Samurai of Hyuga Book 2

Yesh! Puppy hugs! :grin:/ Ik, ik! I originally gave my character that long on one side short on the other look, but I kept picturing it like an emo look, so I changed it. Besides, the reason I originally went with it was because Masami liked it xD Ronin likes to makes her happy. Hah, mine is a secret romantic, but won’t admit it. I kinda feel like my ronin feels bad about loving Masami, so denial xD

2 Likes

Hi there! I wanted to say that everything was amazing! For me the second book was more about characters and their development! And I loved that! I just wanna say that I wish you best…! and please continue with your amazing art! masterpiece! I also wanted to ask you, when do you think you will finish? And is Junko romance possible? I just fell in love with their relationship!

1 Like

It was the opposite for me: I despised Junko and hope to get to kill her eventually. Hooking up with her in the past is quite possibly the biggest non-determinant mistake my ronin has ever made.

2 Likes

I guess Jun/ko is one of those characters you either love or hate. I myself wouldn’t romance Jun in my main playthrough given the option, but damn he fascinates me. Everything about the MC’s past does.
Like, did Jun and MC know each other before becoming Gensai’s students? How did they become his students in the first place? When did their relationship start? Were they keeping it a secret? Will we even learn about the events leading up to Gensai’s death? Hell, I’m getting desperate for information too soon here…

10 Likes

ok having played this through several times (i now have two ronin who are basically opposites so i could find our all the options fml) the ronin does say they knew jun/ko from the orphanage before their teacher and they used to play together by having silly swordfights with goofy attack names that they’d shout out like they were in the hunter x hunter universe.

which is a bit weird considering the ronin also mentions as a random line they were only friends for a short while before they became lovers, but it doesnt give a timescale for anything.

3 Likes

You mean the “we had skipped friendship altogether” line? Yeah, that is a bit strange. But then again, the ronin does not throw the term “friendship” around lightly. And if s/he and Jun/ko are actually from the same orphanage, they might as well have started off as enemies. The MC often mentions that life there was a constant fight for survival and kids would steal from each other and get into fights. Hence his/er inability to sleep in the same room with other people.
Huh. Kinda makes me think of rivalmance paths from Dragon Age 2.

3 Likes

Makes you wonder if Jun/ko was always at least a little twisted? Maybe, something about the MC really drew them in, but since they didn’t have time for actual love it just… escalated. Considering they never knew which meal could be their last, or if they’d wake up the next morning, I can’t see these kids moving too slowly.

4 Likes

Oh there is NO doubt in my mind that Jun/ko is twisted…I mean you’re looking at someone who is unstable with no remorse and an obsessive and possessive way of looking at love , this story is definitely a great reminder for me to not get back together with one of my ex girlfriends :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Yeah, I do think Jun/ko was always a little twisted. And don’t think there ever was anything else to her/is relationship with the MC besides plain lust and desire to have complete control over another human being ("Love is a fight for control, the best kind. And I’m on top. As always.”). At least, I can’t remember any scene or phrase that could have suggested otherwise.
It is also interesting to note that, apparently, it was the MC who initiated the relationship. That I do not know what to think of.

3 Likes

Yeah, but I mean even as a kid.I mean… [quote=“Acky, post:188, topic:20494”]
ronin does say they knew jun/ko from the orphanage before their teacher and they used to play together by having silly swordfights with goofy attack names that they’d shout out
[/quote]
So if they always knew Jun/ko, and they “skipped friendship altogether”, doesn’t that make you wonder if Jun/ko was going to be some manner of unstable? Even WITHOUT the Jigoku Itto Ryu? I can’t give any definitive evidence right now since we’re still so early into the story.

@luifalcone Wait, huh? I never got that information. Rats! Did the MC give any particular detail about the beginnings of their sexual relationship? Also, sadly, I can understand why Jun/ko would have a desire for have complete control over another human being… considering their living circumstances as a child.

1 Like

I’ll repeat what I said before: There are multiple references to this long-standing sexual-in-nature relationship between Jun/ko and the MC throughout both One and Two.

Pretending there was nothing “else” to the relationship than lust and a desire for complete control ignores the simple truth.

Also, turning the victim into the criminal is disgusting to me; something I see a danger of happening within this thread.

This discussion reminds me of the fan discussion I saw for the “Amnesia: Memories” ending where the MC lives out her life as caged property of her “lover”. Hopefully this story will allow for greater healing paths and successful relational paths for the MC then Amnesia allowed in the end for those choosing to explore that path - but I have my doubts.

2 Likes

Ah… what I’m referring to here is this episode:

Jun grinned from one ear to the other. He no longer tried to mimic a child’s tone. “Since when did you become the romantic type? I don’t remember you giving me flowers before you tossed me into bed, bent me over and…” For the kid’s sake and my own, I was thankful to be spared any more details. “…well, you get picture.”

Maybe I’m reading to much into it, but it does sound like the MC is the initiator here, no? The scene also plays similarly if the MC is female.

Well, damn… I didn’t get that. Which option lead to that being said? Was it the one where you say you could only ever love Jun/ko?

Yep, pick “I could only ever love you, Jun”, then "…not the kind of love we shared”. There are many bits of interesting information hidden behind unpopular dialogue options :slight_smile:

1 Like

Duly noted! I don’t know why I didn’t… those options didn’t really seem to affect anything… at least, not negatively.

No matter what you say you’re going to get cut up, the options are just there to get into your character

1 Like

I would really like to play some scene of the past. Maybe in the orphanage and how both of them met each other and their master. Because like mentioned before the kids of the orphanage would fight and steal from each other for survival. But maybe Jun/Junko and the MC started to work together there so they could secure their survival. And maybe good old master didn’t intend to take both of them as an apprentice for his technique and one of them followed the other into this cursed path.

[spoiler]In my view of the MC he/she feels guilty for Juns/Junkos state. And this connection that they have can’t be separated in my opinion. Whatever it was just pure lust for the body or something more.

And due to the fact that my MC can’t love anyone because of his/her past (deems himself/herself unworthy of such happiness) I will hope for an option for the MC to save Jun/Junko from his/her madness. Even if it means to die for it. Because when I chose that my MC would save more people than he/she has killed I can’t bring myself to believe a character like this wouldn’t try to save his/her only “childhoodfriend”, fellow student and “lover”.

Although MC has feelings for Masashi/Masami but more on a level like a father/mother. If the lillte one doesn’t make a move on my MC I guess it will stay like that and he/she will probably die with Jun/Junko if the MC is unable to save him/her. To end the legacy of their cursed swordtechnique and to find peace of mind.[/spoiler]

18 Likes

Which is why you should always play with the ChoiceScript source open in another window/tab :smile: (That, and I also like to cheat by seeing the consequences before making a choice.)

1 Like

Ha! That’s what I do! I play through once or twice on my own, then play through with the source open. Occasionally I rewrite bits of the games or change the rewards/stat changes you get for choices as a bit of a cheat (usually any game that has money, I like having a super rich character).

Sometimes I do really petty things like adding “I’m a douche bag!” to the end of every bit of dialogue for a character I hate. So much fun.

Sounds more fun than spamming restart button like a goddamn caveman. I know you can download ChoiceScript from the main page, but how can you access other people’s games in it? For science, of course.

3 Likes