Samurai of Hyuga Book 3 (Patreon/Early Access info on Post 1297!)

@pimenita Wasn’t it pirates who ravaged Genfu, after the samurais moved out ? isn’t that why the MC hates samurais so much, even sensei used to call the MC the offspring of a pirate’s whore

6 Likes

So they are not the same? Uh. Thanks for the heads up :slight_smile:

1 Like

Definitely was a child of rape. A pirate raped the mother of the MC which is a very touchy subject for the MC him/herself. Even nearly snapped at Toshie for trying to imply it but the kid pretty much put Toshie in her place at the Baron’s island. Jun/ko was also implied to have been sexually abused by their father too.

4 Likes

I’ll find a way to save and protect you Junko! :sob:

But yes, this is also what I had assumed considering what I remember. I kinda wanna wait till Book 4 till I replay the whole series. :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Gosh, someone please confirm me what the MC meant by the orphanage scene.
The thought of cannibalism (@Sneaks @iMadeYouReadThis) is just too much for me. It really disgusted me out for a good portion of time, so much that I almost decided to abandon the book and my MC.
I thought that the orphanage scene simply meant that the MC killed all the older children because they took away all the food, not…

If that is what you call a downer, im terrified to see your version of a tragedy.

8 Likes

Hmmm, another question…
If the sensei that the MC fought in Book 3 was just an illusion projected from the MC memories, how would he know the answers to her questions (i.e. Jun being sexually harassed as a kid) if the MC doesn’t know them herself?
Or does that mean that the MC already knew the answers but refuses to acknowledge them.

@michellexylee it’s even worse, if we’re talking about the kitsune scene it’s implied that the MC used to eat dead orphans.
Also iirc the kitsune had mind reading abilities, so he could’ve just skimmed through the ronin’s memories

5 Likes

please tell me I’m not the only one grossed out by this… gosh!

It disturbs me a bit…yes… Ever since Book One , the author did mention gore and violence so it slightly dampen the blow. ^^; I am just glad that it was not too graphic.

2 Likes

Errr, nope. I was very disturbed by it as well.
I knew that there was gore and violence involved, but I didn’t expect the novel to turn “Hannibal (the cannibal)” all of a sudden.

1 Like

I don’t understand why Tosh and Masa refused to tell MC the truth after MC lost her memory. Anyone?

I think they think it was for the best. I kind of expect this situation to crop up in this kind of situations. This also happens in all the books and manga I read, in the movies I have seen so I was not annoyed too much. XD

P.S. Please don’t double or triple post. You could reply to multiple people by using @ plus the username of the one you want to reply to. The system might consider it a spam and might closed this thread for a while. =) Also you could edit your post if you want to add something until some else post after yours.

2 Likes

Probably because MC happier and smiling more thanks to the lost bad memories. Though, imo, it’s pretty stupid considering we got hungry wolf from the past who chase us :unamused:

9 Likes

I have a quote that sum this all up:

The trouble is, humans do have a knack of choosing precisely those things that are worst for them. -J.K. Rowling

To be fair, even the wises one (Dumbledore) kept secrets so I wouldn’t get past Toshi makes the same decision. Really selfish but it goes to show that the characters do commit mistakes which I love seeing in CoGs/HGs. :smiley:

6 Likes

That’s the implication I’m afraid. Needs must when the devil drives…

2 Likes

Wow that was in there? I haven’t read the first book in a very long time.

It was in book 3… You either get to know this or the stuff about Jun/ko…

1 Like

Oh I think i got Jun

@MultipleChoice
Have you ever been to japan? Just wanted to know.