Supra Humanum (WIP - Minor update 4/2/18 - Starting Chapter 2)

Some people like @Vergil16 have that fetish.
we shouldn’t deny his sic- preference.

Since MC is a superior combatant than normal human the fight should last at least 20 words or 3 minutes

Oh, I can pad the details more than that. However there is a little voice in the back of my head that says, “Write more.” However, I’d like to save more drawn out fights to someone that is at least cybernetically enhanced to convey a greater sense of difficulty.

well that depends the person who want it…some wants a quick and deadly fight and some want one more longer fight ( maybe you can make two options for that )

it’s not a fetish…it’s only that I am a person who don’t want to long fight only to make it " cool "…the quick you end it the more time you have

Well I’m certainly not against it but if you are good at writing fight scenes then knock yourself out, it is very very difficult to get the feel of enthralling combat by reading it…

@IronRaptor I’d recommend this thread for more context

Well, I’m already doing a lethal/nonlethal version of this particular fight. However, I didn’t think of “sadistically taunting your enemies.” I’m assuming that, in your mind, if you’re going down that route that death is inevitable?

@IronRaptor and for some accion examples you can see the WIP " The wight king "

and for people that wants to end the fight fast. you can use one punch man as reference @IronRaptor senpai.

See, the irony is that I’m trying NOT to make you look like Saitama or Genos for the most part. Except on very rare occasions (and no, I’m not talking about obliterating random mech dude in a single punch.)

The way I see it, cybernetic “God” is trying to blend in with humanity. Unless (s)he wants to be really dumb and “show off” to a world filled with even more advanced social media than we have today.

@AmericanShakespeare - Let me read that and I’ll answer your point because it’s a fair one.

2 Likes

That depends how you get into the battle … there are times when you cut a lot of people while you mock them and they are still alive so it is possible … but it would be very difficult

for fight scenes with the punchs? of course, but if you want a quick fight examples you can see Vergil in dmc 3-4 and Raiden of metal gear

you can take this as a example

Summary

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdaZZanDI34

1 Like

So, I believe your combat system is not those “turn-based”, gamey mechanic used on certain works, am I right?

FYI, on a close, personal, individual combat, the fight didn’t really last that long. I think one minute is a decent (if not long-ish) duration in typical 1v1 combat, unless you have two gladiators fighting with full gear on an arena.

About how long a “good” fight is, I think it’s not the matter of “how long” that makes a fight feels good; It’s the progression. The phase. The early-game, mid-game, and late-game moments of the fight.
If you write about boxing champ, put in the moments where the champ tries to learn his/her opponent’s moves, the early-game; and then the beating, punching, kicking moments, the mid-game; and end it with the champ makes one mistake and gets downed (and then you can decide whether the champ comes out victorious or defeated based on conditional checks, YMMV), or it’s the opponent that makes the mistake (and then the champ unleash their ultimate-move/special-move/unique-move that earns them their name)

Of course, you probably can accomplish that in less than 20 words ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

3 Likes

Simple fight but one that quickly shows them you mean business and they should know better
Examples

kicking one in the chest and knocking them a few feet or through a wall.

For sword and lethal
Run one thru and push them off the blade very quickly
Non-lethal us the Side of the Blade and back hand one with enough force to bruise a rib maybe crack one

In short use intimidation factor and “make it look easy” and like this is a waist of your time to “play” with them.
Just keepit looking like your still inn the realm of possibility for a military Grade very enhanced person for purposes of hiding among people

2 Likes

Given our MC, I imagine our melee weapon like Adam Jensen’s arm sword.

Summary

As for timing… how “normal” are these normal humans? Like a random civilian walking down the street? Run them down, slice in half without slowing down. A “trained” thug wearing body armor? A few minutes long fight, but not long because of our upgraded body.

Couldn’t sneak/run behind them and snap/slit their necks/throats. Just make the scene a page at max, and that would be long enough for me. You could also kill them watch dogs style. Hack into an electrical transformer and push them into it kill them from electrocution. You know kill them with your surroundings.

2 Likes

respawns randomly Wassup, Iron, Cajun, half of the Kingdoms thread. How’s the game writing going? (Also, how’s your kid, Iron? o.o)

2 Likes

Hey
20 hello character

Hey everyone!

We are back home now and we’re both trying to get caught up on sleep. He’s doing better than I am at the moment but I’ll give it another try after I’m finished posting. Thank you for asking!

You’re going to get an opportunity for “stealth kills” later, possibly with your knife of choice. You’re going to be fighting these guys and it’ll make more sense when I release the chapter.

A little cruel and unusual, but viable.While I do want to incorporate the hacking skill later on down the road, the purpose of this particular scene is to get 3 variables from the player: Blade of choice and the stats I’m assigning to them (this will also include barehanded for our Bruce Lee wannabes), a lethal/non-lethal check and I’m giving you an initial opportunity to “show off” if you really desire to. :smirk:

That blade was one of a few inspirations that I had for your melee weapon, however my melee weapon is like this: You have an EMP shielded hilt to protect the nanites housed inside it. Also there is a super-dense metal that, when interacted with by the nanites, can form (theoretically) any blade that you can think of. However, for the sake of me not having to write a dozen variations of weapons, I’ve kept the number to 3. You’re going to have the choice of an arming sword with a cross-hilt and pommel, a rapier or a katana. I was tempted to make an axe, however I’m more familiar with the previously listed weapons so… yeah. Also, my legion of scientific friends can debate if I’m following the Law of Conservation of Mass or not.

I’m going to say athletic, towards the high end of pure human fitness. If they were fighting you or I, we’d have problems. However in this realm it’s like pitting a high school football team vs. a fantasy pro football team. HS team is not going to have a chance. We are not even in the same league as norms.

No way, I’m echoing a lot of the people in @AmericanShakespeare’s link that I’m not going to be filling minor fights like this with a bunch of fake choices. I think it would break up the “narrative” that I’m using where the MC is telling you the story via the journal entries. That said, I will be giving choices on how to dispatch foes when you start fighting harder opponents but I’ll keep it on an as-needed basis. (Weren’t you the one that was talking about a form of Polish sword fighting and using swinging directions?)

This scene is 2-on-1 but again these guys are the ones outmatched. Both will be dispatched quickly (< 1 minute), even in a non-lethal option. When you start fighting mechs or people with military grade cybernetics, then we’ll be extending the length a bit.

Yeah, katana wielding you could definitely do that against normal people… :sunglasses:

Thanks for all of the input so far guys, I hope to get back into “writing mode” in the next day or two after I get caught up on my missed work. :sweat:

6 Likes

even the maniatical laugh and the red eye?

PD: I am more of quick and deadly kill that the longer and bloody fights

The maniacal laugh might be a ways off, if at all. The other part…

Summary

1 Like