Red String of Fates (WIP) Demo

Updated, 22 Mar '23

Upcoming: Ch 5 (Last chapter in demo version.)
Red String of Fates (Fantasy, Romance, Adventure).

Summary

Play as someone who lives in a world where humans keep blind eyes just like the other creatures didn’t exist. In the world people are called the ‘Land of Forladt’ after being abandoned by the gods. Experience the world of the early modern era where some part of the world feels like an entirely different place.

Keep your promise to your childhood friends. Get your own power which determines your tier in society.
Is the world just like the one you knew so far? Or is everything merely a lie?

However, when the world demands you to choose, which side will you choose?

Feature

Play as a Male or Female.
Straight, Gay, or BI
With some unique RO.
Control your power or let it run amok?
Can you keep your sanity till the end, and what other things will you discover?
Find out about the truth or the lies…

Content WARNING.

The scenes may contain detail about graphical blood, gore, death, alcohol, violence, strong language, or any other triggers. Player discretion is advised. This is not the final phase of the product, things might change for the final product.

This demo for now includes,
  • Prolog
  • Chapter 1
  • Chapter 2
  • Chapter 3
  • Chapter 4
The demo hasn’t included this,
  • Hasn’t included the fixed version where MC and their family are called step-siblings, etc.
  • And the error I still look into.

To play the demo, go here: https://dashingdon.com/go/8469

Character data.

Oswald [Male, Human]: A runaway sage. He had a chain tattoo on his right hand and a bracelet with an alignment of colorful rune stones on his left wrist.

Allen / Ellene [M/F, Human]: MC step-brother/step-sister. The relationship with MC is close as ever, like an actual family. Have a big ambition to become Royal Guardian.

Helena [F, Human]: MC stepmother. A baron’s wife. She had a bakery as a business even before getting the title. She insists on working there even when she gets the title.

Philip [M, Human]: MC stepfather. A baron who buys his status with money, and sells garments. Rarely home, but will spoil his child Allen/Ellene.

Alexa [F, Human]: One of the MC’s childhood friends. She used to be a hotheaded girl who will solve her problem with a fist if she can. She still maintains her relationship with MC even to this day. Her stepfather is a hunter who hunts wild animals for a living. She and Chrome, both adopted families, are cousins.

Chrome [M, Human]: One of the MC’s childhood friends. He used to be a scaredy-cat little boy who grew up into the kindhearted man he is now. He still maintains her relationship with MC even to this day. His new family owns a farm and is the supplier of dairy goods.

Let’s meet the Royal Guardian of Yir Laccramatea!

Ivorry [F, Human]: A Royal Guardian Elite - second division, second in command. A girl who enjoys everything in life. An impulsive person who makes everyone question her motives. Despite her personality, she is a dependable figure for the second division who is always being abandoned by their leader.

[RO] Leon [M, Human?]: A Royal Guardian Elite Leader of the fifth division. He is a strict and stoic person. Had a cool personality but his team will argue the opposite. His aloofness always makes others think of him as a rough person.

[RO] Nyx [F, Human?]: A Royal Guardian Elite - fifth division, second in command. People say she is a seducer and has a curvy body to support everyone’s claim. She looks attentive, but even Caerulus won’t steal anything from her. Have two kinds of whips as a weapon. Some say she and Ivorry have similar personalities.

[RO] Caerulus [M, Human?]: A Royal Guardian Elite Fifth Division. He held a spear as a weapon. People claim he has kleptomania, he always tries to steal shiny things, and sometimes more. He always acts whatever he likes.

[RO] Wilham [M, Human?]: A Royal Guardian Elite Fifth Division. He is a friendly person. He never looks upset even after Athea mess with him. Some people think he is just an idiot who loves smiling so much.

[RO] Maraelyn [F, Human?]: A Royal Guardian Elite Fifth Division. She always looks sleepy, someone claim she’s a total airheaded, and won’t answer insignificant questions. Always found to be overdressed even in summer.

[RO] Althea [F, Fox-Beast kin]: A Royal Guardian Elite Fifth Division. She is a happy-go-lucky fox. Will try to tick off everyone in her group because she admits it was fun for her. Have a passion for exploding things, which makes Leon really worried about bringing her anywhere.

The other people you meet along the way,

[RO] Skye [M, Human?]: A gentleman who held his group together. He had charisma and always looked out for others. Some people said he is too kind for his own good.

