COMING THURSDAY: "New Witch in Town," New Trailer, Author Interview, and Demo!

TRAILER:

DEMO:
New Witch in Town

AUTHOR INTERVIEW:

45 Likes

WOO! :fist:

6 Likes

Iā€™d been curious about this one, and it looks charming so far! Iā€™m always here for getting in touch with my love of nature, and the authorā€™s doing a great job creating a gently magical atmosphere.

7 Likes

This one has held special interest for me ever since I read the blurb that promised we could ā€œPet as many animals as humanly possible.ā€ Everything about this promises to be a lovely, gentle game full of lovely characters and settings and I am so here for it.

11 Likes

This is a title I have been waiting for.

Canā€™t wait to enjoy the entire game.

4 Likes

The description reminds me of Wylde Flowers, and if itā€™s anything like that game, it should be wicked awesome! :star_struck:

3 Likes

I have been looking forward to this demo since the first teasers about it came out. Looking forward to getting to finally delve into it.

3 Likes

Hi, gameā€™s author here! Iā€™m pretty new to the forums but Iā€™ve been lurking for a bit, Iā€™m hoping Iā€™ll have a bit more time to interact in future. Idk if anyone has any questions about the game but Iā€™ll be happy to try and answer them if anyone does!

23 Likes

I was very curious about this game, and now that I played the demo, I absolutely loved it. I didnā€™t know how much I needed a cozy game until I tried this one. Looking forward to Thursday! I WILL pet all those cute animalsā€¦ And probably give Nic a lot of smooches :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

Hello, itā€™s nice to see you here! I was actually a tester for this game, so Iā€™ve already played it through once and Iā€™m definitely a fan. (It really is as cute as it sounds, yā€™all!) Iā€™m excited to have a chance to add this game to my library and explore all the different possibilities I didnā€™t get to the first time around. Thank you for dropping by this forum; I do hope youā€™ll stick around - connecting with authors is always an amazing experience. I do hope youā€™ll write more IF in the future, but for now, Iā€™m looking forward to that novel you mentioned in your interview - Iā€™m sure Iā€™m not the only one who hopes youā€™ll be back one of these days to let us know where we can pre-order it. :slightly_smiling_face:

Welcome to the community, thank you for caring enough about this story to push through the hard parts, and congratulations on seeing it through to publication!

P.S. Cool username!

6 Likes

This game looks very interesting. I canā€™t wait to see what it is like. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

Looking forward to this, itā€™s gonna be hard to pick just one familiar. My MC is going to be wanting a whole herd of familiars

5 Likes

Itā€™s an interesting one, :joy_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat: here comes reclusive witch.

2 Likes

Canā€™t wait to play this at release! But I have a question about this scene in the demo:

Not sure if this part here is right?.. Cause my influence is above 30 so its plays the first partā€¦but because itā€™s also under 50 influence, itā€™ll also play the bad part? Should it instead be an if under 30 influence?

4 Likes

Hi, I think this must be a typo - I checked my code (in the files I submitted last year, after which point other people took over the editing so my files donā€™t match the demoā€™s code) and it does say ā€˜*if influence < 30ā€™ in my code. Itā€™s possible the editors decided to make the stat test a bit harder and so changed the cutoff to 50, but just missed the one above it. (Iā€™ve done that myself plenty of times so I know how easy it is haha!) Thatā€™s just my guess, but youā€™re right that the numbers should be the same either way.

I canā€™t edit it myself but hopefully it will be fixed - thanks for pointing it out!

5 Likes

There were a few of this kind of thing that I caught in my beta playthrough, so I think there must have been enough tweaking of stats along the way that some garbling happened. The ones I reported have been fixed, so far as I can tell, but in a game this hefty itā€™s not unusual for a few things to slip through the cracks.

The slogan for this game is

Friendship is magic, and so are you!

Is this a My Little Pony reference?

• Advocate to preserve the forest, or make way for progress and new houses so that Silvertree can grow

Once again, a nature-versus-technology approach. Sounds very Sonic the Hedgehog-ical. Iā€™ve played the demo, and itā€™s solid, with a good dose of magic and an animal buddy. Good luck!

1 Like

A lot of games on here deal with ā€œthe mundane and the fantasticā€( to take from Brad Bird) merging, but there are very few that pull the nature vs. progress conflict. This has me interested.

Just bought it :+1:

1 Like

Same here ā€“ itā€™s already out on Steam! :blush:

1 Like