Out now! "Vampire: The Masquerade — Night Road": Spoilers Inside Thread

To be fair… this game has over a million words and a lot of subroutines, so errors/patches are to be expected. :slight_smile: I haven’t encountered the problems you have and my game has been stable. I think I played it either last night or two nights ago and it gave me the message the chapter was restarting due to an update.

I’ve never encountered the error that you have though :thinking: Maybe email support if possible?

1 Like

So i cant get storyteller mode to activate on my new play through should i just start over? I prefer to play that way but didnt have it like that at the start of this new game.

Do you have an error message popping up? Are you trying to activate it before you dive into the story or in the stat screen? :thinking:

No nothing is poping up I tried to activate it after i was a bit into the game around when you get the first 3 missions.

So you activated it before you entered the gas station at the very beginning of the game?

You should be able to activate Storyteller mode after the first chapter is finished; go into the stats menu and click the option that says “Storyteller mode?” After the game explains to you what Storyteller mode is, you should get an option that says “Activate Storyteller mode.” You can proceed from there.

3 Likes

I just started my game over but it was right when Lettow was giving a run down of the missions i clicked it a few times. Ill see if it happens again but its good so far.

1 Like

Hullo. Anyone knows what other items are available in game? The magic type I mean.
I know there’s a ring. Some car air freshener thing, a coin, and a pearl.

Do they really work? (I can see the air freshener work in the stats, but I don’t know what to look for for the rest…)

The magic items help to get successes on related challenge rolls where they are concerned, so having them just makes it easier to succeed in doing certain things when your stats may be low etc. They are not items that have specific powers that you could use so you don’t get options for ‘Using the item to do something’, rather it is just you doing things yourself and the items making it a bit easier.

So far the items I have found are:

• Ring: makes blood consumption more efficient and hunger rate slower
  • ‘Air freshner’: Helps with driving challenges and vehicle durability
  • Pearl: Boosts successes for your sword or your gun
  • ‘Haven charm’ : helps you survive an SI attack to your haven
8 Likes

or you could just learn chimestry from the lomeyo sure it might look very cheap and somewhat weaker but no one could deny it’s a substitute to the infamous dementation

Thanks! Makes sense. I tried the pearl, but didn’t see it affecting any stat, so was wondering if it was even working…

Have always taken the ring, because in my earlier playthroughs, i focused on collecting disciplines and was using them all the time.

But I just found a new playstyle where I don’t use any discipline so blood is less of an issue. It’s quite fun too. Maxed out all my skills by end of the game. =D

2 Likes

If I may ask, how do you acquire these magic items ?

the ring is one of the rewar you can receive from invidia caul for helping her fake her death.
the air freshner: you can buy it if you decide to help dove in the dlc mission.
the other two are rewards that you can ask the necromancer for helping her in the dlc mission

2 Likes

Thanks for the help

1 Like

HELPPPPP
I’m nearing the ending of the game (I think?). I have a pretty solid playthrough but I’m debating who to side with between Lettow or Julian (I ditched siding with the Si this late now I’m in an existential crisis)
And if anyone has tried the route Si? I’m just wondering which route has the most satisfying ending? Who did you side with in the end?

I was wondering if there were other ways to obtain weapons without buying them, at camp Schaeffer you could ambush a guard and steal their gear and you could also do that by riding the guards lockers. There are other situations where you could logically obtain weapons like at the hospital by attacking a guard in the bathroom but the game doesn’t let you. Are you aware of any other instances where you could acquire a weapon?

1 Like

How do you go about lowering your generation? I feed on the first vampire at the gas station but ig it didn’t work cause he was a wight. Is Remouse the only other vampire you can drain?

1 Like
  1. diablerize reremouse
  2. use julian project
3 Likes

Sorry you’re getting this response late but, I just saw your comment. So to answer your question, I find Julian to be an arrogant,loathsome shifty cockroach that needs to be curb-stomped, flayed and then set on fire (preferably with a flamethrower). So for me joining the Camarilla was quite satisfying, especially if your relationship is in the great or excellent stage,because they actually see you as a valuable asset and ask you to find people worth being embraced, and want you to train kindred to be couriers, all while making money and possibly gaining notoriety. However, I did enjoy siding with Julian just so I can steal his project, and then side with the SI and tell them to take out both Lettow and Julian and move to Seattle, Julian does find out you betray him and does attack you so be ready for that. You may or may not be able to have many options to fight him depending on how affected/scared you are by the fire, but if you play your cards right that shouldn’t result in your final death.

3 Likes

Side with the Si and make sure you have high willpower to shrug off your fear of flame, otherwise you will be forced to run away, there’s a lot of ranges of selection how to kill him make sure you’re stat and skill are high if not compensated with discipline if not he’ll attack you and then run away

2 Likes