Samurai of Hyuga Book 2

I created account just to say that this was astonishing artwork looking forward for your works :slight_smile: thx for quality time you given for me:)

1 Like

You think weā€™ll ever meet any other ronin with their own shady past and secret sword school and radically different ideals from the MC in future books?

There can be only one :smiling_imp:

Nah, I personally think there is enough ronin with Jun/ko and the MCā€¦ it would be interesting to meet another shugenja though. One that is very different from Masashi/mi.

9 Likes

So does that mean weā€™ll find a shunenja that actually listens and doesnā€™t give any lip. Watch out Masami! if this one pays better than youā€¦:wink::v:. Jk, if that happens Toshie would kill me because than Iā€™ll be screwing up the mission, when the only screwing my mc wants to do with her isā€¦ (come on my ronin is pervertedā€‹:laughing::sweat_smile:).

5 Likes

Genji, my ronin, is chivalrous, charming, stoic, protective, and fights for honor! Yet heā€™s more interest in the shunenja than the sexy doctor. (Look man, I just wanted to help Hatch, not get in his ladyā€™s pants! Also Toshie is backup.)

1 Like

You want to romance Masami?

Yep. She and the Ronin have such good chemistry together. Also we donā€™t know her offical age.

2 Likes

I sense another debate coming through the forceā€¦

I wonder what Hyugan customs are in that regardā€¦ in any case the age gap is probably at least 10 years if not more. I mean both the MC and Masami both look older than I imagined they would on the cover for Book 1.

Masami is probably between 14-17 though could conceivably be 18 if the age gap between them and the MC is signifigent enough for the MC to still refer to them as a ā€˜kidā€™.

Personally I picture her as between 15-16 while my MC could be as old as 30 (Iā€™m leaning more towards 25 in headcanon) so I see it more as a Rin and Manji situation (Blade of the Immortal) that favours a sibling dynamic with some possible romantic undertones mainly played for laughs.

Or maybe Iā€™m just dead-set towards a tragedyā€¦ Redemption Equals Death for my MC.

In my mindset my MC devotes their entire existence to protecting Masami at all costs, in that regard he doesnā€™t see her as his equal and doesnā€™t trust her use powers openly, preferring to take all responsibility himself. With that attitude its unlikely for either to develop romantic feelings towards each other.

On a unrelated note, weā€™ve seen a Yandere (Junk), a Tsundere (Toshie and Masami?) but you think weā€™ll ever come across a Kuudere?

4 Likes

perhaps we will, perhaps

Hyugan customs seem pretty much the same as Japanese customs of Edo period. And age gap was never a big problem in any country during medieval times.

I think the woman on the cover art is meant to be Toshie. In the first chapter she is described wearing a lot of makeup and a golden hairpiece. But then again, this is the only similarity with any of the female characters that I can find, soā€¦ cover art may not even be meant to depict anyone.

Iā€™m not an expert on -dere types, but isnā€™t Toshio/e a kuudere? Those are quiet, stoic ones, yes?

5 Likes

Yup think Raven from teen titans XD. Cold on the outside and a big softie on the inside :slight_smile:

May I say that I love the reference to The Battle of Shiroyama? Iā€™d love is if we got a scenario where foreigners invade Hyuga with strange new weapons (GUUUUNS!) and defeat the samurai. Unlikely, but a nod to a glorious battle and a dignified defeat of bushido.

1 Like

I always thought it was the Masami that was on the cover, just the older Masami that we meet in vision later in the game.

Even older Masami is supposed to have bangs, wear a white lily in her hair and, of coure, a red kimono. And the woman on the cover art has none of those, soā€¦ I donā€™t know, I just donā€™t see it.

1 Like

I always see those characters in the cover as the artistā€™s depiction of the ronin; both male and female. XD

5 Likes

i came up with a personal headcanon for character voice actors because of course i did (with the first two being my ronin)

yoko hikasa (sakura)
yuko kaida (rin)
saori hayami (momoko)
makoto furukawa (hatch)
nobuhiko okamoto (jun)
megumi toyoguchi (junko)
tarusuke shingaki (toshio)
aoi yuuki (toshie)
mitsuhiro ichiki (masashi)
aya hirano (masami)

has anyone else thought about this stuff or is that just me

I thought the cover art woman was Junko

2 Likes

I was under the impression that the woman on the cover was the female protagonist. Primarily because she has the black, soy samurai helmet. Which is stated to be shaped like an umbrella. Also it has some papers on it, which are most likely the spells from Masami/shi.

The other guy I guessed as the Guy with Beautiful Fingers. Simply because he looks fairly ā€˜bishonenā€™ and that was the understanding I got from his description in game. It canā€™t be Jun, because he looks too clean, has a fox mask rather than a silver wolfā€™s mask, and doesnā€™t have gold eyes. Basho the poet doesnā€™t seem likely either, due to his eyes not looking squinted enough.

For the first book: I saw it as the male Ronin and Masami. Just because the guy looks tough and world-weary. While the woman looks serene and graceful, though the dress isnā€™t really Masamiā€™s red dress. It canā€™t be Momoko, lacking the cleavage she is repeatedly stated to have. It could be Toshie under the assumption that she is in her get up from the very beginning of the book, where she pretends to be a noble. Otherwise, the skin is too light to be Toshie.

8 Likes

This is so cool! All of them are very fitting.
Gahā€¦ now I wish I could do a fan cast of my own, but I donā€™t watch anime that much. Anyway, love the idea.

1 Like