The Burning Sun

Oh wow, merci, thank you for your kind words, I am currently editing to reflect the suggestions I received and your message was on cue.

I like the health and injury suggestion.

I will def keep working on it and update regularly. Merci beaucoup pour le compliment, cela fait plaisir de le lire :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hmmm… :smile: I was looking for a Wild West journey wips like cowboys, and I found your story. It’s sounds intriguing. I’ll check this out right away, and I’ll pm you about my feedback/review. So far it’s good.

Edit: I sent you already my pm and I know you know it haha. This story is cool and I’ll look forward to it. don’t give up!

1 Like

Haha thank you, I did check out "The Evil Hound, nice work :slight_smile: You are good a imagining futuristic stuffs, will def leave you some suggestions later today.

I wanted to ask you how do you decide to go with “I” or “You” when narrating the MC, is it an author preference?

Thank you for reading.

1 Like

Definitely a lot of grammar corrections to do, but a very good story so far.

I’d recommend changing how the gangs gender is determined. I know basing it on players romantic preference has been done on multiple other stories, but I’ve never been a fan of that. If you can make it so that each characters gender is determined by the reader individually, I’ve always preferred that style. The lost heir does it this way if you want an example. I like this way better, because it allows the MC to have a romantic relationship with the character of their choice, and a brotherly or sisterly relationship with another character of their choice. If that makes sense.

Example: I choose that my MC is attracted to women, and I romance Willow. All good so far, but then I only want to be friends with the others. Dang, Willows got 2 sisters to go hang out with for a girl’s night, but I don’t have any Bros to hang with.

1 Like

haha yes grammar is my weakness, thanks for the suggestion, I will give it a try, the league is four members (with the MC joining being the fourth since Tao is now out)

The romance stats are hidden until you make a romance-able choice toward a character.

So you can romance all 3 or romance 2 or 1 and be friends with whomever you are not romancing

1 Like

Hello everyone,

I want to give special thanks to @Dartknight thank you, thank you :slight_smile:

and big thanks to @kafka84 @ElvesForTheWin @moonfungus for thoughts and suggestions.

and thank you to all of you that liked and read the story, please know that it went to some rewrites, and will continue to update.

hope you like it, stay safe everyone.
Carm.

5 Likes

I’m very interested in this wip! I usually don’t like westerns, but this one seems a lot more inclusive and interesting than others I have seen. I also really like the character customization and things at the beginning.

Small spoiler

I was kinda stumped on the Dutch hamster riddle, and then when I found out what the answer was, I nearly broke down. :rofl::rofl: I hate puns but I also love them.

Typos and Issues

Just wanted to point out a few examples of sentences where the word that started the quote was not capitalized. And also, here are a few places where the sentence seems to run on. I will edit more as I replay and as you update.

Can’t wait to see more of this demo! :blush:

1 Like

this story is great that I can’t wait to read more! the genre is not my usual but this story make it so interesting that I’m so engrossed in it.

1 Like

Glad you like it and thank you for reading :slight_smile:

Thanks for the typos and issues, I will work on them.

1 Like

Thanks for reading will try to update regularly. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think trying to include the player character’s background is good, but will be odd to read unless you make it a lot more granular; right now it’s in very broad strokes. Most people don’t call themselves European, for example, and certainly at the time would have defaulted to “German” or “Welsh” or another specific nationality (if not something even more specific, e.g. “Swabian” instead of “German”). The same applies to the other identities- being Japanese vs. Indian would mean very different things for the character, as would being an ex-slave vs. an Ethiopian or Cree vs. Inuit, even if those ethnicities are very broadly under the same category.

1 Like

Thank you for reading, yes it is intended to be used broadly. The terms European and Native and African are used in this story to refer to the MC roots from his/her mother’s side.

I did not want to limit the MC ancestry to only a country or a nationality. The only ancestry that is defined is the Native because the mother side of the MC is Apache.
I agree that most of the “old immigrants” at that time were German or Welsh, but there were also from Ireland, Scandinavia, and more. For me, it was easier to fit them in the European category instead of specifying German or Welsh.

3 Likes

Hello,

This WIP was updated, sorry but you will have to restart as the old save slots would not be working, variables and new stats were added…

It is up to chapter four but an additional route and ROs were added…You can now join the Coppers instead of the League :slight_smile:

8 Likes

LEEEENNNNEEEEYYYScreenshot_20200824_184937

4 Likes

lol I didn’t get the joke :smiley:

wow this is great and honestly you write better than i speak so i think your fine thanks again for the great read

1 Like

Thanks for reading :slight_smile:

that was fun! can’t wait for more :slight_smile:

I particularly like Cassidy :heart:

1 Like

Thank you for reading…so you went the dangerous path haha that’s good, You should try the path of the league too…it’s completely different ROs.

Currently working on something else but will update soon :slight_smile:

I did go the path of the league! It was also fun, I replayed both sides multiple times, but I think the dangerous side was more “thrilling” :slight_smile:

1 Like