Skeletons Can't Press Charges [2 Chapters, 18k Words]

I mean is a perfectly valid innuendo i say stuff like that all time. Maybe I should not say my interpretation of other phrases lol

2 Likes

Who’s the childish one now? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::male_detective:

@trevers17
Thanks for the always great feedback!

Hehe. Tbh, Gus is my favorite character in Skeletons, and he gets 10x more Gussy as the story progresses.

I love being a snarky narrator. It helps that I have a snarky narrator in my own head. :shushing_face:

Shiving uncontrollably. Yikes, lol. That got darker just a hair quicker than intended.

2 Likes

You went darker and i went adult…lol Weird is no in a moment i thought it was a typo… :thinking: I am too much dirty mind

1 Like

Awwww, cute cat! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

You guys know I’m gonna spam you with pictures of Luna now, right? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I caught her stretching.

7 Likes

TMI Mara … addiction of any type should be treated :wink:

1 Like

Put Innuendos in your life and everything will be weirder and funnier :wink:

2 Likes

I’d consider it normal.

2 Likes

Oh yeah, SJ featured uses of nigga multiple times along with ghetto, snitch, homie, gangsta, all that kind of stuff because it fit the setting of da hood when we went there. I received much praise from fans about the fact the people of the game talked in a realistic way you would expect, especially in the criminal underworld, and COG have chosen to censor absolutely zero of it, telling me every last bit of content is completely fine with them, from the racism to the sex scenes. It seems people looking for a fighting game in the vein of GTA and Def Jam like it when they get exactly what you would expect in those games.

Street Jam was based on the great Def Jam series so I went that style and portrayed a literal video game world filled with true OG gangstas along with real slang like fam and talking reckless I know from my personal time out in da hood. I even went as far as to use ghetto as a stat, the ultimate way of paying homage to Def Jam with the multiple uses of it. The rappers mostly chose their own special names and they used ghetto in a lot of specials so it just goes to show you what slang from back then was like and how it has evolved into modern times.
So no worries about COG censoring it bro. But this situation is a little different. I think you won’t get any people hating as long as you advertise this is an adult realistic setting, as you may surprise some people who are expecting more fantasy and such rather than old rapper fighting game love. SJ received no hating because they got what was advertised and what the fans were looking for but with this one they may not see it coming.

Piece out.

10 Likes

Thanks for reminding me that I have to wait a couple of months to actually play this, (since I didn’t find it till after you submitted).

2 Likes

[I don’t usually comment on things, so pardon my lack of poise and grace lol Also, I don’t know if I quite count as black due to my half caucasian-half african American status! :slight_smile: ]

I like it so far! I haven’t read too many of the things you’ve put out, but from what I have this is starting out pretty good. I wasn’t too fond of the N-word being dropped so causally without warning but ya’know, now I’m prepared for the next time [if there is a next time].

[still, you’ve already probably been told this but…] I highly stress putting up a warning for the language that will be used. Even with SJ being a thing [kudos btw to Tevin for submission!], I still wouldn’t take the risk of free-ballin’ it with the language. Then again, you might be able to get away with it without anyone [fedora-tippers] getting upset.

ps. I very much like Gus and I’m gonna romance him super hard [and I’m also going to carry Luna around 24/7 in my heart. i will not be told not to jkjk]

5 Likes

That’s good to hear.

Idk, I just don’t think the story needs to be about ghetto thuggy gangsters (please notice my sarcasm) to justify the word “nigga” because it’s not a strictly gangsta word.

Do Europeans not listen to hip hop or watch like any Madea movies or anything of that nature?

Like when my black friend at work says to me, “My nigga,” I say, “What’s up, man,” not “please don’t shoot me.” Lol

4 Likes

I hate hit hop i see it as machst violent and with zero culture or somethingi could even related to in the slightly. Being 100% sincere and if a game is advertised with it I run in exactly opposite direcion. But it has it public. I think always you express clearly yto public what to expect they won’t be any issue as there is a public for everything. And it should part of market and it’s cool be part of Hosted catalogue.

I don’t enjoy most hip hop but that’s just not correct, lol. That’s like saying “Rock music is all about eating babies and worshipping satan.”

6 Likes

You have asked lol. that’s my unfiltered opinion I have no culture about it due all songs i hearď including something i damn see as really toxic against women and i don’t get the slang provbably the fact my bullies on high school heard it
continuously help my opinion against it so sorry not being neutral but is a totally vaĺid for of art

The use of the word is still sensitive even in the U.S. I think a content warning wouldn’t hurt. Since this game is text based, some people may not immediately pick up that the character in question using the word is Black (and it will mostly definitely occur - I consider myself a fairly studious reader, but even I missed the identity of the character using the word and had to double back). At least if they know beforehand to expect the characters to use that language and they understand that the game is based on a real-life culture, it won’t be as much of an issue.

(Take all that with a grain of salt. I don’t speak on behalf of the Black community.)

9 Likes

@ClamoribusRogamina
That definitely counts!

You being uncomfortable with it means more to me for sure. I will probably end up putting in some form of disclaimer.

5 Likes

@Samuel_H_Young I don’t know, but if they are missing out! lol

Anyway, there is more than enough justifications for your using of it, we all know that. Warning may help, but any protest of your right to use it is silly.

Lol sounds like my daily life as well. I can’t speak on behalf of all my black and Hispanic people as I am just one person, but I hope my data and thoughts help you out.

@poison_mara That’s a bit of a strong generalization…

@trevers17 this dude has the right idea!

2 Likes

You sure you’re not thinking of rap or reggae, cause hip hop is not something I link with any of that.
I’m from P.R. and growing up most who knew english whether they were from the hood or not, white or black use and are ok with the word.

1 Like

Yes it is. but i don’t like it not saying all is that way. I only saying my subjective opinion about it.Don’t ask me about reggeton. :wink: So sorry if i offended someone