New Heart's Choice Game! "Freshman Magic: Spellbooks and Tangled Sheets" by Raven de Hart

We’re proud to announce that Freshman Magic: Spellbooks and Tangled Sheets , the latest in our “Heart’s Choice” line of multiple-choice interactive romance novels, is now available for iOS and Android in the “Heart’s Choice” app. You can also download it on Steam, or enjoy it on our website.

It’s 33% off until June 2nd!

A magical murder mystery brimming with gay sex! At this college, you’ll work up a sweat in dueling club, in the library, in the shower, and in your dorm.

Freshman Magic: Spellbooks and Tangled Sheets ] is a 263,000-word interactive gay romance novel by Raven de Hart. It’s entirely text-based, without graphics or sound effects, and fueled by the vast, unstoppable power of your imagination.

A magical dueling scholarship won you a spot at the prestigious Briarthorn University, one of the top magic colleges in North America. You expected a hard workload and even harder dueling practice sessions…you weren’t expecting your classmates to be so distracting!

You’ll have your pick when it comes to romance. Caleb’s a redheaded jock in the dueling club with you. Halim is a sexy rich boy with flowing black hair, an enchantment major who works in the college library. Raimundo is a nerdy tutor, quick to blush behind his large, round glasses. Or will you prefer Alistair, the bad-boy demon summoner in tight jeans? With all the sexual energy floating around campus, you’re even seeing your best friend, Noel, in a slightly different light.

But everything is not as it seems at Briarthorn. When students start disappearing from campus, it will be up to you to figure out what happened to them, who will be next, and how to save the school, and your own tail!

• Choose a magical subject to major in: alchemy, enchantment, magical theory, summoning demons, or combat magic
• Stay on the straight and narrow on the dueling pitch, or catch opponents off-guard with dirty tactics
• Decide exactly how far to go with a cast of lovers
• It’s college! Party hard with your magical peers, or keep a low profile
• Study diligently in the library, or slip into the back room with the sexy librarian
• Find the best hookup spots on campus
• Relax with a friend to wind down after a tough practice — or heat things up in the shower instead
• Lose your heart to your chosen lover, but don’t lose your life as your classmates vanish around you!

Be gay, do magic!

We hope you enjoy playing Freshman Magic: Spellbooks and Tangled Sheets . We encourage you to tell your friends about it, and recommend the game on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, and other sites. Don’t forget: our initial download rate determines our ranking on the App Store. The more times you download in the first week, the better our games will rank.

48 Likes

I think I speak for all of us when I ask… can we smash a demon :wink:

12 Likes

Should probably be “nothing there” not “no there there”

I got through my first playthrough (went for Caleb cuz) and I guess it’s pretty good. The plot relevant major bits of action felt slightly sudden but overall it’s good.

3 Likes

I feel like I’ve pieced things together and I so badly want to take my MC by the shoulders and shake him until he pieces them together, too.

5 Likes

So what status should we actually focus on cause I tried focusing sorely on enchantment but most of the time choice given involve alchemy and summoning or theory.
When will enchantment actually be useful.(didn’t finish the game yet but maybe I ll just restart since I focused on enchantment which at 75 but it give nothing in return.)

2 Likes

No, it’s phrase. It’s a bit oddly deployed in this context, but it’s not ungrammatical. archive.ph

8 Likes

I really enjoyed this one. Raimundo was my first romance and he totally hit all of my buttons.

Currently playing for the second time and I’m just a little bit sad to learn that apparently every LI does the devil horns gesture when you choose the classic rock playlist on your road trip. When it was Raimundo, I was quasi high-fiving my screen because nerds and rock music are my thing. To have it happen for a second time and with an RO whose personality I felt to be very different, made the moment a lot less special in retrospect.

That said, I had great fun on my nerd playthrough and I’m currently having lots of fun on this attempt as a slacker. It’s nice to know that you don’t have to grind for the perfect stats in order to still be able to achieve good outcomes. I don’t want to stress about micro-managing my stats every single second, I want to enjoy the story and its sexy moments. This was just that. Also, props for caring about safe sex and consent. It was gratifying to see how every single character focused on their partner’s needs and enjoyment and how there was no shame in taking more or less time to get closer to one or more of the guys.

12 Likes

I never knew that was a Gertrude Stein quote. Thanks for sharing!

6 Likes

Two questions. Am I allowed to play as a loner? Will my character engage in any romantic activities automatically?

4 Likes

What a great way to usher in the pride month with this hearts choice game :smiling_face: I will give my opinion once I have finished playing.

4 Likes

I don’t know that focusing on one stat is the way to go – I’ve only done one playthrough, but I believe my lowest stat was 59, my highest was 75, and I made a quite successful run of it.

5 Likes

I want to enjoy this but every time I go to play it my progress gets reset and I have to start over :sob:

cruz ro when

1 Like

How to do you guys defeated the nightmare??

I also went for Caleb. I just love him :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Bought this game as soon as I realized that it was released and just finished it a few minutes ago.

Need to say that it’s a really great book! Haven’t enjoyed a book this much since Hero Rises & APWP. Love the characters and the writing. It really gives the intensity during Duels/Exams and also the main story.

The Lov Interests are all very interesting too! Went solely for Caleb my first run because he’s very cute. Definitely will do some rerun to see other routes. Probably will go wild at the beginning and still choose Caleb at the end :laughing:

4 Likes

Dear lord can anyone please explain to me what a SUB is??? They keep mentioning the characters walking off to it or going there and I sincerely have no idea what it is :frowning:

-a very confused Australian who has never been to uni or American college

2 Likes

This is an issue I’ve had with the omnibus app for a while and as far as I’m aware, when I emailed customer service about it they’re not sure what causes it so they can’t fix it. (Probably doesn’t help that I couldn’t provide any info other than “I just opened the app one day and it started doing it” :rofl:) I find it helps to have not too many apps open in the background on your phone, to try and move the screen as soon as you tab back into the app, and also pray to the gods it doesn’t refresh and reset. :frowning:

1 Like

In this case I think SUB is the student union building: a place where students can gather to study, get coffee, and relax that isn’t a building with classrooms or the dorms

4 Likes