Red Candle {WIP}

Second chapter has been posted. Feedback is appreciated.

Also, Chapter 3 onwards will have impacts on what ending you have depending on your choices.

Chapter 2 has a peculiar name.

(Sorry my computer was slow)

@RagEgnite curse of the Quadruple post! 8-X
I thought it was a sorta clever pun, plus I couldn’t think of anything else XD

No new chapter, however there is one piece of art in the game now (in the prologue; when you meet Kiara) . I hope you like it because it took me the best part of 5 hours. I suppose I could have cut time if I just used the sketch instead of doing lineart, but I wasn’t feeling lazy enough today :stuck_out_tongue:

@Aquos_Boost first of keep up the good work!!! I am so enjoying Red candle but i am kinda stuck at the door puzzel @-) Maybe i am kind of stupid but i cant solve it -_- either way! Will there be any romance? pyscho romance? maybe with Gabrielles murder son? I am a sucker for Ro sry and i have a love for evil men/boy teens hahah with this game being horror and all ;))

@GloriaRose Since most of the people are actually dead, I don’t think it would be logical to promote romance options in the game :stuck_out_tongue: The only other alive character that’s on your side is going to be introduced either late Chapter 3 or early Chapter 4 and she’s 9 years old so that rules her out too XD

As for the puzzle, I suppose I made it too difficult :stuck_out_tongue:
A window to the soul = eyes

Pick up the hint and it will change. You’re meant to enter Nola’s eye colour, Kiara’s eye colour and Annabelle’s eye colour, in that order.

Speaking of which, it doesn’t work unless it is in all lowercase, that’s what caught me at first

ah sorry! I thought lower-case was obvious. I’ll go put that into the information on the puzzle.

I may also do some more pictures, but they’ll be sketchy.

Cool!

Found an error
Line 59: Non-existent variable ‘annabelle_comp’

@Doctor it’s fixed, my apologies, it was a variable I no longer needed.

Because I don’t want to keep creating discussions for whenever ChoiceScript decides to be an asshole to me, I will ask a question here;

I created a variable labelled “switch2” on the 64th line of my document. On the 89th line, it’s having errors. I’m pretty sure it’s an indent error in disguise but I can’t fix it no matter what I try. Currently it’s on three tabs. It’s even more annoying that ChoiceScript IDE says it’s correct, but Notepad++ refuses to work.

@Aquos_Boost What’s the actual error? And it’s always ten times easier to spot the exact problem in posted code, otherwise it’s just a wild guess at a possible cause… :wink:

The benefit of creating separate topics in the ChoiceScript Help category is that the information / discussion / eventual solution provided there can be of benefit to others using the search facility within that section. You could even try some searches for this problem before creating a new topic, just to see what turns up - but do create a new Help topic if you can’t find anything of use.

The error is "line 91: non-existent variable “switch2"”

Yet I have the *temp switch2 variable on line 66.

Ah, it sounds very much like a “Punched Mike” problem… It discusses this exact issue in the following Wiki article, with the reason for it / solution at the very bottom:

@Aquos_Boost Just a FYI: I’ve also now updated the *temp command article to highlight this oh-so-common problem and offer a simple solution to help avoid such errors in future:

@Aquos_Boost
Is it too late to say I love your drawings? I love them! Especially, when you’re with Kiara. She gives me bad vibes though… :-S

Really like what I saw of the dungeon chapter before I died, very good! I like the puzzles.