Welcome to Kindorius, a territory isolated by sea, desert and mountains, where various races coexist in a tenuous peace maintained by humans, once conquerors and now monarchs.
The wars are long over, and although they have their differences, there are no significant quarrels between the races of Kindorius: Dwarves, elves, humans, halflings and drakorians just live their lives under the banner of the human King Hartair.
But now something is changing.
Zoon, a mysterious necromancer, has secured a place of power as an advisor to King Hartair, at the same time as hordes of previously unknown creatures have begun to invade and destroy various villages for unknown purposes, and entire communities disappear without a trace.
Strange energies emanate from various points in the territory and events line up in the direction of an ancient prophecy, of which only fragments are known. And at the centre of it all, an unlikely hero emerges.
In the quest to discover the reasons behind a new evil, whether it is for revenge, power or wealth, you will have important choices to make and a long way to go to fulfil your destiny. Who is Zoon? Where do the mysterious creatures come from? Who are really the people who cross your path?
Welcome to Kindorius, a land where the truth is never what it seems to be.
Grab your swords/bows/daggers/fireballs and come help defeat (or join, for that matter) a new evil who wants to conquer Kindorius and the rest of the world’s territories.
- D&D-based rules (note: it will not be necessary to know how to play, or have ever played, D&D to enjoy this game);
- The choice of class and subclass does not change the difficulty of the game, but it does lead to different dialogues/experiences/endings;
- Alignment mechanics (good/evil, lawful/chaotic) that influences the player’s journey;
- Partially non-linear story;
- Use different combinations of weapons/armor/shield (no restrictions, although it is best to choose accordingly to your class - sorry, a wizard with a sword and shield will not fight very well…);
- Adjustable ability scores;
- Available classes (may change): warrior, ranger, rogue and wizard.
This game is in development (approximately 21000 words so far). You can now read and play a prologue, an interlude and two chapters. Being a work in progress, it is likely that even the contents now presented will have changes.
In the meantime, I would like input from the community (players and writers) so I can improve my work and be able to create a memorable experience. I would really appreciate your feedback (bugs, suggestions or just an hello) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To play the demo, go here: https://dashingdon.com/go/9382
P.S.: Thanks to @Sargent for his awesome ChoiceScript extension for VS Code.