New Hosted Game! The Saga of Oedipus Rex by Jac Colvin

I have been away for some time. Answers were much easier then I thought. Rather then looking around I needed to see the obvious. Thanks
Game was very good.

1 Like

Thanks @baahh :slight_smile:

I like ancient greek settings, going to download this

1 Like

So I’m still stuck. How do you leave Egypt without her? I always have Oedipus stay in the sidelines while she’s being praised in Egypt then die from the snake. Do I need to do something else?

Hi @No_This_Is_Patrick. I’m not sure but I think you might have it. Do you mean you leave Egypt and leave her to fight Apep by herself, then meet up with her again after she becomes mortal post snake battle? If that’s not what you’re getting let me know and hopefully I can point you in the right direction :slight_smile:

1 Like

No I get killed by a random snake and sent to the underworld after I die.

Oh ok, I think I know where you are now! (That’s the Greek underworld ending I think?)
So, to avoid getting killed by random snake:

I’m guessing when asked about how you want to fit in with society when in Egypt, you picked “The Sphinx could have all the attention she wanted. You were simply glad to have a life free from obligations.” Instead pick “You’d taken full advantage, working to regain what influence and power you could” and it’ll open up access to endings 5-8. To specifically get to the ending where you leave Egypt and the Sphinx fight to Apep by herself, when the subject of Apep comes up, keep selecting options that involve you leaving Egypt and avoiding the confrontation. You will eventually have the decision to leave and let the Sphinx return and fight Apep by herself without you.

Hope that helps, let me know if anything needs to be clearer :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hey all. Would someone who hasn’t bought this have on the webstore mind checking for me if it’s available to buy that way? I can see android, apple and Amazon but no webstore link on my end. If no one else can see it either I’ll email cog.

It’s available in the web store at my end.

2 Likes

Thanks @resuri08! No idea what’s going on with my computer then. I’ll try a cookie delete and see if that fixes it.

Edit: Looks like a caching problem at my end, did a clear out and the buttons came back. Thanks again for checking for me resuri08.

3 Likes

I’ve got all the endings for Oedipus Rex, but one achievement still eludes me (Die and die again). I would appreciate a bit of a nudge. I think I have to get sent to the Egyptian underworld and then fail the test. Is this correct? I tried to be as big a jerk as possible, but I still passed.

1 Like

Hi @Priya. Sorry that achievement is a bit of a tricky one to find, especially if you’re good at riddles! The way to get it is to fail to answer the Sphinx’s riddle correctly on two occasions, but as you’re about to get pulled into the underworld, choose to be sent back for a second chance each time when given the choice. Hope that makes sense. If not let me know :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you to everyone who voted for Oedipus Rex in the under rated games poll! I really didn’t expect it to sneak in there. It’s made my day :smile:

7 Likes

It is a little gem! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hello! I played Saga of Oedipus Rex and also watched the above reviews. I think this game is quite good, now the game world is very diverse with so many game genres even there are mod apk android games. I often see many poor quality games even there are games that make players feel uncomfortable, what are the goals we play games? If a game makes you feel uncomfortable, it is a game that fails. So your Saga of Oedipus Rex is quite good

4 Likes

Hi @CharleneDrake34, welcome to the forum. Thank you, I’m happy you thought this game was quite good :blush:

1 Like

Hi i got endings 3a first and 1 second but I was wondering how to get the others, can you
help please?

1 Like

Hi @Jimmy_Jones. Sure I can help. I’ll PM you a walkthrough to find the remaining endings :slight_smile:

2 Likes