Seven Kingdoms, The Princess Problem

To shift back on topic: has anyone tried solving the murder? I’m concerned stats aren’t high enough to pass checks

Hell yeah I have tried, gotten juicy info and found out how the dude really died but then my laptop overheated and I lost like… a lotta progress.

Nah I just got the servant acquitted never found the actual murderer.

It’s possible to solve the murder and find the real assassin, and it’s more of a gameplay thing (finding some secrets, unlocking some previous scenes) than skill (although, you’ll need to pass some checks too). It’s quite complicate to explain but there’s a guide for it here: http://piratepad.net/mbzCB5c3qb
It’s not an spoiler free guide, since it includes all week 4 scenes.

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 35800, in script
  File "game/script.rpy", line 35805, in <module>
NameError: name 'chickenend' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 35800, in script
  File "C:\Users\shawn_000\Downloads\SevenKingdoms_ThePrincessProblemExtendedDemo-pc\SevenKingdoms_ThePrincessProblemExtendedDemo-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1656, in execute
    if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
  File "C:\Users\shawn_000\Downloads\SevenKingdoms_ThePrincessProblemExtendedDemo-pc\SevenKingdoms_ThePrincessProblemExtendedDemo-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1725, in py_eval
    return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
  File "C:\Users\shawn_000\Downloads\SevenKingdoms_ThePrincessProblemExtendedDemo-pc\SevenKingdoms_ThePrincessProblemExtendedDemo-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1719, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "game/script.rpy", line 35805, in <module>
NameError: name 'chickenend' is not defined

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.12.2.2029
Seven Kingdoms- The Princess Problem Extended Demo 1.0

Happened right before the play could close, with everyone in laughter.

You should go to the official forums (link) and post your error there, it would be easier for Aly to notice it ^^

I found another error before, actually.

There was one every time the play was going to go wrong; every time I said something out of character when playing as the sweet lead. There was another when searching the servant’s room, many things to do with the letter in the box came up with a crash error. Warnings to all of you!

Thanks. Especially for the link you provided to it.

Is it possible to impress the matchmaker on the first try? I got so many fails :frowning:

No, she always hates you first time round.

Any tips on how to reduce the amount of fails? ><

Keep trying to raise your skills, the skill checks are the most important for passing the Matchmaker. Know that you can raise them by talking with people and doing good on their dates, so you don’t need to ignore everyone and concentrate in reading books. Also, the gifts you can receive by week 3 boost your skills 5 to 10 points, and you need to be friendly with a character for them to send you a gift; thus, the more you socialize, the more boosts you’ll get. Hosting an event doesn’t raise skills, it affects your approval (can also raise your relationship with certain characters I think); so you may pass on it to have more time for yourself.

Okay has anyone romanced Jarrod and actually liked him? I’m about to do another playthrough to get the achievement where everyone invites you to their own events and I’m dreading Jarrude’s date. Does he have any good qualities aside from being a crown prince in title??

@Kattz He’s not called Jarrude for nothing.

Me, an asshole who likes assholes:

Also, you know I’m half convinced that:

Tibarn from Tellius and Hamin from 7KPP are related. Same jokes! Same flirt! Pirate! Royalty!

Raphael from Princess Maker Faery Tales and Jasper from 7KPP are the same guy. Same hair! Same job! Same morality! Same clothes!

Thanks, Managed to pass by studying lots lol

Not that I can think of. Even if you manage to soften/influence him into being a better person, he’s still a giant ass.

Meanwhile, I’m here dying. Over Lyon.

His reaction when he gets the note saying you’re dead or whatever because of the sabotage thing on the theatrical is just LORDY THIS IS THE AWKWARD NERD SON WHO IS VERY IN LOVE WITH BUT CANT EVEN EXPRESS IT PROPERLY LIKE GODDANG SAME MAN WHO HAD TO RESEARCH ON HOW TO ROMANCE IS UPSET AND HOLDING MC VERY CLOSE AND I’M A BALL OF FEELINGS AND TEARS AND SOMEONE JUST FUCKING HOLD ME

Does anyone else play the Kickstarter backer-alpha? There’s things I need to talk about with someone who knows what I’m talking about.

Also, I’ve finished with Clarmont and Jasper; who should I pursue next? Ana, Gisette, Zarad, Hamin, Ria, Stranger Danger, or Lyon?

Can you not chat about it in the special alpha backer forum? I actually paid for a high enough tier to get the alpha tests, but haven’t actually bothered to sign up.

Formatting on the forum is weird to me and I don’t really enjoy looking at it.