers.” 3x3 item is at the health center. Search the pharmacy, and select choice: “Try to call out for the kids.”

How to get the chainsaw ultimate weapon?

Collect all three items to craft it. One item is at the puppet store’s basement, select choice: “Levitate out of the water.”
Small portable generator is at the church inside the chapel.
Last item is at the church. Search the crypt and select choice: “Search the second opening.”

The code for the safe at the church.
The code are three numbers related to the italic inscription on the door of the safe. But if you still have no clue, it’s 666.

How to get all 5 monster parts?

In act 3 when you go patrol you can get 4 out of 5.

1. Patrol with K and Lan, you’ll meet a monster and pick up their part.

2. Patrol with K and Ash, you’ll meet a monster and pick up their part.

3: When you patrol alone, visit the puppet store. In the attic there’s a giant spider, pick up their part.

4: When you patrol alone, visit the fast food restaurant. In the supply room there’s a monster in the cooler, pick up their part.

5: The last part is Lanati’s thorn. and you’ll get it in act 4. You’ll find it on the ground and you can pick it up or not.

How to romance anyone?
You can romance them all, there is no lock on who you get to romance. Flirt with all of them and in Act 7 you will get the choice to lock yourself into a poly for K and Lan or K and Ash… or just choose one.

Which ROs are part of the poly?
There are only 2 poly options:
K + Lan
K + Ash

Where are the steamy stuff?
It’s all in act 7. Just live in that act forever and keep replaying it to experience everyone steamy scenes.

ROs description?
Their description is in the stats page once you meet them all, and there is artwork of them throughout the story if you have artwork setting enable.
But just in case:

1. Ashley: 18+. 5’4 ft. Brown eyes, long black hair, and brown skin.
  2. Mack: 21+. 6’2 ft. Green eyes, messy curly hair, and tan skin.
  3. K: 18+. 6 ft. Blue eyes, short blue hair, and pale skin.
  4. L: 18+. 5’10 ft. Light-blue eyes, straight blond hair, and fair skin.
  5. Zhan: 5’10 ft. Dark-brown eyes, long silver dreads, and dark-brown skin.

Guide for how to keep everyone alive in book 1

In case you’re wondering on how to keep everyone alive at the end of book 1:

Yes, K can die and there is a way to save K without romancing them. (It’s actually their friendship that needs to be high and not the romance, and also MC have to agree with Ashley and L when asked if they want to help to bring K back.)

But anyway… like you know there are 3 endings

1: one where MC joins Zhan army.

2: Where MC said something about Peace.

3: Where MC says… let’s get this over with.

The third ending is a stat ending and things will work out depending on your stats.

The second one is a happy ending, because the hunters will show up and they will heal K, and if you don’t want the person carrying the mark to die, just choose to fight the person carrying the Z mark which can be Ashley or L.

And when presented with the option to ask for help:

choose to wait for K or summon the armor as the other will lead to the person carrying the mark to die.

Choice:

#Ask Elden for help. (someone will die)

#Wait for K to free themself.

#Ask Ashley or L for help. (someone will die)

#Summon your armor.

Also, to be able to summon your armor, you need to collect all the monsters part. All 5.

And to have the necromancer power, you need something from the safe in the church (this happens in Act 3 when MC go on patrol alone) the code for the safe is 666.

And for the MC who chose Zhan:

:sweat_smile: This is your niece Lea. asking you:
ww

97 Likes

Somehow I feel called out :joy:

8 Likes

:yum: @Chinya

4 Likes

Im quite confuse where’s the attic located since there are other choices listed. Welp :sob:

1 Like

It’s in the puppet store.

4 Likes

Is there any way to get a refund if I’m only like 20% of story through? The reason being the game is a huge letdown and basically a streamlined linear experience with a standard Netflix cast with weird names - in my opinion of course.

Send an email to this address. Thanks. support@choiceofgames.com

3 Likes

So… How to collect all 5 of the monster part? Do i need to visit specific place to encounter the monster?

1 Like

In act 3 when you go patrol you can get 4 out of 5.

1. Patrol with K and Lan, you’ll meet a monster and pick up their part.

2. Patrol with K and Ash, you’ll meet a monster and pick up their part.

3: When you patrol alone, visit the puppet store. In the attic there’s a giant spider, pick up their part.

4: When you patrol alone, visit the fast food restaurant. In the supply room there’s a monster in the cooler, pick up their part.

5: The last part is Lanati’s thorn. and you’ll get it in act 4. You’ll find it on the ground and you can pick it up or not.

10 Likes

Did you get the answers to your questions?

1 Like

The third ending depends on which stats?

1 Like

What weapon you have. For example, the crossbow comes in more handy than the shotgun.
Relationship stats for cast as of who will survive
The most important one is Zhan’s fate.
In this ending. The amount of time you spend in the Keeper’s timeline (like in act 3) matters and it will determined if MC captures Zhan or if Zhan just escapes.

5 Likes

How do I get the ending where MC dies?

