Tally Ho Spoilers Discussion

Then you aren’t in a romance with them. You must have not locked in in their romance.

Its 4:07 AM.

But I’ve been thinking about people’s reactions to Haze and I guess I’m a bit unsettled. Maybe because I feel similar that I honestly, genuinely don’t think (or at least I hope) that there’s nothing wrong with feeling like you’re out of place in society. The way he phrases things is a bit more melodramatic than me but its still generally the same idea, that getting married, having kids and working a 9 to 5 job for 30 years until you’re sitting there waiting to die just seems so miserable. I guess it works for some people but I’d rather live a short, exciting life because time isn’t a guarantee.

That feel when a character in a game sends you into an existential crisis.
@Gower

Don’t help anyone after the dinner and have a romantic stroll with Valentine or let Valentine be jailed, help get escape and then kiss her.

Alright thanks for the help

1 Like

That feeling of physical pain when you want the Monaco ending but the stat check is 90% rep and you have 89%
Same with the notorious criminal ending, my MC had 69% skullduggery and the stat check is 70%
lmao time to play through this game again

@Gower Hi, it’s me again ( I feel like I’m becoming a normal visitor to this forum :sweat_smile: ) and I have MORE questions about the game now :

1. When I was searching Regina’s room I didn’t find shambles but I noticed my invitation stat was really high ( around 50 ) especially when I decide to go to Regina’s hidden chamber / room but when I bailed out of the room because I’m worried I’m not smart enough to disable the trap ( it also didn’t help that I’m a scaredy cat and I took the warning to heart) my invitation stat dropped drastically ( around 30 ) does this mean shambles is watching over you and approving your every move or is it a bug in the game??
  2. I noticed that on my second playthrough and I was romancing haze when I picked the " I think the peacocks like the kids " choice haze’s bar didn’t drop down but during the boat race and you pick going to the safer route instead of helping him steal something he said " you’re mocking me aren’t you " and his stat dropped to 66. On my third playthrough when I pick " I think the peacocks like the kids " choice haze’s stat dropped and on the boat race when I picked to go the safer route Haze only said " pshaw" and his stat in the end was 71 . I wonder if this was because of a bug or each character respond to you differently depending how high your relationship status are with each of them because on my third playthrough on the Roman wall scene I manage to get haze’s relationship to 80.
  3. Can you both be a soothing and bold servant at the same time or is that pretty much impossible???
  4. On my first 2 playthrough Valentine was a suspect for being light finger Lou but on my third playthrough I was the main suspect. This really confused me for a long time because In my third playthrough I chose nearly the exact same choices as the one on my second playthrough.
  5. On my first 2 playthrough I manage to get figs and mopsie together and get aunt primrose’s approval but on my third playthrough that didn’t happen and it felt like a punch to the gut because I chose nearly the exact choices that I did in my second playthrough.
  6. In game is a 50 and above intelligence considered stupid or average???
  7. In game is a 50 and above observant is considered as not too observant or too neglected? ??
  8. If I’m dating haze are you still in the cadbury club / still considered as a servant???
  9. How high is your invitation stat to get you into the inner circle???
  10. Can you be a member of the inner circle while dating haze???
    That’s all the questions I have for now and thank you for anyone who’s reading this from top to bottom. I think this is the longest I have ever typed on a public website and I’m sorry for taking your time and bothering you all :persevere:
1 Like

From my experience, you can’t be both.

For some of your query one thing I noticed was depending on your stats, you can’t chose the same choices if that didn’t pass the stat checks.

For example in your first playthrough, you choose an option that has a requisite for soothing at 75 or above and your soothing was at 76 during that time. It will go to the scene for passing that stat check. And then on your second playthrough with the same scene and choose the same option but with your soothing is currently at 65 and then you fail the stat check for that one.

