Samurai of Hyuga Book 2

@luifalcone, @Zakkarian and any others who question the nature of Jun/ko carving their name as being non-sexual in nature:

[spoiler]
Perhaps I am jaded and have witnessed too much during my life. When a person capitulates themselves as is seen in that scene to the point where a sadistic monster scars that person with an ownership brand, sex is indeed part of the equation. Jun/ko is not only claiming the MC is obedient in following orders but in every other aspect of her/his life and his/her brand on the body of his/her possession is more than just cruel

The very fact that the MC refers to this branding during later ā€œromanticā€ scenes is further proof that this submission had sexual consequences and was seen as such by the MC. @MultipleChoice doesnā€™t have to state explicitly that Jun/ko is a or isnā€™t a romantic option ā€¦ the scene wasnā€™t meant for romance. It was meant to (re)establish a dominance-submissive relation (in every sense of the word including sexual) between Jun/ko and the MC.

There are multiple references to this long-standing sexual-in-nature relationship between Jun/ko and the MC throughout both One and Two. Stating that this scene was non-sexual is just plain a wrong interpretation. [/spoiler]

9 Likes

Wellā€¦ Iā€™m not questioning that. Itā€™s just the term ā€œromance optionā€ usually means that you have an option to enter into a romantic relationship with someone. And seeing as the Jun/ko scene is not optional, I figured that it wouldnā€™t be wrong to say that there are two ROā€™s in the second book.

And though I still think Iā€™m not wrong, I donā€™t see any point in debating it further as thatā€™s a non-issue for me.

1 Like

To me, I think that things can be related to sex without being a sex scene. I was strictly speaking about sex scenes, which to me I define as actually having sex, not just sexual tension or associations. Generally I wouldnā€™t say that mutilation or branding someone is a sex act, even if it might have a sexual association in this case.

I do not think it is wrong to say there are only two people in book 2 you have sex with, since you can have actual physical sex with them. Sword + Belly to me just doesnā€™t count as having sex with someone. That is simply my view, and we have different opinions.

1 Like

Just finished! Despite everyone complaining about Momoko and railroading, I loved it. I loved the Shogi parts, and just about every interaction with Masami/shi. (MasamixRonin FTW xD) I did feel that it was wayy too short, and ended very abruptly. And I wanted a little more romance in this installment. But other than that, it was great. I canā€™t wait for Book 3!

4 Likes

I liked Momoko romance, wanted to romance her since the first book.
Toshie is annoying, yandere is not something I enjoy and Masami is like a little sister to my ronin.

I think my poor guy was sobbing a little on the inside each time Momoko started getting close to him. :joy: Heā€™s not oblivious to her affection, but he justā€¦ canā€™t return it. It was a long time coming when he was finally able to sit down with her and say ā€œI like men. Only men.ā€ Not gonna lie, part of the reason why I let her return to Jijinto was so I could give my guy a better chance with Hatch. I love the guy, and so does my MC. He just hasnā€™t come to terms with it yet.

Me @ my MC: ā€œThat pang you felt in your chest was jealousy, my dear ronin. It means you like him. :yum:ā€

5 Likes

I had to let Momoko go, because of you donā€™t you lose attunement and she leaves anyway :confused:

Funny I let her go because I love her :broken_heart: I am glad to hear though that there was an option to say that you werenā€™t interested because you only like men, I know that having such an option in Guenevere meant a lot to me. I hope she was understanding about it like Arthur was for me :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh, she was. She was also sad but so was my guy. Itā€™s never easy to turn someone down whoā€™s in love with you, especially if you just arenā€™t interested in their gender. :cry: She even asked if my fella would still accept her as a friend. It was very sweet.

3 Likes

Iā€™m glad to hear that, Itā€™s sad when people take it personally when its anything but personal. I have a rl friend that when we met he wanted to be with me and had so much trouble understanding the ā€˜I canā€™t return those feelingsā€™ conversation, hell if he were a girl Iā€™d have said yes in a heartbeat!

2 Likes

I really enjoy this game. I like you can attack someone with blood and violence. You can be brutal if you want like I was. One moment I was sword fighting like a ninja, then I was in a hot steamy moment the progressives to romance. You donā€™t see that in many games. That was special

More romances.

Iā€™'d like see future books where romancing and that kinda gore is in more of the games. I like it. Whoever wrote that. Keep doing that but more riskier if you can with dislodge and romance.

But good buy worth the funds. I just wanted to say that.

2 Likes

Iā€™m new to the board but I really wanted to post how much I enjoyed both this game/book and of course the first installment. I really want to commend the author on their writing style - itā€™s superbly engaging to read, the characters and our MCā€™s interactions with them seem realistic, and I love sardonic humour too much not to heap praise on this series so far.

If the author published any novels with the same wit and style, I wouldnā€™t be opposed to forking over more money. Definitely looking forward to the rest of the series and where it all goes.

2 Likes

ā€¦did it hurt less to tell her you werenā€™t interested in women? I couldnā€™t bring myself to do it and I felt like I was back in Jijinto, Jun grinning down at me, carving his name into me againā€¦ except, yā€™know, through my sternum and into one chamber of my heart after the other.

[Insert Comforting Hug.] I made her less violent because I like defying genre guidelines. Also because I like Ruroni Kenshin, even though Iā€™ve only read the first bookā€¦ and because I like fireflies.

1 Like

I didnā€™t read it, but I saw the anime and I loved it, also loved the opening these for it! I had the firefly spirit animal :slight_smile:

Oh! Random question, what hairstyle did you choose? Do you remember? I gave Kuriko the Shrine Maiden haircut because, in spite of her past, she is my sweet sinnamon roll and I want to protect her just as much as Masa-chan does.

So did I, one of the shrine guards made a comment about be looking like their sister :laughing:

I liked that too. Made me feel she was a little more pure. That coupled with the pretty, pale kimono she is now wearingā€¦ oh, did you get that? Sakikoā€™s kimono?

Random jumping in the conversation! xD I gave both my characters (the guy and the girl) a ponytail. Easier to do on the road xD Also, my spirit animal is the Akita Inu :wolf::grin: Also, Iā€™m a little creeped out by the MC wearing the dead womanā€™s kimono D:

1 Like

Aww~ Can I give you spirit animal some hugs? Aaargh! I know! Butā€¦ fashion mandates that I have to. It also makes my character look a little more innocent. She may be dirty, but she isnā€™t broken. Just a little more polishing over the course of the books and sheā€™ll be the perfect bride for Masa-chan!