Older development thread (The Aegis Saga - Blood)

Don’t we all want to go back to our Morrowind tree mushroom palaces. . don’t we all. .

On a serious note:

Some of you may have seen that there is a new section in town. . I mean thread:
QUESTION OF THE DAY

You’ll find it at the top of the thread (right right at the top) so if you want to know how you can help build Eris, you can see really quickly what the most recent topic of conversation is at the QoftheD section.

3 Likes

Hmmm… I’ll get right back at you after figuring out how to make a game with more then 2 choices… :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

@nightcap, I think I get the gist of what you’re saying, but correct me if I’m wrong…you want a stat chart that displays percentages… if so hold on for just one second.

You’d just have to make the attributes using *create variable 0

And then in the place where you have stats, you must place a “percent” before the given variable.

For example:

*stats_chart
(INDENT) percent Strength

I don’t know if you’ve looked on the main website for help, but here is a link that goes into more depth…

2 Likes

I use if variables to track all those stuff. Mainly because I am a lawyer history student… If I saw mathematical formulas I just get dizzy.

*If ((x>y)and(x>z))
*set xml true
  • if xtml
    You are a poisoner.
1 Like

Hi Silhuetta - thanks for taking a look :grin:

Actually I don’t think I can use the percentage route:

Trust me, I’m not fond of numbers either, but sometimes they are necessary…especially for percentages in stat_charts.(I have a hard enough time using fair math)

EDIT: @nightcap, Wouldn’t you be able to use *if and *elseif statements?

Basically what @poison_mara said, just with the “percent” at the end.

*if mariswolf > 5 percent mariswolf

Or something like that.

1 Like

My system could use with five or more but it’s maybe weird. I code weird due I only use mobile phones or a small tablet to code, so my code is made for small screens.

What do you use to code on your phone? This would be a great tool for me, because I carry it around more than I do my laptop…(sorry for getting off topic there >.<).

A it isn’t complicated at all. Just a file manager with a downloader, a text editor and a drop box synchronizer attached to all my mobiles cloud based.

I just used percentages like you said with my system but no fairmath. I could show my code to you via pm if you want if you wanna see extremely rare code system. It works so for me is ok even if it’s not Orthodox I am not a Orthodox person.

Edit: Also I continue my playthrough and know I am the sleeping rat… Kidly and whatever… No, your stats are wrong. Also I only found 1 choice after 1 choice options And if there is only an option there is no choice at all!. @nightcap maybe I could give you a role-playing playthrough pm , That way you could see my issues

@nightcap
Well I just finished the demo, and I really enjoyed it.
My MC is a Panda.

1 Like

Cliffracers gather overhead

2 Likes

I’ll give it a try - maybe you’re right that I don’t understand them yet ( I certainly haven’t used them much!)

My last post was a bit abbreviated - sorry :blush: life intruded

*$£%ing cliffhangers

EDIT - I actually meant cliffracers - but was driven to insanity by the frequency of their attacks and spawn rates. . . darn cliffhangers

1 Like

Cliffhangers are fine as long as there is some interesting “To be continued” thing.

1 Like

Glad you enjoyed it @Zilla, hope you enjoy the full thing as much!

1 Like

I died laughing. I guess my mind is rapidly decaying, holding on by a single shred of a brain cell.
EDIT: I wrote shingle instead of single. I died laughing at that too.

2 Likes

Oh dear. .

I wish I didn’t know what you were talking about - but I think I just got it :smirk:

2 Likes

I put my bra one metaphorical boob at time, I’m not a hero.

Also I have to agree with Mara about Morrowind. The landscape is so interesting and unique, I think every writer who’s interested in world building should give Morrowind a look. They have armors made out of insect bits and wizard towers made of mushrooms, what not to like?

1 Like

And don’t forget the levitation spell, flying in your own magical mushroom tower doesn’t have price. How much i love that game… And the Sylth trader I really think Morrowind and Monkey Island are one of the few pc video games which has become art pieces and immortal. It doesn’t matter graphics story and all it’s so great that game still alive decades afterwards.