There were a lot of variables in this game which takes into account what you did from the previous chapters, which was very challenging. XD

2 Likes

Hello, I’ve been playing a good amount of CoG’s games and enjoining them, but i’m having trouble playing Tally Ho, mostly because i doubt and hesitate at almost every option, because I’m trying to be as efficient as possible but never finishing because I keep resetting when I think I made a mistake (even if it wasn’t one), so my first post is going to be asking for some guide lines in what I can do to at the very least get some of the endings and actually finishing it, so please bear with me:
The endings I mostly want to get are based on the romances 1.Haze, 2.Frankie, 3.Valentine (and maybe Rory, not completely sure about it yet) So here are my questions, forgive me if I go on too long, first post and all :bowing_man:

1. Something like a guide on reaching these endings, not really detailing every step but at least the most relevant ones.
  2. Is choosing to be a gentleman’s/Lady’s “Person” change most of the dialog in a significant way (not just with pronouns) or is it negligible? It’s because I really like playing as a female and having the romances being same-sex (I just enjoy roleplaying that way, might have to do with my first experiences playing these games and finding it entertaining :confounded:) and I don’t want to romance male Frankie because having to choose being a lady’s lady.
  3. Is becoming part of the inner circle worth it, in terms of stopping Dr.X’s plans to harm primrose or can I ignore it?
  4. Is it necessary to Sabotage/Aid Figs and Mopsie to facilitate some parts? I mostly don’t like Figs but I don’t necessarily want to make Mopsie sad, I kinda understand her situation and don’t particularly dislike her but figs is just one of those character archetypes that I tend to dislike (a parasite that asks’s to be recognised for their genius that they don’t actually possess and is overdramatic about it), I mean at least Rory more blatant about the fact that they are a bit of a screwup, that’s how I see it for the most part.
    Thanks for reading all that (If you did, and if you didn’t that’s fine) and for replying if do.
    Laters :blush:.
1 Like

It is mostly negligible. A few little cosmetic changes here and there, but nothing much.

If you want to romance female Frankincense, Rory must be a man, which means you must be a “gentleman’s gentleman” (which will give you “he” pronouns) or a “gentleman’s servant” (which will give you “they” pronouns.) Honestly the pronouns for the main character don’t come into it that often.

You can’t do everything in one playthrough, so save it for a playthrough where your goal is joining the Inner Circle. The mission to help the Inner Circle in Ch.6 is a fun romp.

It depends what you mean by “some parts.” If you want to see what it looks like when you act behind the scenes to prevent their marriage, then you do have to do a little sabotage. Chapter five will require you to at least nominally help Figs, but you can be quite lazy about it. Aside from chapter five, you may of course ignore the two of them as best you can.

1 Like

Yes, you can :sunglasses:.

1 Like

I’m stuck at romancing Frankincense too. Could someone please help with this - giving detailed information
(I actually like Haze a lot, but I just want to break up Rory and Frankincense for the fun of it :smirk:)

2 Likes

Hi @Gower It’s me again :sweat_smile:. I’m on my fourth playthrough trying to romance Rory and I’m trying to break up his engagement as a soothing servant and which choice should I choose in this particular situation

@Gower Sorry to bother you again but is it possible to romance Rory without the need to participate in mopsie’s plan because I really like the inner circle mission WAY too much and it doesn’t help I’m a huge fan of spy missions

Yes, it’s possible.
20 char.

2 Likes

Um… What is possible and what do you mean by 20 chars???

It is possible to romance Rory without the mopsie plan.

As for the 20 character, there is a minimum 20 character limit. Some people add “20 characters” (or any variation) to short messages for it to be submitted.

1 Like
Summary

#I help to ease the conversation between them, helping them fall in love.

soothing < 60 and persuade < 40

#I provoke a conversation likely to cause serious friction between them.

soothing <= 40 and persuade > 40

#I offer support to Rory to bolster his confidence, even though that may annoy Frankincense.

soothing < 50 and intellect < 35

#I suggest that Rory ought to listen to Frankincense’s very good points, even though there is a chance that could annoy Rory if not delicately put.

soothing < 50 and intellect < 35

This will lessen your relationship with Rory though.

1 Like

I am pleased to announce a new let’s play of Tally Ho. We have just uploaded the first installment here. I am playing it with my friends Emily and Callie, both of whom are entirely new to Tally Ho, while I am very familiar with it. I read the narration and the main character, while the rest of the character voices are divided up between my friends. They’re also taking turns making the choices. We also get pretty silly, which is quite right for this sort of game :upside_down_face:

Episode one is 35 minutes long, and takes us to just before Aunt Primrose’s arrival. We plan to upload a new installment each week on Monday.

Hope you enjoy :smile:

11 Likes

I didn’t even know let’s plays for these types of games was a thing :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

That moment when you find out that the actual voice of a forum members doesn’t sound anything like the mental idea you had while reading their comments.

Nice idead doing it with friends, though, it can be more entertaining that way.

1 Like