Tall tale of Draigs (WIP) formerly known as Drágóneer (WIP)

@honeymichie
May I suggest you add the temporary working links to the main post? This thread is relatively active and it would be a shame to see those links getting lost amidst the replies… not to mention anyone who joins in for the first time probably ins’t aware of their existance either.

2 Likes

They can’t change it any more (the post locks after 2 months) unless the @moderators change it to a wiki post.

3 Likes

That sucks… would be nice if the moderators changed it then.

2 Likes

The thing is with wiki posts, any regular member can change them. It’s not a huge deal, but it’s enough that I wait for the OP to ask rather than just do it.

6 Likes

For me that’s the beauty of it.

When you have so many ideas and creativities and you have to combine it together, you never know what you end up with. I kinda understand what it feels like. On the process when you try to work those ideas together it’s so exciting and so satisfied if it come out great.

Keep up the good work.:purple_heart: :grin:

2 Likes

I’m really not like of making it a wiki, I had a bad experience with it from another forum site. People there were immature at best. But I guess it will be a lot better on the long ran if I ever need to change stuff, small details or such.

Can any kind @moderators change my main post into a wiki post? Thank you very much

3 Likes

Is it possible to be evil and devour a dragon

1 Like

I kinda feel like i am repeating phase 2. Is that a glitch?

2 Likes

@CodyStrife devour a dragon? Do you mean kill one? Then yes, I am trying to implement it at some point. But to kill your MC’s dragon pet… erm… no… you can kill someone else’s pet dragon or the free roaming ones if you like. You’d get very many opponents if you do this by the way…

@MadHatterM It is not a glitch it is the end of the demo. We’ve fixed it now and added an ending. You won’t loop anymore.

2 Likes

@CodyStrife means to eat a dragon. Maybe in a soup or something :joy:

2 Likes

As long as nothing is wasted i find this acceptable. Drakeye the dragon approves…

3 Likes

Oh, eat them, got it. I misunderstood devour as in killing spree. Thanks for the clarification @orkwut

@CodyStrife So ah eat the dragons (draconis) If the MC attempt to eat them it is considered cannibalism. Why? Because in later part of the game when the MC is at his/her school. Their teacher reveals that their people the Draig can partially shapeshift/transform into a bipedal dragon from as opposed to the dragons (draconis) the is a quadrupedal dragon. Some of the game’s race do eat the dragons. They consider them a delicacy and some think they have healing properties. Rankens consider the blood of the dragons as a magic youth potion in which they hunt a drain the blood of the said dragons. On the other hand, the Nereids like to eat the meat and they believe by consuming it they’re given (by their religious belief) a chance to be reborn again. Dergkans like to hunt them for sport, but they do not consume the dragons’ meat for the meat to their race is poisonous. Jemiuos on the other hand consume the dragons’ hearts.

@Drakeye Depends on the race. I guess the less wasteful would be the Rankens. Once they obtain the dragon blood they sell the other parts to the other races who will find some use for them. Rankens also hire Dergkans to hunt for draconis.

3 Likes

I have a cake icon and I don’t know why, but I have it yay?!

Since I’ve been asked this question a lot (Can insert NPC name be Male or Female?) I’m going to answer it in general.

I just want everyone to know that None of the NPC will ever have their gender flipped. I know it’s just a matter of code and all, but I’ve already established the NPCs personalities, gender identity, as well as their preferred sexual orientation. It’s not just a matter of flipping their gender. Hope you guys understand and we haven’t yet updated the public link. We will post when it is updated thanks much everyone.

13 Likes

@honeymichie it means…(suspense increases)…(suspense increases again)…HAPPY BURTHDAY!!! :birthday:

Also: I actually prefer it when characters set the way they are because that way the character is all their own and gender swapping takes away from their identity some times. Again: this is just my preference.

2 Likes

@Mxm124 It’s my birthday? But my birthday isn’t on February……wha? I think I’ll eat real cake now to celebrate my not birthday day…

I got asked a lot, really a lot to add an option for gender flipping which I explained is impossible and I’m sorry for it. I just want everyone to know that I’m not going to flip any NPCs and just to prevent a repeated question.

I do understand it’s frustrating that the NPC you’d want your MC to be romantically involved with is not attracted to your MC because of their preferred sexual orientation or because your MC is not inclined to their gender identity or vice versa.

Instead of the usual everyone is MC sexual which the NPC automatically goes with the flow for the sake of the MC. My style is the opposite, I don’t like NPC bending for the sake of the MC. The MC must be the one to bend or they’re already in the right track for the NPC they’re pinning for. I want the MC to work for it, good graces don’t fall from the sky at least in my games Mwahahahha….

7 Likes

It’s the anniversary of the day you joined the forum.

I do like having canonically gay characters, it’s true, but you should make sure that you’re not heavily imbalancing the cast (say, there are far more straight options than gay options, or the nicest people are straight, or the gay options are all horrible stereotypes, or they’re far harder to find…). I would recommend having most characters being bisexual, and only a few as completely straight or gay.

2 Likes

Aha so that’s what cake icon mean thanks

Yup, I’ve balanced the RO options, but depending on the branching path the MC takes. The MC won’t encounter all the RO options. They could even miss some of them.

I also made sure to add hidden ROs meaning I won’t add a score for the Player to see if that particular NPC is an RO or not. Mwahaha my evilness is just wonderful today. I like the cool breeze it make me want to write… I need to procrastinate more…

1 Like

Well as long as there’s no “only straight guys” path… :unamused:

@honeymichie
can u list the genders & orientations of all planned ros? u dont have to give names if u wanna keep that a secret :stuck_out_tongue:

@ParrotWatcher Nah, I mixed and matched them all up depending on the game path to avoid exclusivity, I don’t like that stuff anyway. So, there is no chance to have straight paths only, gay paths only, lesbian paths only, bi paths only, etc. It really depends on who the MC will be with. I check my notes and there is one path (which I’m still debating to add) with no RO ending at all, but you won’t know it till the end.

@maetropa I’m going vague as much as possible. I won’t even give much details since I’m evil, instead I’ll just state bisexual – 6, heterosexual – 4, homosexual - 4, pansexual 2. That’s all you’ll get from me mwahaha (Note: there is no Asexual) I didn’t give the gender as well because it’s a dead give-away.

2 Likes