Welcome to my epic western survival game demo and developer diary thread. Please enjoy!
Epic, western, survival, historical-fiction.
In the spring of 1846, almost 500 wagons and thousands of emigrants headed westward from the Midwest of the United States to begin an overland journey to the Promised Land in the West. It was a long and difficult journey — one that often resulted in failure and death. At the rear of this wagon train, a group containing the Donner, Reed and Wolfinger families and their employees left Springfield, Illinois in the month of April. These immigrants were seeking a better life in the hills of California, a place called Sutter’s Mill.
The Emigre: Wagon Train, allows you to join one of these families on their historic journey. This adventure, covers the journey from Illinois to California — 2,500 miles over the Great Plains, two mountain ranges, and the deserts of the Great Basin resulted in failure and death for many of the travelers. For those that succeeded, a life of fame and fortune followed.
What kind of supplies will you take along? What can you leave behind, and what essentials must you bring with you? If you run low on provisions, will you be able to hunt or trade for the food you need? Would you resort to murder and cannibalism to survive? This is your chance to join a journey that has captured the imagination of the American nation for over 170 years. Will you make the life-and-death decisions that change the course of history?
The Emigre: Wagon Train poses these and other exciting challenges to overcome amid one of America’s great stories… will you join the ranks of American heroes, or will you become one of the most infamous villains in the history of the young nation?
- Play as male, female, or nonbinary.
- Tons of character customization and ways of shaping your protagonist MC.
- Ability to form lasting friendships that will carry over into future games and open up future romantic options.
- Ability to make your own mark on history, for better or worse.
- In-game save system enabled.
- Ability to jump to older save points within the story. (coming soon!)
- (Borrowed from @cataphrak’s feedback thread)
- Please blur your spoilers.
Low Level Feedback:
- Scripting bugs: if you think something might be a bug but aren’t sure, report it anyways.
- Continuity errors: as in, the text saying something which is contradicted by any previous text.
- Disjointed or missing text.
- Writing issues otherwise not covered above.
High Level Feedback:
- Commentary regarding the way the story is progressing.
- How the setting is presented.
- Thoughts regarding the: characters, factions (families), and groups within the story.
- Concerns about the clarity or presentation of certain decision points.
- Suggestions regarding balance, subplots or specific options which you think might be missing.
Retail Demo Release Statistics:
- Current version: 1.03.00
- Retail Demo Word Count:
- Total including command lines: 351,000
- Total excluding command lines: 323,000
- Minimum play-through: 25,000 (no interlude content played)
- Average play-through: 50,000 (including interlude content played)
- Plug in save system enabled for multiple saves. (demo feature only)
- 01/15/22: Major update: Phase One - Origins; ver 1.03.00
- 11/05/21: Small update released deploying various fixes; ver 1.02.02
Coming Up Next:
- Phase Two Update - Donner, Reed and Wolfinger Family Interviews
Retail Demo Link: https://dashingdon.com/go/9929