We’re proud to announce that New Witch in Town, the latest in our popular “Choice of Games” line of multiple-choice interactive-fiction games, is now available for Steam, Android, and on iOS in the “Choice of Games” app.
It’s 33% off until February 2nd!
Make friends, cast spells, and uncover secrets in your magical small town! Will you preserve the forest or let the town grow?
New Witch in Town is a 750,000-word interactive YA fantasy novel by Grace Card. It’s entirely text-based, without graphics or sound effects, and fueled by the vast, unstoppable power of your imagination.
When you were a kid, you lived with your grandmother in the small town of Silvertree, on the edge of a magical forest. Grandma is a witch, and she taught you how to use your magic to affect the natural world, too. “Magic is a part of you,” she always told you. “Learning how to use it means figuring out who you are.”
Now you’re 19 and on your own. After years of living in the forest while you perfected your witchcraft, you’ve returned to take care of your grandmother’s house and crow-familiar while she’s gone. Figuring out who you are feels more important than ever - not to mention, figuring out what Silvertree is. A lot is just as you remembered: the friendly generous next-door neighbors with a kid just your age, the proud town council, the quaint little shops with quirky punny names, the gentle shadowy forest full of magic.
But now it feels run-down, with potholes in the streets and overgrown empty lots where stores used to be. A big real-estate developer promises to help the town by expanding into the forest. What’s the best thing for the people of Silvertree and for the magical forest? What mysteries wait to be uncovered in the town archives? And more importantly, where did your grandmother go? Why do you keep having strange dreams?
And how did a tree grow overnight right in the middle of Main Street? Is it possible that you’re not the only new witch in town?
• Play as male, female, or non-binary; gay, straight, bi, pan, or aromantic
• Choose your familiar - a dog, cat, or owl - and bond with her, then go on to pet every single animal in town
• Find love with an earnest dreamy history major, a tattooed stranger with a not-so-secret soft spot for animals, an adventurous aspiring journalist, or your old friend the kid next door
• Become a good citizen of your new town, or break every rule on the books
• Heal old family wounds by bringing together parents, grandparents, and children
• Keep your magic a secret, or use it everywhere you go
• Make your voice heard in local politics: speak up at a town council meeting, join a protest, write in to the local newspaper, or bring Silvertree’s history to light
• Advocate to preserve the forest, or make way for progress and new houses so that Silvertree can grow
Friendship is magic, and so are you!
We hope you enjoy playing New Witch in Town. We encourage you to tell your friends about it, and recommend the game on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, and other sites. Don’t forget: our initial download rate determines our ranking on the App Store. The more times you download in the first week, the better our games will rank.