Factions: The Raids of the Divided

Hello everyone,

I have decided I would like to make a game. The genre is going to be fantasy, adventure. I would like to implement an ally system where they will be able to help you on your quest. Because this is still in the idea stage and I do not know how to code the release date will probably be late summer. I have specific beta tester who I would like to assist me if they are interested but that will be later on.

2 Likes

@Theboywhocould I look forward to seeing what you produce. Any ideas yet on the plot, or are you just getting started on that?

1 Like

Hopefully, I shall have the plot and possible endings written down by the end of 2013. Then I can slowly learn how to code/write it in choice format as spring semester goes on.

You should make it, or a part of it a dungeon crawler or Roguelike game… That would separate it from the other fantasy CoGs and WIPs.
Just an idea

Yep of you have an idea go for it

1 Like

Do you guys want this game to be more realistic or less realistic, like having dragons vs not having dragons?

Sorry, I meant to say all your opinions are welcome, and they have a chance of being really helpful :slight_smile:

@Theboywhocould I’ve found that there’s a sweet spot somewhere between realism and pure fantasy that works best for most games.

1 Like

Thanks, mate.

Just changed the title of your thread slightly. If you want it changed to anything else let me know.

I like dragons, but magic I don’t like, I don’t even play those games.

MAKE A FANTASY GAME!!!

What kind of poor soul doesn’t like magic in these genres?! Not even Tim the Enchanter from Monty Python and the Holy Grail?!

1 Like

i prefer for you to start small, but i didn’t really follow that rule either so can’t really say that

I like imagination, but magic is a little to much fantasy. U don’t have to like me. But I do think someone making a game wants everyone to play your game.

@emv1996 I get what you’re saying, but if you have dragons then by default it’s fantasy., and dragons traditionally are magical in nature to begin with.

@fanton used what your saying, and choice of dragon did have magic but they did not have to have that. They could of had a trained army come and attack him, and it would have been just as good. We’ll that my opinion.

Another suggestion- make sure you have full choice over character creation (Race, Role, Gender) you don’t want a person who’s most comfortable with being, say, a rogue to be forced into being a warrior; or @emv1996 to be forced into being a mage or wizard. What I’m saying is different people have different preferences.

Demons wereanimals dragons blood blast fire EXPlOSIONS!!!

1 Like

Werebears