Red Candle {WIP}

A question to coders in the discussion; I’m doing my final checks for the path where Irina is with you, and a lot of the ending relies on who makes it out; Kiara, Laura, Kiara and Laura or Irina (Irina only lives if both Kiara and Laura die). My check goes like this-

*if (kiara_alive = true) and (laura_alive = true)
			*goto 2finale
		*if (kiara_alive = true) and (laura_alive = false)
			*goto kfinale
		*if (kiara_alive = false) and (laura_alive = true)
			*goto lfinale
		*if irina_alive = true
			*goto ifinale

Do I have the coding wrong or is that acceptable for ChoiceScript?

Well for I don’t think you need to write the (= true) if your using the new version and yes the codes will work fine but your last one needs parentheses.

*if (irina_alive = true)
			*goto ifinale

I’ve finished the Irina path to the endings! If Irina’s in your party you can finish the game. There are a total of 5 endings currently to get.

For the true ending, could you please warn of spoilers?

@Aquos_Boost ah xD that makes sense then :3 its not rude xD its a good strategy :slight_smile: your using the error as a hook :slight_smile: at that point the reader/player wants to know what happens next so their willing to wait for it to get fixed and keep going xD it works great since you just met laura and you want to find out what happens next. so kudos xD

off topic question :smiley: whats your favorite style of art? or medium to work with? xD

I’d slip another set of brackets around them:
Ex)
*if ((kiara_alive = false) and (laura_alive = true))

Even for this:
*if (irina_alive = true)

I found that CS can get touchy otherwise.

Ya, I’d take out the =true also. :slight_smile:

Labels starting with numbers, 2finale, make me nervous too. finale2 seems safer. But, I may be over cautious. :slight_smile:

@kazizk I have liked Anime art since I was about 10 :smiley: So that’s my favourite style. I prefer working traditionally but for the game I’ve worked in Paint Tool Sai.

@Lucid
Thank you, I’ll set to doing that since the final bit is a whole bunch of checks to decide what ending you have.

@EveryoneWho’sStillHereAfterSoLong

I will start on the Irina vanishes/dies route tonight, but I’d like some opinions on how my endings were.

@Aquos_Boost Anime art is a lot of fun xD that’s awesome :smiley: i think i started getting into abstract at 10 :3 keep up the awesome work xD

@kazizk Thank you c:

@Everyone

A friend has helped me by making the title page for the game! I will hopefully stop procastinating and finish that one route that’s left.

And the first draft is entirely finished! The game is playable, start-to-end. Finally! Haha

So I’d like to know:
-What ending you got
-What you thought of it
-What you want me to include when I go back and polish it up

Found an error:
Line 369: label ‘onedies’ already defined on line 180
It looks great!

Ah, my bad, I relabelled most of the variables but I missed that one

OK, I want to go back through and revise some things but I’m not sure what to add. Could I have input of what you’d like to see in the game? I have two other endings planned but no real idea of how to get from A to B.

You could add being recaptured by (already forgot her name) the woman who owns the place, and have to escape from her again

Gabrielle (Well that shows how well I characterized her, lol)

Still it’s a good idea.

It’s not your characterization so much as it’s my memory

I got the ending that began with “Gabrielle fully digs herself out of the wreckage and aims a fireball at you.” and ended with “You throw yourselves out the door and get a good distance from the rushing inferno.”

On that page, I got an error: “Increasing indent not allowed, expected 1 was 2,” sorry, I don’t have the line number. I was prevented from continuing the ending.

Have you considered using third person instead of second person? Since the characters are fixed, and especially since you change viewpoint character, and the art is third person, I think it would be a better fit. It already reads like a novel in some ways, and I think that’s a strength.

I like the 2nd person…

@HoraceTorys As an inexperienced coder it would be a long shot to fix the error [-O<

Third person wouldn’t feel right to me, while the MC is fixed you’re still taking on her role. If the game were an RPG you’d be given 3rd person, but as a “Choose YOUR own adventure” story I unfortunately have an attachment to second person.

error
Line 14 non-existent command ‘gotoend3’
That is after you kill your friend and click next to the ending with
Gabrielle getting burned

Unfortunately stories like this are not my cup of tea