Tall tale of Draigs (WIP) formerly known as Drágóneer (WIP)

It’s not really an update more like we re-uploaded what was on dropbox to neocites.

I cannot re-animate that error @Witan_Orbis do try it again. If it persist please report it again. Thank you :relaxed:

3 Likes

@IvoryOwl me too. I feel like stalker mode WIPs is going to be part of my daily routine if I not see the game link for them.

Is it just me or is it the second phase seem a bit different? At least now you release something to play public eheheheh don’t be mad at me. Peace

1 Like

It keeps looping back to the prologue after choosing the horse…

Because that’s where the current demo ends, it ain’t finished yet.

1 Like

@Reimi-Lyn That would be the end of the demo. We’re targeting 2017 late January or late February to release the Drágóneer link with the updates. Thank you for understanding and we hope you have a wonderful Christmas and a very pleasant and happy new year. :relaxed:

11 Likes

I’m not sure if it’s too late to voice my opinion but I think it would be really handy to be told that information about a certain topic would be added onto the stats screen. It takes away the fear that the player might miss out or forget important information during the gameplay especially if they don’t finish the game in one sitting.

As mentioned by ParrotWatcher, maybe a rewording of this would be better. Not that it offends me, but there might be some more sensitive players who might feel offended that their choices caused someone to ‘look down on’ or lower their opinion of them. Maybe a sentence such as ‘Logan didn’t seem to appreciate your response and took it to heart’?

3 Likes

On the contrary, I think having strongly negative or positive responses from characters is realistic and adds importance to choices. If there is rewording, it should solely be to help the notifications blend better into the narrative.

8 Likes

It would presumably depend on how much the relationship dropped by. If you insult his new hat, you might get “Logan looks hurt by your words” whereas if you murder his boyfriend the night before their wedding, it would probably be a little stronger.

4 Likes

This is my favorite WIP to play! Keep up the good work!

2 Likes

I like that it has a negative impact and you are made aware it. Having it all in rainbows land is lame and it breaks how a choice is made. You choose something and it creates a positive or negative I’m pact is what makes that choice more important.

Just write whatever you want. Some wants your sample words re-worded but that a sample it’s not even the one in game yet. What I’m more interested in is how will you insert it into play?

I support having an option to make player choose if they want their game telling them if there was a stat change or not. For me I like knowing the changes, immersion breaker be damned. I choose one that tells me to tell me changes and if I complain it breaks immersion that’s the players fault for choosing that one lols. In all seriousness, good to put a choice to choose if want to be informed or no.

2 more months and it’s the update. I just chill in the back ground.

3 Likes

The toddler part was awsome!! I laughed my ass off :joy:

5 Likes

By any chance was is when Agurt cursed? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Thanks, it is good to know that particular scene is well received. I hope to write something light hearted before going into the more serious stuff death and all since the player is still a child.

The school part is to be honest the boring part since I’m going to bombard the player with information dumping, but after that the semi-serious part starts. Then off to killing zone serious part.

10 Likes

Yes! That part was so hilarious :joy:

But seriously I’m so hooked with all the characters. Such a beautiful family.:blue_heart: I really love the way you decribe the character and atmosphere. It made me see the picture clearly and make me more into the story even english is not my first language.

6 Likes

Thanks, I like to write detailed descriptions. Probably because I hate it when people tell me “this is a/an [insert thing name].” Erm…hello can’t really see that nor have I have an idea as to what that is. Vague descriptions make me mad and sad for I’m reminded that my blindness takes away the beauty of my surroundings.

I do then do write too much prose which I’m trying to tone down especially when it the sentence sort of repeats itself. I’m confident with my English, just not the proper usage of grammar. Still confuses the heck out of me. I’d rather write on my own language, but then how will I practice my English writing skill?

I’m glad you like the family atmosphere, on that note I scrapped so many ideas before settling with Agurt, Hilda, Logan and Rubar as the MC’s family.

At some point, Logan was never to be added. Agurt was supposed to be Elder Frida. Frida and Hilda were sisters. Rubar was Hilda’s biological son. Talar (the cow boy later on the game) was a girl. The twins were supposed to be identical twins meaning two girls or boys lols. Smelly the dragon was originally a flamboyant man. Rubar was supposed to be a hobo…

That’s just to name a few of my trashed ideas. There are more…… I just got tired typing them hehehe….

8 Likes

@honeymichie
May I suggest you add the temporary working links to the main post? This thread is relatively active and it would be a shame to see those links getting lost amidst the replies… not to mention anyone who joins in for the first time probably ins’t aware of their existance either.

2 Likes

They can’t change it any more (the post locks after 2 months) unless the @moderators change it to a wiki post.

3 Likes

That sucks… would be nice if the moderators changed it then.

2 Likes

The thing is with wiki posts, any regular member can change them. It’s not a huge deal, but it’s enough that I wait for the OP to ask rather than just do it.

6 Likes

For me that’s the beauty of it.

When you have so many ideas and creativities and you have to combine it together, you never know what you end up with. I kinda understand what it feels like. On the process when you try to work those ideas together it’s so exciting and so satisfied if it come out great.

Keep up the good work.:purple_heart: :grin:

2 Likes

I’m really not like of making it a wiki, I had a bad experience with it from another forum site. People there were immature at best. But I guess it will be a lot better on the long ran if I ever need to change stuff, small details or such.

Can any kind @moderators change my main post into a wiki post? Thank you very much

3 Likes