Of Gods And Mortals (WIP - Updated 18/11/17)

I love the demo already, this concept fascinates me and I just love it!

So uh, major thanks to you for undertaking this project, and I’ll be happily tracking the progress of this game.

2 Likes

I am betting that the chapter 7 grand finale is going to be the end of the world

2 Likes

As was mentioned. It’ll probably be something akin to Ragnarok.

3 Likes

the game is great and I like how it’s going the history, I hope to see this full game out :grinning:

Yay an endless cycle of everything going to S*** then going back to goodness

I couldn’t resist trying to create Urizen from William Blake’s prophetic poetry. The idea of savagely tearing those who displease me in half while building monuments to my singular greatness appeals to some terrible portion of my id.

3 Likes

Now I’m hoping I can force a fellow god to be the god of the dead after stopping them from destroying my people because even if I encourage my people to be kind but I also encourage them to have the ability to rip others apart because being pacifist got you nowhere back in ancient times

2 Likes

I absolutely love the idea of this game! I was also delighted to see that I could play a ‘Demeter figure’ to my followers. Looking forward to see more of this. Especially how the the relationship between us and Eldir/Icraura will be explored.

2 Likes

I love mythology so I already love this game, lol.

I did want to ask: will it be possible to have children?

I understand that part 2 will take more inspiration from Greek mythology, and I know someone has already asked about demi-gods, but what abou fully divine children?

As it is, it seems to me that the mechanics of the game wouldn’t allow for a 100% divine child born of youself (the way Athena was born of Zeus’ head) or your divine partner (how Ares was born the ol’ fashioned way) because that would require a lot of divine energy to be taken from yourself/and your partner and basically it just seems a bit counterintuitive.

Of course, if that’s not how you plan for children to work in the game, then just completely ignore the rest of my post, lol.

I’m having trouble imagining how you would even keep track of children and have them be…well, parts of the story. You could possibly have them take the role of angels that you mentiond earlier, although that would take away the weight of them beimg gods in their own right…but then again, that’s what a monotheistic deity would do any way, hmm.

Also, would it even be possible to give divine children a personality? Outside of a random roll, the only thing I can think of is that they take after the parent with more power? Y’know, the same way Zeus’ children took after him more than their mothers?

Demigod children (half-divine, half-mortal, i.e. Hercules) seem a bit more plausible whithin the framework of the game, as they could potentially fill the roll of some sort of champion or prophet in that while they are connected to you, they will still have a mortal lifespan (presumably).

Ack, I had other questions but I seem to have completely forgotten. Sorry! I know there’s more to this game than popping out kids, but considering how important they are in mythology, I figured I would ask anyway.

Again, this is a great concept and I’m so looking forward to it!

This game reminds me of choice of robots and other games that are similar, what I mean is that I will really enjoy this game as it updates and when it is released :smiley:

1 Like

This is such an unique idea. Just read the demo and I just want to say that it was a really entertaining, nurturing and heartwarming experience. This piece of art is fantasic, call me over-dramatic but I want more. This story contains a lot of potential. I hope that it will progress further.

2 Likes

As you wish.

You are over-dramatic.

5 Likes

Will there be options to manipulate the world behind the scenes later, or will it always be direct?

3 Likes

I usually don’t like playing games where I have to be a god but this is a jewel! I loved the fact that we can teach the mortals and meet other immortals. I can’t wait to see what happens next. :smile:

3 Likes

This game demo is amazing, and I can’t wait for the updates or the full release.

4 Likes

Love the game, but there hasn’t been an update in awhile. How’s it going?

1 Like

Pls dont pressure them about the update bb😙

2 Likes

I was just making sure he was ok.

I lliked it. ll we see a fight between gods

Yep just next time do a private msg bb because its in the rules about the update thing​:blush::blush: