Tally Ho Spoilers Discussion

We’ll make it a thing! :persevere:

Hope it’s not too jarring :stuck_out_tongue: I’ve had similar surprises with people I initially met online too.
(What were you expecting? :sweat_smile:)

Yeah, that’s how our channel’s been doing all our games :smile: it really helps with dividing up voices. And I’m sure it’s more fun for us :grin:

Also, since I do know the ins and outs of Tally Ho pretty well, it’s nice to take on some people who have no idea where the plot’s going, or what the consequences of their decisions will be :grin:

I’m trying to keep really :zipper_mouth_face: with them.

(Just as an aside, I also really like that we’re playing with a nonbinary main character, given that we have a group of one male and two female players, so we’re not just going with one over the other :smile:)

3 Likes

I’m actually recording one of Broadway :smiley:
But didn’t know that those exist, either

Also, I have to admit that I did not reas through all 400+ posts (only up to roughly a hundred)
My question is: JEEPERS CREEPERS that Haze|l scene in which they get all we-are-living-in-a-game-anyway really caught me off-guard.

Also, I enjoyed all of the characters and interaction & and the improved non-linearity of that game (compared to Midsummer Night’s Choice) but I think the new game’s characters did not feel as endearing partially. They had interesting character flaws and really cool positive aspects but as for RO this games is really hard to chose a moral choice (and I personally love to be able to romance a character that might be silly, bumbly, envious, greedy, boastful or whatever but … all of the romance options are so untruthful … Maybe that is caused by the setting. But I do not like to crash a relationship let alone a marriage, date somebody that deceits everyone for their own vain means (V.) or who is a plundering thief :D)

I did enjoy exploring their different paths anyway. It was just a tad frustrating that everyone is not really even trying to be fair square.

That being said, I loved to try to lead people on a good path hehe

1 Like

I actually imagine the forum members as their profile picture. So to me, you’re just a talking butterfly.

4 Likes

I’m only 15 minutes into listening to it, and it’s SO GOOD! Most of the Choice of Let’s Plays are pretty dry, but this isn’t at all. The byplay and the laughing and the chemistry between you all are really endearing. I love it!

6 Likes

Not too jarring, but if I didn’t know better I’d have taken you for a teenager by your voice TSSL. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

I copied the idea of a butterfly profile from my boyfriend (@ParrotWatcher) pretty soon before he switched to his current parrot picture :stuck_out_tongue:

Aw, thanks so much! That means a lot :relaxed: I shared your comment with Emily and Callie and they were really excited too. There was this really big “awwww” that occurred :smile:

Hey, also, now I’m talking to you… how do you pronounce your name? :sweat_smile:

I’m 25 :joy:
I think I just tend to talk a little bit in the upper register of my voice, if that’s it :thinking: though I think its, uh, physical range would actually tend to go a fair bit deeper :confused:

2 Likes

Rather than figure out how to write it phonetically, listen to the trailer for Midsummer or Tally Ho–CoG gets it right!

2 Likes

That’s practically still a teenager today isn’t it? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Well for internet things I guess being taken for a teen isn’t bad and might actually be beneficial. If you ever want to go into law or politics you might want to learn to use the lower register more, I find it tends to make me get taken more seriously by almost everybody. Then again I do need to compensate for limited physical stature and Tally Ho! is practically the opposite of serious. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Hello! I’ve just wanted to let you know that I really adore Tally Ho and that I play it whenever I need to get away from stress or just to have fun all over again.I’m new here,so I’m not sure if the picture will show. Hopefully, it will. I couldn’t help myself and drew a little sketch of my MC and Rory as well. (Although I really should be studying right now.) Thank you so much for creating this wonderful story, take care!
PS: Lots of love from Turkey!

17 Likes

And I did not :joy: well, clearly you were so offended by my mispronunciation that you wrote a glowing response :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Yeah. I guess, generally I feel like I just want to use my own natural voice without having to, like, change who I am to conform and all, but… I do worry about biases, yeah :sweat_smile: (I have also noticed that my voice gets deeper around men whom I don’t know, without doing so consciously. This is a thing.)

I’m pretty small myself :stuck_out_tongue: but what is this “serious” of which you speak? :upside_down_face:

Eeeee, they’re so cute! :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

Haha,thank you! :grin:

1 Like

Our second Tally Ho let’s play video is up! In this 36-minute episode, we finish chapter one, and Callie now gets a character to voice in the guise of Aunt Primrose.

Also, love triangles are fun :grin:

6 Likes

Hah! I like it. Please tell your friend that one listener thinks her version of Aunt Primrose is wonderful.

4 Likes

Oh man, that Aunt Primrose voice is incredible. Especially tipsy Primrose!

4 Likes

And our third episode of the Tally Ho let’s play is up! :smile: This 46 minute episode takes us through the first part of the second chapter (Regina route) :grin:

Keeping a running tally of “requests,” so far we’re asking for a Primrose romance, and an option to go to Hogwarts :innocent: (and maybe a Spinosaurus… that fits the correct genre!)

By the way, when there’s a little bit of extra text on the screen, that’s from Emily. She does the video editing.

(While this isn’t Choice of Games-related, I also feel like noting that we are also starting a let’s play series that features fellow forum-goer [and my boyfriend] @ParrotWatcher :blush: Night in the Woods)

9 Likes

I love your friend, the one doing Primrose and Regina, she’s stealing the show.

3 Likes

Just as a teaser, Emily said that next week’s episode is her favorite so far, and I’m inclined to agree :grin: it will feature some fun with language, and some catastrophic choice-making :smiling_imp:

I relayed your comment to Callie, and she says “Why thank you! I’m so flattered :D

3 Likes

Aaaand it’s time for episode 4, in which we get distracted by pronunciation, and I delight in my friends’ misery :grin: thus concluding chapter two.

(And here’s a link to the Tally Ho playlist, in case there’s any newcomers who don’t want to scroll up. It also occurred to me that maybe I should link the Mixed Nerds tumblr as well :thinking:)

3 Likes

Please tell me you plan to make more games like this!!

This game is as wonderful as it is hilarious. Especially:

‘Singing to the Dogs, and having to call them by name before they fall asleep’
‘Rory not finding a bag’
Aunt Petunia! (That was her name, right?)
‘I’m Figs!’ Haha. That part was hilarious.
Speaking of Figs: That painting of the Aunt.

I have to admit, this game was a treasure. Please make more like this!

2 Likes

I’m making more games like this. I’m working on a three-part series set in the same world as Tally Ho. I’m hoping to have the draft of the first game done next June: I’m nearly done with chapter one, and it looks like it’s going to be a long one, if I can judge from the first chapter…

11 Likes