Supra Humanum (WIP - Minor update 4/2/18 - Starting Chapter 2)

So… I was wondering… why do you have to have specific sexuality at all? Why can’t they just be MC-sexual? I just ask because I kinda get enough of only having friends in real life that it feels awkward to think I would experience the same in a story. I mean I guess thats true to life… But my life is pretty lonely so it’s not very endearing. I enjoy having friends, don’t get me wrong. But… Ah I doubt I could really express how it feels properly, sorry :frowning:

Unless you intend to get really specific I guess…? cause then you can’t re-purpose anything… I dunno. It’s just a thought I had, I hope it’s okay that I say it? I don’t want to be a bother or anything :worried:

1 Like

Hey, this is an open space. :slight_smile: I will field any and all questions.

So, can you clarify your question for me? I want to make sure I’m understanding you so I can give you a proper answer…

I have a question, on the first page it says until they created you. So are we a robot or cyborg?

1 Like

Or I could just! like… slowly sink into the shadows cause I feel super awkward now.

I’m not good at this.

Does it have to do with romances? Trust me my first few days I felt extremely awkward to ask questions. I know how you feel.

1 Like

Nah, I believe what is @Kimberlee_DaRosa trying to ask is

Don’t worry @Kimberlee_DaRosa, I got it from here :ok_hand:

3 Likes

You are a human with millions of nanobots swimming around in your body instead of cybernetics. I haven’t included a description of yourself in the story yet because I want to try to let the reader place “themselves” in. What I can safely say is that your eyes are the only outward feature that looks “upgraded” (allowing you to blend in to your current role as scout).

What you will find as the game goes on is that your skin can, potentially, be as tough as the tank’s armor. Or if you want to move as quickly as Peregrine, the nanobots will increase the efficiency of how your legs move. Eventually, the bots will do cooler things (want to have chameleon skin? Want to punch through a steel beam? I will get more creative as I brainstorm).

If you have played the initial Deus Ex or watched the Outer Limits episode I mentioned, then you can get some idea of my inspiration. The AI aspect that controls it and interfaces with you keeps freak mutations at bay though. There are some downsides which I will try to explore as well (given time).

I will also include that your teammates and a large majority of humanity are all cyborgs. There are a few holdouts who are called “norms” that still exist as well. These are 100% natural humans.

5 Likes

If that is @Kimberlee_DaRosa’s question, then I guess my answer is twofold.

• This work is based off of an incomplete novel that I was working on but I never finished. In the original work, the MC was torn between Dove and the “norm” but went on to go with the norm in an effort to re-embrace his humanity. Obviously, I’m changing around a lot of the games to make it compatible in a CoG format. However when it comes to “who the characters are”, I have already established that using an exercise similar to the one that Lord Irish posted over here:
    Tips, tricks, and tools to write better

• With the previous thought in mind, I’m wanting to keep my characters true to my profile of them. Could I release the limiters and just let anyone romance anyone? In theory, yes. However I feel like it would go against my “vision” of the world and the characters as I have designed them .

So, these are my thoughts/feelings on the subject and it has been something I’ve wrestled with for a while. However, I feel like the project will probably be the best for me and my art.

4 Likes
Nanosuit

Maximum armor

Maximum speed

Maximum strength

Cloak engaged

Sorry, can’t help it :sweat_smile:

About your character, I think I can see it now :thinking:
Yea, it’s hard for us as the “creator” of these characters to change their characteristics and traits so sudden like that.

It’s fine :ok_hand:
Write what you’re good at, and at one point, that skill and confidence will develop by themselves.

Well, maybe not punching through a steel beam. I’ll get something interesting going. Still, I think the stealth ability is common among many of these games.

1 Like

Maybe instead of punching through steel you could phase though objects of a certain density for a certain period of time. So you could phase through a concrete wall to strangle a guard from behind. It’d be cool to have, but would need some balancing such as a cool down period. Besides that, what has been written is interesting. Can’t wait to see how the story will play out.

2 Likes

Now that is an original idea! I would agree, it would be a late game power. My grand question would be: “Can nanobots cause your body to vibrate at frequencies to pass through walls (like The Flash) or is there some other explanation that we can use to make it happen?”

Thanks for your interest in the story!

3 Likes

i mean both someone hacking a team member and inner conflict like disagreements that results in fighting or even a good old sparring.

Also write whatever you want to write since you will enjoy it more than struggling to make sure everyone is happy since no matter what you or anyone does someone will always complain and be unhappy or offended with your choices.

I can’t wait to see more content

Supra Humanum = Super Human (?)

Is this where the title originated from? :thinking:

Supra
adverb
above, especially when used in referring to parts of a text
(prefix) beyond the limits of, outside of

Soo… I’m assuming, “Better Human”.

I thought the author was “Word Playing.” :joy:

You will definitely experience team friction depending on certain choices you make. So Avengers- level bickering is inevitable.

I have brainstormed a scene where you would be sparring with Rhino in a swordfight. Probably a few chapters down the road but it will be amusing.

For the rest of it: I plead the 5th.

1 Like

Ah, there you are. I wondered when Queen @Sophia would show.

Yes, I did go with Latin and @FutbolDude21586’s translation was correct. The title (in my mind) is “Above Humanity”. The theme of transcending humanity is going to be a central one but whether it is a good thing is something that will be asked. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This would be super ironic if MC was tiny

1 Like

Your current potential abilities makes you, in some people’s minds, above humanity (even the cyborgs.) Whether those that hold this belief are right or not is up to you.