Tally Ho Spoilers Discussion

That you used “whom” there is enough for me.

4 Likes

@Gower I loved your writing style. I was completely hooked on this game for 2 straight months. :grinning::grinning: tally ho was definitely worth it. Is there a sequel by the way?
Also I needed a help… How can I get that Gila Monster to participate in the animal show competition and win it???

1 Like

Ta-da! (well, “ta-da-in-progress!”)

4 Likes

Woah!! That’s awesome!! I loved the idea. However I was expecting that it would continue when Rory was called to new York by another aunt and the valet and Rory venture out there as well… This a whole new thing…
And come on don’t leave me in the dark about that cute Gila Monster

3 Likes

Well.

Regarding the direct continuation, I am cooking up something there as well. But I am not quite ready to reveal that until I think of a funny way to do the reveal.

But as for Shambles, I don’t remember. I would have to code-crawl a bit. I’ll check in a bit!

4 Likes

Trying a step by step Gila monster guide based on the code. I haven’t actually done this in a playthrough myself yet, so I’m not sure if I missed anything important:

You first meet Shambles in chapter 4, the foxhunt. You have to stay back and investigate the rooms, specifically Regina’s room, to meet the Gila monster.

To enter her room, you’ll need either

a) [skullduggery > 40] (ideally bigger than 45) or

b) [bold > 40] (ideally at least 50), or,

c) if you have [intellect > 40] AND [observe > 40], you can also open her door by noticing an irregularity with the door.

These are the ways to stumble upon Shambles:

a) Directly pick the envelope up

b) Examine the room thoroughly (only choose this if you have [observe > 45])

b) a. Choose to grab the envelope and duck under the bed

b) b. Pry open the wall panel.

b) b.1 Disarm the trap (but only if your skullduggery is less than 40 because otherwise you’re just too good to trigger Shambles)

Now you’ve met Shambles. How do you gain the Gila monster’s respect?

a) Do a rhythmic dance. - If you’re a tamer, you need [(soothing + culture) > 70] to succeed. If you’re not a dancer, these two stats together need to be more than 100.

b) Speak to Shambles in stern terms. - As a tamer, you need [soothing < 35] as well as [persuade > 35]. If you’re not a tamer, you need [soothing < 50] and [persuade > 50] to succeed.

If you’ve succeeded with that, you’ll meet Shambles again in chapter 06, baccarat. You will have to choose to do Regina’s mission in this chapter to get Shambles as your companion.

Then later, in the harvest chapter, make sure the peacocks head off to India, and Shambles will be your star for the show.
The initial show score for Shambles is equal to your relationship stat with Regina. The higher the better.

The big show. It doesn’t hurt to have been not too nice to Col. Firesnuff about his yak, or having successfully encouraged Aunt Primrose prior in the chapter.

Opportunities to lower the yak’s score:

Foxhunt:

Go on the hunt and speak with Firesnuff. Discuss the Harvest Festival with him, provoke him, and have [soothing < 40]. Or atempt to rattle him with [intellect > 40] and [persuade > 30].

Dinner:

If you don’t have a love interest and have to take on the disguise of the professor, you’ll run into Firesnuff. Say he’ll do poorly at the festival when having [culture > 40].

Harvest:
If the manuscript of a certain notorious book is still intact or published or changed, you will see a poster of it and can encourage Aunt Primrose.

a) It is the time to fight! - [(persuade + bold) > 115] or [> 100] to lower the yak’s score. |||| Focus on the competition. - if the manuscript was changed. [(persuade + bold) > 110] or [> 105]

b) The novel is a work of art. - Need to know about “Fifi”, can be learnt on Regina’s mission. [culture > 55]

You can do two of these things at the show to positively influence Shamble’s endscore.

a) Annoying Firesnuff ([soothing < 35]) will reduce the yak’s score.

b) Giving Aunt Primrose a pep talk (ideally [persuade >= 70], but > 60 also works) will raise Shamble’s score.

c) You can primp Shambles - either with a combination of having worked at the gallery and having [culture >= 60] or else [culture >= 70], or [>= 60] for a slightly less ideal result.

d) Adjust the score sheet. - Thief background and [skullduggery >= 65], or [skullduggery >= 75], or [skullduggery >= 65] for a slightly less ideal result.

e) If you’ve acquired some herbs earlier in the boathouse (chapter 07, Parlor) , you can feed them to Shambles. The bonus he gets from that depends on how much money you’ve given Mopsie earlier in the story.

9 Likes

Thank you for that! Fun fact—having Shambles be able to win the show was the very last thing I implemented in the game.

I was going to have you be able to use the giant fake spider in the haunted house or the fake peafowl in the science museum, too, but I ran out of time!

2 Likes

@Sylveranty thanks a heap! I can finally get that achievement!
@Gower wow that would become cheating since both were fake and shambles is a real animal. Probably skullduggery would have been an important skill in that route??..

2 Likes

I think there was an indication of a guide somewhere in this discussion? Can’t seem to find it if it is here… Anyone know, if it isn’t much of a hassle? Ty :nerd_face:

2 Likes

No full guide–there’s too many moving parts to do that well, I fear. But ask away–someone will be able to get you where you are trying to go.

3 Likes

Hi ive played this game many times but I am curious if you can just romance Frankincense? Every time i’ve tried to romance her i always end up getting the love triangle ending instead.

1 Like

Yes, you certainly can. You have to ensure that your relationship with Frankincense is high enough, while at the same time ensuring that the relationship between Frankincense and Rory is low.

The moment that that is set in stone is just before the parlor scene in chapter seven.

6 Likes

Who are the male ro’s?

Valentine and Haze can be; either Rory or Frankincense will be. Player choice.

4 Likes

Thank you.

1 Like

Sorry if this has already has been asked but when I meet with Haze at the ruins it seems like no matter what I say he is still upset or sad. Is there a certain stat I need to change this or is this how the scene supposed to be?
Thank you for your time!

2 Likes

He’s going to be upset through the whole scene, but I think if your relationship stat is high enough he’ll stay in your arms towards the end of the scene instead of running away.

3 Likes

Who are all the ROs??

Rory, Haze, Valentine, Frankincense, and a possible Rory/Frankincense poly romance.

2 Likes

Isn’t Mopsie one of them?? That is a shame