Samurai of Hyuga Book 2

I hope there is much more to come. More romance! More sexy times! More drama! Somewhere along the way I’m hoping it turns half daytime soap opera, and half shakespearean comedy, where the main character has to cross dress for a disguise, gets amnesia, becomes a handmaiden/manservant to the emperor, falls in love with someone in the party who falls in love with the main character’s identical twin no one knew about who in turn falls in love with Hatch who some how falls in love with and has an affair with the emperor who in doing so realises their true feelings for their handmaiden/manservent who, surprise! is the crossdressed main character who faints when the emperor confesses their feelings, bumps their head, regains their memory and reveals their true identity/gender, then manages to sort everything out in 5 mins with a good speech and a dance number.

8 Likes

Toshio is a man on the mission, he has no time for romance :smile:
Although you actually get to interact with him quite a lot in this one. And there are some hints here and there, some moments between him and the MC… I’d say, the foundation for their relationship is built, but really, you should play yourself and draw your own conclusions, mate. I don’t want to spoil it for you.

I myself am not even sure he’ll be romanceable in Book 3 considering his disapproval of any sort of distractions from the main goal.

Toshio is my fav so far for sexy times/romance options. His personality is the most attractive to me out of the party. Hatch is a bit too puppy doggy but he would be my second choice.

Although I could stand him if it were a threeway with Toshio to balance him out. lol.

6 Likes

Sorry but your wrong. I stand by what I said before. Momoko is not a person I slept with. If I had I’d have had 3 scenes where I “slept” with someone. Tired of people calling me a liar.

1 Like

Do you mean in chapter 1? I don’t remember any sex scenes in that. You fight Jun/ko in front of masami/masashi and have a moment of weakness over your past together then he/she cuts your belly open, but I didn’t think you went any further than briefly wrestling semi-sexily during the fight and possibly kissing their neck depending on what choices you made, otherwise I think masami/masashi would have mentioned it later.

Which choices did you make to sleep with them?

I love the writing and set up. Thank you for the hard work on this work! Can’t wait for the next book. :slight_smile:

i had assumed it was essentially some sort of weird healing magic they’d been keeping just in case? since we know masami/shi can write spells beforehand and then keep them on hand for when they’re necessary, but it seems like it would have had to be really advanced magic to recover from a mortal wound. :no_mouth:

I do hope Toshio will be romanceable in book 3.

I agree with you that the relationship between Toshio and the MC in this one has developed properly and more in character for both parties. IMO, Toshio is not the type to fall in love on first sight after all. I somewhat understand why the author did it this way. XD

Now I can’t wait for Book 3. The wait is killing me… I really need to finish my backlogs. Hahaha

6 Likes

@Eiwynn
I don’t think I ever called you a liar. I also don’t think the scene where Jun cuts the MC open can be considered a sex scene. And since it is impossible to quote something hidden behind a spoiler, I will refer you to reply 36 of this thread, where the fact that there are only two romances is stated by the author.

@Zakkarian
You put some strange imagery in my head :smile:

I still have this odd relationship with Toshio where I really want to like him, but he kinda makes it difficult for me? Кeeps saying things that just rub me the wrong way. And he either does it on purpose, or his social skills are ridiculously weak for an undercover agent (which is not a bad theory seeng as his idea of romance involves spiking people’s food with aphrodisiac).
He is disappointed the MC didn’t trust him enough to tell him about the General, he wants our ronin to talk to him about Jun, justification for murder and other personal things, yet I constantly feel that he doesn’t trust us in return. He dodges the question about his well-being in Chapter 2, he is smiling after provoking an outburst of anger from the ronin during the second shogi match, and his comment about Momoko being a distraction is yet another clear provocation to test the MC. Constantly watching, evaluating and analyzing our every move. What trust could we even speak of here.
Whenever I interact with Toshio I feel somehow manipulated, and that’s not a plesant feeling. He is a brilliantly written character, though, I’ll give him that, just not my type when it comes to romance.
And Hatch… I love Hatch. Hatch is a bro. He’s like Dandelion to my Geralt, if you know what I mean :grin:

@resuri08
Oh, I’m really exited for Book 3. Loved the interactions with the party in this one and though Toshio is not my favourite of them all, the prospect of a romance subplot between him and the MC intrigues me.
Working on a pretty challenging piece of fan art right now, the things this game does to me <3

7 Likes

It would have been interesting if we actually could have the Baron make us forget Junko (that would have made our impending reunion pretty awkward). I don’t understand why the MC couldn’t just refuse Sadao’s demand for a Shogi rematch, he’she owed them nothing.

Granted losing certain memories is probably a bad idea so I refused it in my main playthrough but was really curious to try it out in my alternate playthrough. I lost attunement for nothing and the whole ordeal felt like an illusion of choice. But it was probably necessary story-wise anyway, I just hate how Sadao forcibly takes up the Baron’s offer despite him losing to the MC.

Also I will not let Junko think she owns me, all I want to do is kill her or find some way to get back at her.

4 Likes

@MultipleChoice, man. It took me longer than I’d hoped to actually find the time to sit down and do a proper playthrough of the game. I just finished it. It was a fun ride, but I’ve got a few comments, requests, and a potential continuity error to report.

I’ll start off with the request since it’s just the one. I didn’t have the opportunity up until now in Book 2 to specify that my male MC not only had a preference towards men, but literally had no interest in women whatsoever. Please, please, please track that choice. I couldn’t help but roll my eyes each and every time my gay MC was apparently enthralled by Momoko’s larger-than-average, wondrous breasts and how they leave him breathless with how her kimono frames them. Yes, he is perverted, but I can assure you he’d be pretty indifferent to her assets. Hatch’s assets however… Well, that might make my fella a li’l distracted. :wink: (I’m sincerely hoping I can romance him later on, not gonna lie.)

