Reminiscence; Memories of Eternity [Updated 11th Sep 2022 Aria Chapter 3 Complete]

ไอเดีย GIF 33 รายการ | อะนิเมะ, อัศวิน, ตัวการ์ตูนชาย
I can’t wait to apply the “Gate of Babylon” treatment to asshats.

5 Likes

I am still unsure of what to do. I really prefer Oriental over Eastern in this instance. Perhaps, because the word is ubiquitous here. Also, if I use Eastern instead, it’s guilty of the same thing of generalizing a large group of diverse people. Historically, Eastern was used for the very same purpose as Oriental.

I will have to think on it some more. Or I might scrap the entire nickname.

It’s the least I can do. After all, getting feedback is the entire purpose of this thread.

@Oreven Yes. There’s an analogue to Ea in your arsenal. XD

8 Likes

@Telos I completely skimmed over the part where you said it’s offensive to you. My bad. I am using “Galactic Fairy” as a placeholder. Will think of something more appropriate after work. Thanks again.

4 Likes

@Astralise.Ink

I appreciate you giving it some thought, and I hope I’m not coming across as too pushy or demanding; I know that everyone has different experiences, and it’s not my place to dictate the thoughts or opinions of others. Ultimately, your duty as the writer is to do what you think is best for the story you’re telling! If you decide against changing the usage because keeping it as-is best fits your universe, or the nicknamed character in question, I completely support your choice because it’s your world.

Either way, consider my piece said. The next time you hear from me will probably be feedback on the next update, so I hope you won’t be dreading it!

1 Like

You might have missed the previous post. I have made my decision. Faye is going to be The Galactic Fairy (stolen from Macross) until I come up with something else. :laughing:

And no, I don’t think you are being pushy at all. You have the right to your sentiment.

3 Likes

i love this so far!! playing as the goddess. usually i don’t really like MC’s with a pre-set personality but i didn’t mind it this time. maybe because i was planning to play with a very similar personality haha. i also didn’t mind the more formal prose. quite liked it, really. seems fitting for a goddess!

i tried to find more stuff so i could be more helpful, but i have to admit i am a skimmer so i might have missed some stuff. or there really were no mistakes except for this one:

should be no instead of on! just a little typo :blush:

also, this is very unimportant, but i couldn’t help but notice this:

there’s the option to have blue and green eyes, but not only blue eyes. of course, it’s no big deal, since you can just set your own eye color, but i was really curious if it was on purpose or not :laughing:

2 Likes

You would be correct in that. As there is nothing that supports her being asian. On the contrary, most evidence points to her being a full-blooded britannian, provided through multiple things about Lelouch.

2 Likes

Thanks! I’m glad you liked it, and don’t worry about it. All feedbacks are helpful. I fixed the typo and added the option to choose blue eyes. It was an oversight on my part.

I see. It’s been a while since I watched it. I only remember the major plot points.

@Sujan_Dhakal @Telos I added the explanations for the powers in game. In addition, I took inspiration from The Elder Scrolls and added the option to access books from the library which elaborates on the lore. However, they are incomplete and haven’t been proofread. So, they are a mess.

5 Likes

It’s been good so far, I enjoyed the short playthrough.
In chapter 1, can there be a more noticeable increase in stats or is it in chapter 2 that the stats are gonna be given the chance to increase?

2 Likes

@Damnjackson Hi! Thanks, I am glad you liked it. I am noticeably bad at balancing, so I am dragging the stats and keeping them low for now. I will eventually change them.

4 Likes

Is the story very different from when it was a novel?

1 Like

Very well done. Thus story is the type of anime I surf the internet for. I played both routes, but I like the Prince’s route better. I’m a sucker for shonen.

I’d advise you to write what feels right. If you change words just to be non-offensive, you are less free to be creative. Most Asians I know off the internet, including my own wife, don’t care about our Western-centric hand-wringing about what is or isn’t offensive.

6 Likes

I second the oriental thing, write what feels correct, some people will complain, others won’t, but you, as the author, have the creative liberty to write what you think feels better

2 Likes

Not a lot. I’m still not sure how to handle some things though. For example, I am trying to find ways to integrate the love triangle, and how difficult it will be to code.

Thanks for reading. Aria is better seems to be the consensus.

Thanks! I really appreciate the support. I am a firm believer in creative freedom. However, I also understand why some folks might feel uncomfortable with certain things, and they are right to bring it up. As a creator, I try not to compromise on my vision. However, I see no harm in making minor changes when they don’t impact the story as is the case here. I mean, in the end, it’s just an epithet.

10 Likes

And why did you post this now?.
It’s amazing!!!

2 Likes

@Spicy_Spicy Thank you so much. I am glad you liked it.

A little lost on this part though. XD

2 Likes

so beautiful, i want more

8 Likes

@Okami_HD_Amatarasu Oh! I’m touched that you think it’s beautiful.

There will be an update for the Aria route. The incomplete Chapter 2 is bugging the hell outta me. XD

6 Likes

I already posted this on Tumblr, but will share it here as well. Primarily because I love this art.

The Celestial Songstress and her Lightbearer. What could have been…in another time, another life.

32 Likes