[RO] Faylan [F, Human?]: A girl who has a staff for her weapon. She is lively and can open up easily to people. She is as tall as Onyx, which makes her love to tease him.

[RO] Valkina [F, Elf]: A strict elf who always looking out for her team. She will not hesitate to voice her disagreement, but not as harsh and straightforward as Onyx. People identify her as someone who always worried about her sister.

[RO] Onyx [M, Dwarf]: Trusted crafter. Dislike many things, a crude person, but will not go against Skye’s decision. He dislikes the inconvenience of the new human invention.

[RO] Niles [M, Vampire]: A vampire who loves to drink liquor with his fellow human. He is Wyrie’s drinking partner and the primary target for Valkina’s scolding for her sister’s unusual behavior. He has an easygoing upbringing, often seen as slacking.

[RO] Wyrie [F, Human]: Someone who loves anything fun. She’s a mature person who will do her job when she needs to be. Sometimes she thinks of her sister as being a worrywart over nothing. Can hold her liquor against Niles, who often stops her from drinking too much.

And some other people you’ll find on the journey…

Link for some updates, and extra content~
  • You can ask anything on my Tumblr. I’ll be posting some updates and everything related to the RSoF here.
  • If you want to support me, you can support me on Patreon. I’ll be sharing exclusive content, maps, and the upcoming alpha version.
  • Instagram, is where I post some random things and update.
  • Sometimes I also post on Twitter.
Changelog.

22/03/23, Fix narrative error in some chapters, added a new choice from the pond scene.
27/02/23, Added option to stay silent in ch 2 when Ivorry gives the option to ask questions, fixes the error in name input, minor fixes.
26/02/23:
-Fully edit ch3
-Some name choices of the MC change (to approach the time period and the world.)
-Added Curly hair type.
-Green mage’s name changed into Chloro mage.
-Fixing inconsistency about the Love interest’s appearance.
-Other minor fixes across the demo.
11/01/23, Fixed broken save.
10/03/22, Added the new chapter 4 for the demo. Edit character data. And many other describe on [100034/204] of the forum
5/16/22, Editing prolog.
3/30/22:
-Edit and enhance readability for ch 2
-Fix creation mage color error on ch1
-Edited dining scene in chapter 3 to add clarity. (Feedback by: Valixon).
-Added on ch 3: for the bad relationship with Stepparent, The narrative now is a bit changed based on humanity/brutality calculation. Whether MC will feel bad or not with Stepparent will be written differently following your Brutality/Humanity calculation. (Feedback by: Asterya1)
-Adding bits of customization for anyone who needs more challenge. One phobia out of 5 (and maybe some uniqueness to MC) in chapter 3.
2/7/22, Editing forum page description, adding the period era (based on Horse_Jean feedback). Adding the RO label to LI character in the forum.
2/4/22, Fixing some errors in chapter 3.
1/17/22, Editing and enhancing readability for ch 1.
12/28/21, Fixed the error regarding the gender option.
11/23/21, Editing prolog for the smoother reading experience, adding the baron, baroness, and Beryl description on ch 3, adding more character profile.
10/29/21, Fixed some grammar errors, adding the newest chapter 3, adding art for stat menu, adding chapter header, adding 1 secret ending (which is not a happy ending), * few options and narratives are now locked based on your stat and choices (all the stat calculation is now working), adding a summary in the stat menu when you play the later chapter.
9/02/21, Clarified some detail and fixed some bugs.
8/23/21, Adding Chapter 2 into the demo. Add and fix a few minor things in chapter 1, adding the save feature from dashingdon.
7/24/21, Adding an option to play from chapter 1, fixing some grammar errors, adjusting ch1 choices.
7/17/21, Adding Chapter 1 into the demo, Adding more choices into Prolog, Adding some tiny detail in prolog, Changing the stat making it look better, Fixing bugs.
5/9/21, The page was created, fix some grammar errors.

