3 Likes

Mine was 675. But only if you count tinkering with code. :smiley:

4 Likes

435 words today! :smile:

4 Likes

One word before you @FairyGodfeather :joy:

Well done, Fiogan!

2 Likes

@Scribblesome Well Done! You beat your previous score! You’re getting better.

@johannes_paulsen 675 is amazing for a first go!

4 Likes

How did you all do it? :astonished:

I have to write hyper fast to even get to 600!

2 Likes

I, uh, closed my eyes and typed the scene I was envisioning because otherwise I was too tempted to pretty it up. Bother my editor’s instincts…

5 Likes

You can go back and edit it now! That’s the best thing! Just churn out all those words, and fancy them up afterwards.

3 Likes

How do you write with your eyes closed?

If I tried to do that it would end up looking like I smashed the keyboard with my head…

I’m impressed.

3 Likes

Hehehe. I’ve wanted to ask you about being an editor for months now :stuck_out_tongue: But I won’t bother you.

2 Likes

you all have me beat; in coincidence I was writing a scene at this time - in 15 minutes I only got 250 words done. I was proud to get that :stuck_out_tongue:

I will be bringing up the rear in any writing competition. So, if you ever need an ego boost just have me enter alongside you.

3 Likes

No! You can’t say that!

I bet you can beat me too! :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

You had 3x my output kitty. You don’t give yourself enough credit and you know it upsets me.

3 Likes

You have to actually join us for the contest tomorrow! You’ll easily be able to beat 250 words then.

3 Likes

I should be here at this time tomorrow, so I will say yes.

4 Likes

Yeah! Like @FairyGodfeather said, you should try the competition tomorrow! Watch your word county double when you’re trying to type as much as you can without editing in a short span of time!

Even then, you’ll only get faster and faster with practice! :smiley:

4 Likes

Evil Twin, you’re the one not giving yourself enough credit. You’re awesome, and a good writer.

You can do it, I promise. And don’t tell me the contrary!

1 Like

Well, like I said, it involved coding. Probably more like 300 if you don’t count the coding.

Personally, I’m not sure how y’all write a ChoiceScript game without throwing code in as you go… At the very least, it seems to me you have to at least flag the points where choices branch off, no? :slight_smile:

Anyway, this was fun. Kinda wish it was 30 minutes, though. That might help me focus even more.

So current high scores are

@Fiogan - 738
@RenaB - 684
@johannes_paulsen - 675
@FairyGodfeather - 656
@Snowpanther - 601
@Sashira - 451
@Scribblesome - 435
@Eiwynn - 615

BUT! What’s most important is beating our own personal bests! And that we’re actually getting some writing done!

5 Likes

Fifteen minutes is just short enough that it’s easy to do every day. I’d struggle with 30. But you can always keep going after the 15.

If you want to use code that’s cool. :slight_smile:

I haven’t been. I just write up things without it, I can code up the sections later if I want. I’m mostly trying to get my NPC voices currently! I’ve been asking them questions.

4 Likes