Older development thread (The Aegis Saga - Blood)

You have weird idea of cuteness mara :cold_sweat:

(That is actually quite cool) I’ll see what I can do

Why is it that when the question is about coding fascinating variables - zilch, but when my life is being threatened by a horrific flying vampire fox thing, you guys and girls are all over describing and trying to get me to immortalise it. sigh

1 Like

We are helping you. If you don’t include Flox (Flying Hummingbird fox) it would curse you to become A Were fly foxie!!

4 Likes

Holy jeez I’m awesome :wink:

I finally have a job ! See mom I told you gaming would pay off ! (In one minstrely way or another) :smile:

Also I feel the need to apologise for being away from le forum , causing the lack of feedback , the IRL nation attacked :disappointed_relieved:

As for feedback , assuming noone mentioned this before :

1. When name picking , the name you’re gonna get should be alongside the “reason” you got it , for example : “the boy was named in the starsign of the wolf , Rand”
  2. Also when name picking , alongside the “default” options , you should be able to put in your own name , to engage to the characther that’s supposed to be you.
  3. Polish the choice aspect : put more of then , and make then more meaningful !

That’s it for now , further luck with the game ! :grin:

2 Likes

ehem, yes. ‘pay off’ :sob:

Thanks for coming back. . . we was lonely.

So on 1) I like this comment, for that you get a gold star *
(it’s kind of tiny, so don’t go wearing it into any gun-fights)

1. Done!

2. Have started on @trinnie’s advice - but that was mainly some stuff on the prologue. I see your point in pushing further and looking for those deeper choices.

I think that cos there are some large ones later I may have neglected the a) feeling choices, but the hard one is going to be b) the script changing ones.

One biggie coming up is ‘glyf’ in chapter 5 - man I wish I hadn’t coded 12 different magic specialities. . phew. .

2 Likes

My MC: “Why am I a stupid dormouse?” XD

@nightcap, have you considered adding more animals, or is 4 the limit?

1 Like

Okay, I just did a bit of research because I had to know what that is.

It’s a Bee Fly, I think specifically it’s Bombylius major, aka The Large Bee-Fly. They drink nectar from flowers and trick burrowing wasps, and bees to look after their eggs. So you might have burrowing wasps/bees around where you live. Hope that helps.

2 Likes

Hh. . how could yo. . .
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/47183494/pics%20charles/mouse.jpeg

3 Likes

HH. .How could you. . say. . .
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/47183494/pics%20charles/mouuse.jpeg

3 Likes

Ah, now you’ve gone and done it.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/47183494/pics%20charles/mouuuse.jpeg

4 Likes

MC :-sees a mass group of dormouses staring with soulful eyes-

-flicks dormouses away- "Why don’t you go turn into something useful?

@nightcap: Will my MC be able to throw rabid dormouses at her enemies during battle?

2 Likes

Que Bonito!! I still prefer my fox butterfly head canon It could be so cuteee a little fox with butterfly wings similar to a lire bird. I love lire bird.

1 Like

Hi @Silhuetta how u been

GAME SAID MARA IS A STUPID PANDA!!! I AM NOT A BEAR NOO. POOR MARA :sob: :dizzy_face: :bear:

4 Likes

Hey, you do get a consolation prize - you managed to find a panda/bear emoji.

Not everybody can say that now, can they?

@poison_mara, I think, the game might be rigged. I was trying the Scylla path and got Panda too. Hahaha. I promise I did not do that on purpose. Will try to fix this evening.

6 Likes

You know that’s not something I’d thought of :expressionless:

I might add more later, but I’ve got a lot of proofing to do so I can try to get a beta out in a week and a half. Maybs when I’m happy its closer and I’m able to focus on some more lovely fluff.

So yes. I will add several variations of mouse

@poison_mara My MC: "Well isn’t that just convenient! Would you be interested in a dormouse? No?..But I heard that they’re really aggressive during mating season! And look, they’re pocket-sized, for your convenience!

@nightcap, Sorry, it seems I’ve gotten ahead of myself. Real question time now: Are Mara’s animals spiritual representations, or will me actually get to interact with them in the physical world?

3 Likes

@Zilla that is actually real useful information that I can use in my real life. Thanks!

Please stick around. Sometimes I think @trinnie is the only one of us with a brain cell to rub together. . .

2 Likes

I hope so, My own personal scylla spy on the court couls be so cool… Not the panda… :wink: I would love meeting the spirit.

spoilers

Well @Silhuetta, they will remain spirit animals. . until your character enters the Barrens in part three: ‘The Aegis Saga - Grace’

The Barrens is like a thick fringe of wilderness no one returns from (without becoming monstrous), but inside the barren fringe. . Think avatar - but the luminous fungus on the trees are the trees. I’m gonna leave it at that - because if I talk too much about the ‘Glyf’ element, then I’ll spoil it for people. :innocent:

3 Likes

You Will send us to Morrowind!!! Tree mushrooms palace ! Also Could I be a princess and go to ballrooms and poison people or not? I wanna: sob: At least I could gain some nobility support during adventures and doom some commoners lifestyle to obtaining power

1 Like