Out now! "Vampire: The Masquerade — Night Road": Spoilers Inside Thread

Somebody please put me out of my misery. I had to say I envy people who got ANY ending besides game over. I am utterly frustrated. I am a fan of WOD (but not 5e), and I waited for this game so much… Characters, vibe, everything is just great, except heavy mechanics. It’s a bit too much for a text based game. I played 3 times, and I died 3 times. Game is too long replay it each time, even if you just skipping. Besides skipping isn’t an option because you need to keep in check blood and stats. I dont understand what is happening with blood, I stopped used disciplines but it seems my character have a hole in a stomach anyway. Is this game have background d10 rolls? Because the only way I can explain dying while having 4/3 stats, disciplines is that I botched them like 1,1,1,…etc. Maybe someone can give me an advice? Or else I think my inner Brujah will violate some masquerade :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Not necessarily. It may be possible that people will think you’re thinblooded because you’re clanless and that may make them hostile, but otherwise Caitiffs are just respected much less than someone in a clan.

2 Likes

Interestingly, someone attempts to answer this question here: https://gameplay.tips/guides/8543-vampire-the-masquerade-night-road.html

3 Likes

I’m the most noob player you can find but I didnt have any problems with this game. I did restart for a few times but if you should play to your strengths you’d have no trouble.

Also turn on storyteller mode if you havent. It’s a great help when it comes to making those important choices you need to survive. Keep track of your humanity, hunger and willpower also. I try my best to keep my humanity as high as possible because I think there’d be more penalties if I have low humanity. Not sure though.

9 Likes

This is a very fun game, but imagine my surprise when I go to check out the Abilities tab in the stat screen, only to have the game give me a little notification that it has updated, go back to the main page and see that I have lost my progress and am now near the start of the game. I have no way to get my game back, no way to know exactly which choices I made to get there, and over 8+ hours gone as if they never happened. Major headache. PLEASE add a save feature.

I now have to try to go back and repeat everything I had done.

8 Likes

Same, was 2/3 done with my tremere playthrough. Now poof.

1 Like

Does anyone know if you can have multiple ghouls? I had a mission relating to Vani which vanished after I made Elena a ghoul.

I don’t think that you can. I remember that early on the Prince says that he’ll only allow you to make one ghoul in Tucson (although that instruction might not mean so much to a player doing an anti-Camarilla run!)

4 Likes

I believe that it is an unfortunate side effect of fixing and updating games; since your game was in progress, it had to reset to a previous point. I know I always have players whose games are going to be reset in mind when I do an update, and I feel bad about it.

I don’t actually know if having saved games would necessarily help, though, since your saved game would be a saved game of the un-updated state, and could well bug out. I think it is the price we pay for having authors attentively and swiftly fixing stuff. I feel for you, though. I’d hate to have to redo that much and not remember what I had done.

9 Likes
  1. Turn on storyteller mode if you haven’t already
  2. Keep your hunger low (high hunger gives penalties to your rolls). Also feed whenever the game gives you the option to because hunger creeps up and it’s a pain checking the stat screen a bunch to see how hungry you are (I always get blood from Alexander whenever I’m in Tuscon - getting blood this way doesn’t impact getting the Vegan achievement)
  3. Try to get either composure or resolve as high as possible to get a bigger willpower pool

If you’re getting killed by masquerade violations either get presence or dominate the brainwash the kine or invest in MAN/Subterfuge or CHA/Persusation or Intimidate to talk people into keeping their mouths shut

Then if you play to your strengths you should be fine. Disciplines make up for shitty stats - my character who literally had no combat skills and wit dump stat really benefited from having Auspex to cheese some checks, low clandestine/subtefuge characters benefit from Obfuscate to sneak around, Presence makes up for low social stats ect

@SpaceCadet Seek a Higher Purpose is mainly agreeing with Julian yeah, also being unmaterialistic (e.g not caring about the money / prestige).

I got pips for perpetuate by picking options where I put my self preservation above everything else (e.g how can I tell I’l be safe / what dangers will I have to face / I want to know more about what I’m getting into). Also be unrepentant about what you did in your past because it’s the opposite stat to regret your sins.

4 Likes

I can’t get Raul to trigger at

the camp anymore. I pick all the free prisoners choices but he’s not showing up

Has this changed since the beta?

3 Likes

Did you side with Julian? It may be some of those options have hidden flirt flags but don’t actually state it. Like I chose to help his dream come true, etc, because it would get me money/higher calling. But I guess he see’s it as me being intetested?

I don’t think it’s a bug. More like the author didn’t put a [flirt] bracket on a lot of Julian’s options, so you know what you’re getting into. Which is my guess anyway.

What was updated? Thankfully I finished before hand last night.

Hi

I’ve a question. If i buy vampire on my phone android must i also buy on my Android tablet ?

Thanks you

Im liking the game so far, but I’m 5 chapters in after choosing to take over the hospital and after the deed was done i got a screen saying to play again, share it with friends,etc. I didn’t die, is that a bug?

Also, can i romance any females? This game so far is telling me to suck up to the prince and flirt with other males (I ditched Julian at the beggining and suddenly the dude has feeling for the MC just because i helped him?). When I explicitly said that i used females to feed, wasn’t that asking for your orientation?, because there was a choice about going to the bar or something and my MC just goes to a guy a makes out with him, i dont understand.

8 Likes

I don’t know. The changelog on Android reads “Day one fixes.”

Reset its probably because they’ve just pushed through a day one bug fix update.

As for female love interests both you female ghoul options - Elena and Vani - can be romanced but iirc there’s a minimum humanity requirement to actually sleep with them? (I haven’t actually romanced any of the ghouls because the dynamics are a bit squicky and also because I’m more interested in dubious vampire boys)

2 Likes

Yup, I feel you. I was in the same boat with somehow raising gay romance flags, even though I played a straight male. As for you getting the play again screen, it’s probably due to the update that got pushed out.

Here’s hoping it fixes the romance flags or at least make them more obvious.

No just once I believe. On your second device, download the app, then choose restore purchases once you open it. Enter your login info for choice of games and hopefully it will unlock on that device as well. Or if both devices use the same email/ google play account, it should count it as already purchased.

Ok Thanks you for help me , i never tested that !

In the case nobody knows, Kile has been interviewed by Outstar about the game here is the link for the interview.

21 Likes

Remember that you can save your game just like any COG game by copying and pasting the Remote folder in a safe place. Night Road has a rather extensive number of routes to take to solve problems. Unless you’re a huge fan of restarting from scratch, I do recommend maintaining a handful of save points.

If you’re unfamilar with accessing the Remote folder, then you might try having a look at this Guide that I created on Steam a couple of hours ago.

9 Likes