[details=Comments time! I’ll hide this under a details tab for those that haven’t played yet. If you haven’t, don’t click it. I’m serious. Shame on you if you do.]

• Jun. Don’t get me wrong, I love where the storyline with Jun is going, but… there were a few circumstances where I found myself struggling to make a choice. In this case, I’m going to refer to the bath scene in the Baron’s estate. My MC is perverted. Logically, since I’m trying to keep him attuned with his spirit, I’ve been trying to make choices that fit. If I didn’t pick the option to fantasize (about Jun specifically ugh), he most likely would’ve lost attunement with his spirit. The dilemma I faced was that I don’t want my MC to be so obsessed with Jun. Why does he have to fantasize about Jun specifically? Sure, the naughty thoughts wormed in, but why can’t he deflect it and focus on someone else instead? It feels a bit too railroaded for my liking. This MC of mine is not going back with Jun. Ever. I won’t allow it if I have the choice.
  • The ending. I’m finding myself dissatisfied. No, I’m not dissatisfied 'cause it’s a cliffhanger, but mostly because I’ve been under the assumption that each book would result in the resolution of one spirit/demon. It doesn’t happen in Book 2. Now I honestly don’t know what to expect from Book 3. Two spirits in one Book? Just the resolution of the game the kitsunes are playing? It’s throwing me off-kilter, and I can’t say I like that.[/details]

[details=Potential bugs/continuity errors!]

• The kitsune. My MC was able to enter the spirit realm (or a close approximation of it at least) and was able to spot that the white cat was actually, in fact, a kitsune. If my MC was slowly regaining his senses, which is made indicative with his stats renaming themselves back to what they should be, why isn’t he regarding the cat with suspicion during his talk with the chef?

• The memory of my MC rejecting Momoko when Hatch strapped himself into the device. I’m not sure if the scene was meant to play out 100% identical to the choices I made when talking to Momoko, but it didn’t. All of the choices lined up except when it came to how I refused Momoko. My MC turned her down by selecting the option that essentially summed up to “I’m flattered, but I’m very gay. Sorry.” The recollection itself had my MC telling her that his “heart belonged to another.” That isn’t what I selected. Hatch then went on to be super angry at my turning her down, but… my guy’s gay. He won’t ever feel anything for her beyond friendship. He shouldn’t be confused at all as to why he’d turn her down. This is why I can’t tell if it’s a bug or not. It could just be a trick by the kitsune, but it might as well just have had my guy say he planned to elope with her instead. I’m just confused.[/details]

7 Likes

Hot damn, I finished that in record time! Though… kinda wish I hadn’t… I love this series so much already, and there’s only two installments! I’ve made my sweet Kuriko a Lady of War trope. She’s Charming, Calculated, Chivalrous, Protective, and far from lacking in Finesse. I’m so proud of my little, self-loathing ronin~!

Ah, although, I’m really worried about Hatch now! I know, just KNOW he didn’t carve up the chef (still REALLY uncomfortable in the kimono Kuriko’s wearing right now, nice job), and that XXXX is gonna go down right at the start of Book 3. But how will I sleep knowing poor Hatch is on death row at the command of that flirty kitsune?! Poor baby… also, poor Toshi! Sweet darling has to suffer these trials. PC’s the one running around carving up demons! I just wanna give the poor dear a big hug.

Ah, this was definitely a good game. Even if I broke poor Momoko’s fingers. I’m sorry, Momoko! Well, at least she’s protagonist-sexual, so she doesn’t hate me for it. Oh, Momoko. I’ll miss you, my friend. Hatch? We still bros?

Agreed! Oh gawds, SO much agreement! Yandere characters are usually my bread and butter, but Masa-chan’s brought out ALL of my protective instincts! That may not be a reason for you wanting vengeance against Junko, but I do still agree with you. Since, I’d assume, Jun(ko)'s madness is irreversible, I want them dead so Masa-chan can be safe and PC can move on… preferably to be with one of their companions. :heart_eyes:

Well… I DO like mystery games. Ah, but, are the romances going to be coming into the game one a pinch at a time? It makes sense, since there’s already so much going on. But really? The Baron is an actual romance subplot in this book? That dang kitsune can keep it’s gross, dog genitalia away from my PC! …I’m actually quite amused at how damn close I came to actually going down that romantic path. But, then Masashi would just take even greater pleasure in calling me a hypocrite after chiding him for his concern for the Baron. Even more importantly, now I’m REALLY curious about Sakiko-san! I already knew I was wearing a dead woman’s kimono, but her real husband?! Aaaaaargh, this is so wrong! I’m so conflicted! I want my Kuriko to look as nice as she really is, but I also don’t want her wearing a dead woman’s kimono especially considering the strange circumstances behind her passing! Woah, look at that big blur! :grinning:

1 Like

Looking fabulous justifies nearly everything. Even wearing a dead person’s clothes , after all, it’s not as if she would have much use for it anymore…Better make good use of it.

5 Likes

It usually does, doesn’t it?
Though male characters have it better here in that they get the Baron’s own clothes, which is a lot more exiting.

1 Like

And it also means not wearing the clothes of a dead woman, who may or may not have suffered at the hands/paws of a demon trying to bed the PC. Still just… SO conflicted about it!

Eeeeh… but…

Yeah, it does.

2 Likes

That amuses me since my character was made the same way lol

1 Like

It’s a good combination! You can cut ass up, as easily as you can talk yours out.

1 Like

I liked that combo a lot myself, I wanted to avoid violence if I could…there is enough blood on my hands :disappointed: