"Pon Para and the Unconquerable Scorpion"—Raise an army to save reality itself!

Heyyo everyone I’m just checking in to see if anyone know if innovative/scholar/physician/diplomat with a focus on wisdom is still a good path to take.

I’m asking because the warlord/crime boss/religious leader options seem to imply that my character will have to be traditional to play around wisdom and resolve, as a religious leader at least. Is crime boss something unique to grace/rogue type characters or is that something my smart boy can thrive in?

Wait, how did Gisla come in possession of the tablet of Nirein, when in the first book I chose not to give the original nor the copy to Galimar when he asked for it?

4 Likes

Because I messed up in the first game and never noticed! It should be fixed now, sorry.

I told you man, tablets are bad juju. They never stay where they’re supposed to.

7 Likes

Maybe it only happened because I was dating Tam. Tam disappears for a bit and I asked him to recruit more people. He came back next to my mom in disguise, mom tried to introduce us, and he goes, oh this is awkward, and removes his disguise, kisses your on the cheek, and you guys explain who he is. This is then her reaction

6 Likes

Having an issue finding the spy in fort ulgas and keeping people alive back in the southern labyrinth, asking here because I figured it’d be more likely someone saw it. Was doing a rerun before starting book two but, it’s alot more difficult than I remember although admittedly probably wasn’t really high on my replay list before now. Any help would be great! :blush:

I think I figured this out. To be able to take it you have to first fail the alliance attempt.

For figuring out who the spy is at the fort:

Make sure to choose the right choices that apply to you during each investigation. Make sure so always examine each person of interest first.

I believe that there is a total of 4 clues you can uncover to help determine who the spy is.

The spy isn’t always the same person, it does change so before you decide who they could be make sure to take a look into what you know.

4 clues is the most I’ve been able to get (cloak, footwear, murder weapon, voice), but there’s a combination (brown, sandals, knife, male) that leaves you with two options, so I’ve always wondered if there wasn’t a 5th.

3 Likes

Yeah I know that it’s usually one of two people maybe because I keep switching up my character is why I’m having so much difficulty with it. I’ll try again today fresh and more consistent with my playstyle

Are the warlord/crime boss/religious leader decisions entirely hardlocked behind certain skills or is it a bit fluid. I’m asking cause I’m worried my scholar/physician build in PP1 wont work out in PP2, as my character is innovative instead of traditional and religious leader seems to imply a focus on traditional. I’m sorry to ask again I’m just excited to play again after so long and I’m worried I might be building myself up in a way that isn’t sustainable.

2 Likes

Yay it’s out! Already purchased.

I’m trying to start with my saves, but it’s not loading them from any email. I’ll replay the first game and don’t mind doing so, but just letting people know in case others are having the same problem.

3 Likes

It’s fairly fluid, and at least in this game, the only leader decision with a lot of custom choices is becoming a crime boss, since that changes how you interact with the Condors of Patabesh. With a high Innovation you might have trouble convincing certain conservative priests to back you, but that’s going to be a challenge even if you don’t choose the religious leader path.

4 Likes

Does the protag get a new mantle/scarf/shroud in this game or are you stuck with whatever you chose at Fort Ulgas?

Oh cool! So that means going as a crime boss is still doable for someone who isnt focused on rogue skills! I was actually more interested in being a crime boss than religious leader, my character is just mostly focused on wisdom and resolve so I was worried I would be locked into the religious leader path. Thanks for the answer! Your style of writing is always such a delight and the way you write character interactions is very satisfying and captivating.

3 Likes

How you can date two person at once?

1 Like

Any recommendations as to what position to end southern labyrinth in for my next read of both books? I ended as hierophant and started with my own templar order in the unconquerable scorpion so far enjoying but I love doing different runs when a story presents multiple paths or class variations

Hello people, I need urgent help.
I can’t figure out how to use a save from the first book in the second. I don’t even know if it’s possible, since I have not seen such feature mentioned in the second game’s description. I played Pon Para when it first came out and I think I remember the game NOT asking for my save to be uploaded to my email when I finished. Are you supposed to start a new game? I have seen an option to restore saves but I’m assuming that is used for a checkpoint within Pon Para 2?
Pardon my grammar.

Hi @Somns_Fabula .

The first game recently was updated with a save system, so if you played the first game before this update, you did not have a save tied to the game.

To carry over a game, if this is the case, you will need to start a fresh run for the first game.

If you have saves that are not registering properly, or you are in need of further support, please feel free to send an email to: support@choiceofgames.com.

Edit:

Glad to help. You are correct. Once you finish a new game one run, you save it to your email, and then access this save in game 2, using the proper prompts. Everything saved from game one should transfer over at that point.

Increase your relationship and pick romance options with both, and when the time comes to pick who you’re dating say you’d like to be with both of them, if they’re ok with it. You may or may not have to ask Col if you can bring more than one person to the party, but since there’s no repercussions to asking it that I can see, you might as well.