New Hosted Game! The Saga of Oedipus Rex by Jac Colvin

hosted-games
gender-locked-male
high-fantasy

Hosted Games has a new game for you to play!

Your name is Oedipus, Prince of Corinth: And you’ve just discovered your future has been cursed by the gods themselves. Travel back to a time of magic and monsters in ancient Greece. Can you successfully fight to free yourself? Or will you succumb to the fate that was prophesied? It’s 25% off until May 24th!

The Saga of Oedipus Rex is an epic 100,000 word interactive fantasy novel by Jac Colvin, where your choices control the story. It’s entirely text-based—without graphics or sound effects—and fueled by the vast, unstoppable power of your imagination.

• Play as Prince Oedipus, heir to the rulership of Corinth.
• Test your wits against the Sphinx.
• Immerse yourself in ancient Greek life.
• Remain in the country of your birth, or travel afar to Egypt.
• Will you appeal to the gods, challenge their decisions, or let fate run its course?
• With 8 distinct endings: Will you follow the future that has been prophesied or find your own way?

Jac Colvin developed this game using ChoiceScript, a simple programming language for writing multiple-choice interactive novels like these. Writing games with ChoiceScript is easy and fun, even for authors with no programming experience. Write your own game and Hosted Games will publish it for you, giving you a share of the revenue your game produces.

18 Likes

Anyone knows answer of riddles? Please send me a message.after you accept or refuse to take help you can’t even see riddle anymore.

1 Like

Hi @baahh.
That sounds like it is possibly a bug, you should be able to get hints for each riddle, and if you get it wrong the riddle will repeat until you run out of guesses. If you get it wrong enough times there should be a safeguard to stop anyone getting completely stuck where you can ask the voice for the right answer instead of a hint and get a second chance to answer again.

If that’s not happening, if it’s at all possible would you mind sending me a screen shot or two so I can see what’s gone wrong and try to fix it? (I can’t reproduce the problem on my android phone.)

In the mean time I’m happy to PM you the answers to the riddles. There’s 3 different sets, which one are you stuck on? (the old, the new or ones that the sphinx has made up herself? Or otherwise I can give you all the answers and you can work it out if you’re not sure which riddle you’re stuck on.)

Also apparently some of the endings are tricky to get to. If anyone wants to get to a particular ending and is having trouble let me know I do have a walkthrough for anyone really stuck :slight_smile:

If I can ask a huge favour, if anyone sees any bugs or typos reported in the reviews on the apple app could they let me know? (I can’t see them so won’t know if there’s a problem there.)

And just because I’m curious, which mode did everyone play this game in the first time though?

• The tragedy of Oedipus. (Original storyline.)
  • The fate of Oedipus. (Free choice.)
  • The escape of Oedipus. (Makes sure you avoid the original ending.)

0 voters