Relics of the Lost Age (WIP) - Submitted, demo removed

I’m not sure how you did it, but you took the most annoying character I’ve ever had the displeasure of interacting with and made me REFUSE to let the bastard die. Anyway I definitely loved that update! Looking forward to more content =)

5 Likes

Ha! And I gave you so many chances to end him, as well.

Glad you didn’t, tho. Team Stevo over here!

2 Likes

Me happily picking the option to end him after he kept giving me those damn nicknames
images
fbb16fb9-fded-46ec-87c0-f82d8a3a6b37
Also is the other female RO coming next chapter?

4 Likes

Yeah, that’s definitely a valid response! I tried to make him equal parts annoying and endearing, but it definitely looks like the annoying side is coming through strongest so far!

Yes, the other female RO will be your main companion in Chapter 3. Then you’ll have met them all.

3 Likes

You’ll pardon me for snooping in the code, but it seems that there are a couple of scenes written already that are not in the startup. Is this deliberate?

Also:

Code error

1 Like

Thanks so much for the code error spot, that’s annoying! Good spot though, I’ll fix it asap.

The omissions from the scene list are unintentional. However, I’ve been using goto_scene rather than finish to handle scene transitions, so the demo should still be playable and completeable regardless.

1 Like

Ha! I like Stevo, wish he was a romance option instead of that nutcase murderer. :grin:

Hope to see more male romance options in the future… Am I hoping in vain? :thinking: :wink:

7 Likes

i thought i was the only one! stevo might be quirky and sometimes annoying, but he is also quite endearing to me :laughing: zhu on the other hand… :thinking: he’s definitely troubled, but i still wouldn’t mind him as an RO, since imo he’s also an interesting character to romance. so tbh i don’t mind both :grin:

4 Likes

There’s 4 Ros, 2 male and 2 female. Zhu was the last male Ro.

3 Likes

Ah well, For Ever Alone™ then. :grin:

:sob:

5 Likes

Don’t forget poor Abdul!

1 Like

Basc, male RO options are Abdul and Zhu. And now Zhu is dead.

Isn’t he?..

5 Likes

Okay, 'found another one. If you choose to take the breastplate back to Tulane, the stats screen displays the text for Fortune > 9 instead of the one for fortune = 3 because you imput “*if fortune < 3” instead of “*if fortune ≤ 3” Also, just a nitpick, but could we confront Sangpo about having lied to us? Like I’m aware the man doesn’t really want to help Zhu but it’d be nice to at least have the opportunity to mention it to him.

And yet another nitpick

Not really an error, but maybe you could try hiding sir/ma’am using *if gender!= “male/female” instead of selectable_if?

1 Like

Oh, but he is spoken for – and I am not about to share, very selfish that way. Neither will I steal him (were it possible), not selfish enough for that. :grin:

3 Likes

Updated with the minor fixes mentioned above: thanks for the pointers, everyone!

1 Like

Will it be possible to kill ROs, specifically Zhu. Hes way to dangerous to be left alone imo.

But Zhu’s already dead. Isn’t he? …

3 Likes

You can’t fool me.
55d6d2f317e59454f15fa44507f3ad53cbd1c1a7_1_456x500

4 Likes

Just played it through and now I’m wondering if we see characters like Esme, Sam again in later chapters? Since with the ending I got from chapter 1 that it wouldn’t be the last time we saw each other.

Yes, all of the ROs will return later on! They’re not all in every chapter, but they do all recur, so Esme will be back. (Sam will also be back, even tho they’re not an RO)

4 Likes