SoS: The Mortal Coil (WIP)

What if we use our grace to save their minds? And what is the age equivalent fae years to human years? Cause will Daniel’s age and Raphael’s kids line up?

I don’t think the ages will line up, @TheOfficer.

Well can they at least meet each other? I want to protect Ramiel’s children no matter the cost.

2 Likes

Pretty sure those kids are mulch.

Ramiel is described as a Fallen in the RO descriptions. He wouldn’t be cast out of Heaven if the kids turned out fine, and narrative drama demands that the PC have a traumatic backstory. /s

13 Likes

Sorry, I’m pretty sure Ramiel’s children will die regardless of what you do.

Also, I’d say it’s possible that the backstory involving Ramiel’s children happens centuries if not millennia before Daniel is even born.

7 Likes

Will there ever be a chance for us to take Daniel to the fae village? I think it would be a learning moment for him, the lesson of course being chosen by the player.

Learning moment of what, exactly? :thinking: Also, don’t know if you’re aware of this, but iirc the village ends up, uh, very much not intact.

7 Likes

Take him to the ruins then.

I doubt it. Remember you’ll be mostly human after entering your flesh vessel. You won’t have access to Archangel powers.

2 Likes

Granted, when you get distracted by the flashbacks, it can be hard to keep track of the whys and wherefores behind the exposition. In this case, the fae village flashbacks exist for two purposes.

1. Establishing why Gabriel has a mark in their record for being “at risk”
  2. Showcasing who Ramiel is as a character, and deciding his initial relationship with Gabriel, as well as whether that changed over the course of the flashback

Above, and beyond this? The village doesn’t matter. As of now, the memories around it are just that–memories of the past–and it doesn’t matter in grand scope of the story’s present outside of giving answers to these two points listed.

27 Likes

@lokidemon007
The next time there is an update I will ask that the thread be reopened.

@Yulia
This game is primarily story driven. There will be fight scenes, but choosing your strength does not dictate the course of the story. It is a stat, and a part of your character’s renown. It will have an effect on success or failures at points in the story, based on the understanding of your character’s strengths and weaknesses and how others perceive them.

@TheOfficer

There will be various interactions available while watching over Ramiel’s kids, ranging from aloof, non-interference observation to hands-on assistance.

There is no standard equivalent. Fae do not all age the same, and time in ‘faerie’ can be running anywhere from faster to slower than earth time (for example: a day in faerie could equal a decade on earth, another time a century in faerie could be a month on earth).

As for the children, the flashback occurs millennia before Daniel exists. And since the portal to the village will no longer be available in present day. Lessons from your past may be relayed at Gabriel’s discretion, but flashbacks are more about your Gabriel.

The fae flashback is a tragedy; the outcome is known, but the events leading up to it are not. I can’t say too much for spoilers of things to come, however, details and interactions are important.

@Gabriel
There’s only three achievements currently available in the game; the fourth will be available at a later date.

1. I don’t want it!

To get this achievement, do not ask Daniel his name. You’ll get it at the end of the scene.

1. You found the chosen one?

You get this one automatically at the end of scene three.

1. Hidden Achievement

Did you really have to poke the bear?
To get this achievement, ask Sabriel a ‘clarifying’ question for items 1-8 on the form for the shell.

@The_Eski
The level of drama is left up to the player. You do not have to be bothered by Ramiel’s Fall, other than how it painted you as guilty by association.

@LadyUmbreon89
While I appreciate your point-of-view on the purpose of the fae flashback, I would kindly ask that people refrain from positing beliefs as facts. These are certainly two of the reasons for the fae flashback, but there are more than that. There are a myriad of purposes for each flashback, but I cannot and will not say them all because they are spoilers. Feel free to share what you think are my reasons for writing a scene, and what the scene does for you as a player. Questions, like ‘is scene intended to make me feel xxxx’ or feedback like ‘it’s difficult to tell I’m in a flashback; it would help if that page was clearer’ are encouraged.

47 Likes

I only just found this today and I’m obsessed! I cannot wait to read and play the whole thing! :heart:

7 Likes

Yeah, that’s weird. It’s like you hate aromantic people.

3 Likes

personally it feels odd if that is your only reason for disliking them. and i agree with what @Morphine said
it does give off a vibe that well, isnt friendly. that may not be the intent but it is the perception.

that one is a awesome name that i would always do at least once in the game if given the stick…blame
my interest on that from playing games like tin star. my answer is always do it once just to see, at least in games.

1 Like

I should have probably explained myself better.
I was reacting to a spasific post, about the overall. Think it was. Dispozission, of Fea? But, yeah, I can understand, with the little infermation I gave, how that could be taken the wrong way.

Welcome to the delightful madness!

3 Likes

I’m really excited for the continuation! Love it so far, good luck and don’t overwork yourself ^-^

5 Likes

So…I haven’t played this for a while and decided to revisit because I was on Tumblr and was curious about the update.

Did Lucifer give Gab the sex talk when picking a gender? If yes thats hilarious.

25 Likes

This WIP has me hooked! Can’t wait for an update and hope you’re doing well :slight_smile:

8 Likes

A mí me está gustando. Tener el rol como el de un hermano mayor para Daniel. Saludos desde México.

4 Likes