Samurai of Hyuga Book 2

For science! (You can’t access others games through the download link for ChoiceScript itself, that’s just the barebone mechanism behind it. You can see the code of games others made though.)

4 Likes

The code, yes, that’s what I meant. Much obliged :grin:

Science time~

2 Likes

If you are on a mac using steam, you can navigate to the game (show in finder), right click, “Show Package Contents” then contents>resources>deploy>scenes then you can open any of the chapters in a basic text editor. Open the TXT files to view, and the json files to edit the game. If you find something in the game you want to edit while playing you find the same lines in the json file edit them, then close and open the game for the changes. You have to do it before the code fires, so before you make the choice that would use that code you are editing.

On a PC I think you have to extract the game first from the exe, then its pretty much the same thing, but if you want to make changes you have to run the extracted copy through a browser like firefox, not the original game through steam, since you cannot alter the original on a pc without a lot of fuss.

EDIT: That is for Steam, if on google chrome on a mac you just navigate to the app’s folder in library (might be hidden folder) >application support>google>chrome>default>extensions> then find the folder that has the game, then it is the same as above just find the scenes folder. I’m not sure for google chrome on a pc.

If you want to edit things

If you want to edit things, not just look at the outcome of choices, you have to be careful. You can easily break the game if you don’t know what you are doing, for example the game might rely on a check of a skill between 10 and 20 (something like “if skill > 10 and < 20”), since at that point in the game the max skill you could get would be under 20, and you put your starting skill in startup to 50 you are going to break things, unless you change the skill check to equal or greater than 10. Usually if a game is coded well then they don’t put upper limits on things so its harder to break, but keep in mind what you are editing, and how you are editing things. And don’t add extra code lines, so if a choice doesn’t have any reward/stat change and you add one, you will break things. You can however just change rewards/stat changes that already exist. It is easier to do all your stat changes in the startup file and opening prologue/chapter 1 since they usually set things up quickly. I usually change the default names list so my name that I want to use is the first choice, and I don’t have to re enter my name each time I restart.

3 Likes

To be fair,

The level that the character is “sexualized” to me seems proportional to the amount of choices you make in the game that increase the perverted level of your character. So I feel in that case the narrative is reacting to the player’s choices.

Again, though, even if you play a chivalrous character she’s very sexualized. It would be one thing if she was described like this if you made perverted choices, but my character was not perverted at all and would never look at a person like that.

15 Likes

Whoa… I owe you a virtual beer or something, thank you for writing this, it must have taken some time :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ok, new theory. She, (Momoko), is a succubus/appropriately japanese themed demon thing along the same lines, but is much weaker than the gold demon lady, and she was just tired of working for her and got us to do her boss in. She “somehow” managed to break free of the mind control and “somehow” managed to find us at just the right time wearing a super skimpy outfit (if I remember correctly). So maybe she lost most of her power, and all she can do is make people around her think of her in a sexy way? And emotionally manipulate people for her own gain and protection. Like pretending she was trying to kill herself, and making Hatch fall in love with her quickly. (We also physically hurt her a few times but she seems unfazed/heals very quickly). But she tries to seduce the main character for protection, and ends up leaving because no matter what happens she doesn’t have full control over the main character and know it is too dangerous for them (as a demon) to stick around.

Although it has been a while now since I have played it, so my memory may be pretty fuzzy on the details.

4 Likes

Man I loved it so much! Just as great as the first one if not better! However is there anyway to romance Toshie or is that gonna be in Book 3?

It was confirmed that Toshio/Toshie is not yet romanceable. I’m hoping he/she will be romanceable on Book 3. 。^‿^。

2 Likes

That cliffhanger at the end though…

2 Likes

I’m beginning to think that all installments save for the finale will end in a cliffhanger.

Book 1: Masami in danger
Book 2: Hatch in danger
Book 3: Toshie in danger?

7 Likes

Well I can’t get all that worked up about Hatch being in danger, I mean he does kind of want to murder me for making love to Momoko… [sigh] I told him she was a lesbian, not sure how he thinks this is my fault!

7 Likes

Book 3: Toshio’s chastity in danger?[/perverted MC]

12 Likes

Hatch gets upset even if you reject her. So I’m thinking this is more about envy than jealousy.

8 Likes

What a jerk! I tried to get their date to go well since I thought she wanted him over me :cry:

He is… not a bad person, really. And I don’t think he would ever hurt the MC, no matter what the reason. He reacts to things in a very emotional manner, yes, but he cools down just as easily. I know the type… kind, idealistic, stupid, has a strong sence of justice, a great conscience and often gets the short end of the stick. Even more often overshadoved by a more successful best friend. Sidekick type. Also… not the type to hold a grudge.
The fact that he feels envious of the MC who got what he had wanted so badly with no effort whatsoever doesn’t surprise me. I just hope he’d be okay.

13 Likes

So I bought this on Steam but since if I’m on my PC I have other things distracting, is there a way to activate it on my CoG account? I’d read it on my phone or work PC (since I can’t install steam on it)

You need to send CoG an email with the receipt, they will unlock the site version.

hahahaha yeah I guess it’s either love it hate… it would be awesome having an option to fuck of be fuck of even kill jun/ko… I would love to see what will it be… Guess we’re waiting… then.

I don’t even make love wwith Momoko and he still try to kill me…