Rokusuppo: Fighting/high school brawler style game?

Don’t know about weapon styles but weapons? Sure. Perhaps baseball bats, planks, maybe brass knuckles. Since, I believe sharp edged weapons are outlawed in japan. Ah, speaking of which, where is your story situated? Europe?

Mmm. Possibly as long as there’s not an overwhelming reliance. I’ll have to come back to that eventually.

Secondly, it would be based in a loose type of Japan. Not enough to be culturally perfectly accurate but also fairly close. As the name Rokusuppo might imply.

Rokusuppo= Roughly means “Half assed.”

I kind of wondered about doing a more Russian or western feel but in the end my thinking was this.

“Nah.”

1 Like

Seems legit.

And I know that even if weapons (well, more like improvised weapons, really) are introduced, I’ll probably try to go for a bare-handed run. We’re not savages, let’s beat each other brutally like proper gentlemen and ladies, damnit!

1 Like

Ah now this looks refreshing piece of work that hasn’t been used that often in a COG game yet. I am on board with this one ( Public school for the win) and look forward to any updates. Also would we be able to form our own gang of brawlers to take over the brawling circuit and be the most feared group or would we have to join an established group?

You’ll start with an initial group. Maybe it will be an option later in the game to go independent from everything and take a few other people with you(Though that would be another coding nightmare on it’s own.) That would be an interesting route.

These are all great thoughts, but people might be getting ahead of themselves of what to currently expect at this point.

2 Likes

Why, we only expect you to make it the best CoG ever, with several, entirely distinct routes and complete freedom of choice. In fact I have great expectations for the giant mecha subplot that you’re without a doubt planning for.

Seems perfectly reasonable to me. :neutral_face:

2 Likes

It was already mentioned so I won’t dwell on it but yeah writing can really make or break these but on another note I’m excited to see how this goes :grin:

Hope I can have a fast and flexible fighting style like mori jin’s re taekwondo from God of high school (the guy in blue pants and red boots)

I think stats that can be considered, that is considered, not saying they (or at least all of them) should be added, are speed, flexibility, or agility if you want one that covers both, strength, toughness, skill, instinct, luck, and maybe accuracy. Again just some suggestions I don’t expect you to use all or really any of them just food for thought

6 Likes

This game is really reminding me of History’s Strongest Disiple Kenichi though it’s much more martial arts based than this

2 Likes

I’m definitely bookmarking this wip! Been wanting another martial arts game for awhile now :smile:

We have changed how we handle interest check threads. If you’d like to continue talking about this game, you can do so in the interest check thread, or you can wait until the author has a full demo ready.