Let me know if you have any questions, I’m open to feedback, bugs, and grammar errors reports are also appreciated. Thank you~

RSoF cover here:

Poll here:

456 Likes

The premise is ~so interesting, looking forward to this story. Bookmarked :grin:

For The Feedback and Suggestion:
  • The plot is good, I like it, but I want more interactions, try to add more interacting parts (choices), it takes 4 or 5 before the next choices,if you can add more, we will be happy.
  • The image seems broken, check it again. It might be the error in the name :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
  • Add the save system for us to choose the other choices, so we can check if there is any error in it. In that way, we will avoid getting start over again. :>
  • As of now, I didn’t see anything like typos or wrong in grammar (I am not quite good in grammar, but I can still spot some minor errors if there are.)
  • Overall, looking forward! :heart_eyes: Congrats for your demo, worthwhile to read!
  • ehem ROs ehem… hehehe

11 Likes

Ehem yes, so This is only the prolog so the MC doesn’t have much choice and that’s why. But I promise it will have many choices when you enter Chapter 1 :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

So the RO I can’t show it yet because they are still shy XD. Those RO going to be the death of me of how much coding it will be done for each scene. Hopefully, I can finish it and don’t need to trim it.

Thanks for your support~ :blush:

12 Likes

It was generally good! You misspelt surname as ‘surename’ by the way, in the surname selection choices.

1 Like

I really like this demo so far, and congrats on your first demo publish! I didn’t finish the whole demo yet, and I am kind of sleep-deprived at the moment, but I was able to catch some mistakes:

Mistakes :

!

“The door doing a great job”
“The place is well-decorated

!

The man”
When he thinks it is save, he makes his way”

!

Relief can be seen on his face”
Bundle of rag
He was worried about what is inside it

!

“little boy

!

“The blanket unfolds itself to reveal a

!

“water flows through

!

They are known as”

3 Likes

Okay Thank you~ :blush: I’ll look it up

1 Like

Oh, well this is so much mistake XD. Okayy i’ll correct it. Thank you for try it thou! :laughing:

Hi there, so i wanted to ask: Are you using a traductor?

The story is really interesting in my opinion, I really wanna know what happens next! <3

As for my…

Feedback

For now, I don’t have much except…

Grammar and spelling - lots of room for improvement, but your story is in it’s early stage so that is normal, and you aren’t a native English speaker so that is understandable :smiley:

Looking forward to this story, OP :smiley:

5 Likes

Oh, Traductor is the translator? A bit, for some words only :sweat_smile: that forget what the similar words regarding that XD Sorry…

1 Like

Thank you for the feedback! Yes I’ll be correcting the one that I can, while the unseen one, I’ll have to wait for it until I have same saving for editor so I know what I miss. :blush:

1 Like

I like the concept. The pacing was alright too.
However, I would request you to find a grammer/sentence checking app or an app for translations or consult someone who’s fluent in English when working on this. The grammer errors are too many almost in every line. However, that’s no problem you’re not a native speaker and I’m sure with proper help you can smash this out of the ballpark :100:
Just make sure the grammer and sentence corrections are made because the immersion of the story wholly depends on what we are reading and it’s a bit difficult to read it as it is now.
Good luck and congrats on your first story! :beers:

8 Likes

Yep translator. So you might wanna check out: Deepl It is the best out there. I frequently use it since english isn’t my first language too.

4 Likes

Okay first off I am going to be really blunt.

I am only two or three choices in and I have already spotted many typos. May I suggest going through and reading it carefully. Cause last I checked it is impossible to look on a mirror. I have heard of look at or in a mirror. But look on a mirror makes it sound like they are actually standing on the mirror instead of looking at it.

3 Likes

Yes, it is okay to be blunt. It really helps thank you.

So I reread it all again and tried to correct as many typos I can find and I correct it for now. :sweat_smile:

@TheBlackSamourai yes I will try it later! Thank you so much for the help!

@Paradox1 Thank you! I will try to correct as many as I can found too.

I am really sorry for everyone who read the previous version, and yes it partly my mistake that I didn’t check them again. :laughing: But yeah for everyone who manages to read till the end thank you and also I’m really sorry too.

3 Likes

Hey no need to be sorry. Our love for reading and writing is what brought us here in the first place not to see who is more fluent in english. I’m sure your english will keep improving. At leat that’s how it turned out for me not to mention that i speak five language and english is the last one on which i’m the least fluent so yeah you will keep improving.

3 Likes

No need to be sorry. Were all here for one thing, that is good stories. You’re actively making an effort towards that so hats off to you! Feedback is so that you can get something constructive from them and make your project more appealing and attractive. So, don’t worry about it! :beers: Keep up the good work!

3 Likes

:sparkles: Bookmarked :sparkles:

Just the prologue, and It looks very interesting
Will keep an eye for future updates :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I love it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I just love the prologue

1 Like