1 Like

You’re telling me you played this whole game without dying? :handshake:t4:

If you take the ending Join Zhan…

There is a scene where Zhan asks you to kill one of the cast.… if you choose the below choice"

“No, Zhan… You’re the only one who deserves to die.”

MC will die and it will end the game. That ending will enable the save of creating a new character in book 2.

3 Likes

What will happen with others?

OK, nevermind. Thought I could at least beat that stupid Zhan before I die but they just kill MC. Ugh :unamused:

Another question, how to make all ROs survive? I always have the same scenario when one person dies.

1 Like

Zhan cannot be killed…. at least not in book one. Something bigger is coming, and The hunters will need MC, Zhan, and any other remaining warden to help.

That is why the options are to capture Zhan and seal them back in the concrete coffin, or Zhan can spare MC’s life and walk off, or The Hunters will capture Zhan themself, or again join Zhan’s army.

MC isn’t OP yet to beat Zhan, and the story continues in book 2 for MC to get more knowledge about their powers and even get retrieve a weapon that can kill Zhan. (I have it set that it takes a special weapon to kill the Keeper.)

If MC dies… the others will survive, although either Lan or Ashley will die too. And with the help of the Hunters, it is explained in book 2 that they captured Zhan.

The below is Kar POv in book 2 if MC dies.

Transcript:

Demon… yours have a name and a face. Zhan was someone you thought was a friend, until she wasn’t. Because of her you’ve lost Benny, your father, Lanie, and… you don’t finish your thoughts.

You put the drawing aside as your hand goes over your lower belly. You take a deep breath and graze over the scar of where Zhan had stabbed you… with your father’s knife.

Without the hunters, you would have been dead. Yet, here you are… left alone to carry on the Wardens legacy, left alone to keep moving.

And to answer your last question, the answer is in the guide up ahead.

1 Like

I tried to follow the guide but something is different. I don’t have these options:

First I chose ‘Peace’ ending and then ‘let’s get this over with’ and always Ashley who was in control dies and these Hunters appear.

1 Like

Out of the 3 endings which one did you choose? If you chose the first one, you will not get those options.

The second options is the peace ending that will lead you to those choices and the 3 options is the stats choices and everything will play out based on your relationship with the cast.

[Choose your ending.]

*fake_choice
#“The equilibrium of everything is chaos.”
*gosub jwenn
#“The equilibrium of everything is peace.”
*gosub paz1
#“Fine! Since you won’t back down, let’s get this over with.”
*gosub stat01

Somewhere during the peace ending you will get the option to fight Mack, Ashley or Lan. Choose to fight Ashley or Lan, and you will get those options in the guide.

3 Likes

Jeez, during this game I started to feel like:

:woman_facepalming: thank you, I will check again

The question (that’s the last one, I promise :sweat_smile:) Does peace ending also lead to capture Zhan and seal them in the coffin?

1 Like

Haha. Sorry, you’re stressing.

The game is set in a way where you can just relax do a playthrough and have fun. That’s why it may feel like the stats don’t matter because I didn’t want the readers to stress.

But if the reader wants certain achievements and certain outcomes, that’s where the stats comes in and maybe a little bit of confusion too because there are certain things to do to get there.

Below is just a break down of each endings so you know what to expect.

Ending one: Join Zhan.

Everyone dies, except for Mack and Jessup. Zhan will ask you to kill someone to prove your loyalty, but you can choose not to by choosing the “I can’t do this option.” Zhan will go on and take care of business, although Mack and Jessup will escape. This is important because Mack will team up with the Therians in book 2 in hope to get Zhan and MC some ass whooping. At the end of this ending The hunters show up and Zhan and MC follow them to Kafou-The village where it all begin. So book 2 will be sorta an origin story as of where the powers come from, who are the hunters and why Zhan is Zhan.

Ending two: Peace ending. (Or the ex-Machina ending as some readers put it)

This ending will result in a favorable outcome no matter what.

At the end of it, the hunters show up, and capture Zhan themselves. They heal Kar from the stab-wound, and if Lan or Ashley is on the brink of death, there’s an option for MC to plead Veh to heal them too… (You only get that option if you picked up that red crimson shirt for Ashley in act 3 or get the comic books for Lan in act 3.) It’s kind of something nice you did for a character in past, kind of pay off now that they are on the brink of death.

But if Lan or Ashley are not injured, this ending end ups with the cast surviving, and the hunters capturing Zhan.

Ending three: The stats ending.

This one has the reader showing off their skills.

For example to kill the Dronkey the crossbow will be more effective than the shotgun.

In this one Kar will die depend on your friendship stat with them and also if MC agreed to save them.

Since the hunters doesn’t show up during that fight MC is the one who captures Zhan, but it will depend of the amount of hours they spent looting and searching in act 3.

This is the code for if Zhan get captured or escaped.

*if (time>120) This is the code that tracks how many hours MC spent in The Keeper’s timeline.
Your accessory will glow and put Zhan out of commission.

Anything lower than 120 hours, Zhan call MC a waste of time than walks up.

Overall perks: If you don’t die during a playthrough, you unlock the final scene of the Therian.

1 Like