New Hosted Game! The Magician’s Burden by Samuel Harrison Young

Yey! It’s out! This is going straight to the top of my “to read” list. :grin:

2 Likes

A little friendly advice. Refrain from posting incendiary stuff like

And

And I 100% guarantee you that people will be more receptive to your feedback.

@Mitch
Yes, Violet and Mabelin are the two female ROs. I’d say they’re slightly similar in certain aspects, being that they’re both independent, flirty, powerful, and assertive (though in markedly different ways). However, they’re more different than alike, overall: Violet is a callous, mirthless, introverted, and selfish individual who mostly relies on stealth, her intelligence, and necromancy.

Mabelin, on the other hand, is sort of a “tough love” sort of character, and she’s charismatic, funny, a bit childish, and cares deeply about justice. She has more of an average intelligence, and she mostly relies on brute strength, melee, and bravado.

3 Likes

Just my thoughts. I ended up still enjoying it and would play the sequel. Took awhile to get into that mindset is all.

1 Like

I don’t know, from what I’ve read so far, they both seem really different. Mabelin seems pretty friendly and easy going, whereas Violet comes off as quite aggressive and confrontational.

1 Like

Forgot to mention before that I found something that might be a bug. Right near the beginning of the game, there’s two scenes that occur back to back, which are almost completely identical. The first is when you’re working in the library. Verim walks in and you have a brief conversation which is something along the lines of, “What are you doing here?” “Is that any way to speak to a customer? I’m just here to shop.” Then he looks around the store to check if the owner is there. When he sees that she isn’t, he opens the door and tells Killian and Petre that the coast is clear, then they come in and harass you until the owner comes back and shoos them away.

Right after that, the exact same scene occurs at the parent’s shop. Verim comes in alone, pretends he’s only shopping, checks the shop to see if your father is there, tells the others that the coast is clear, and then the three of them harass you until your father comes in and chases them off.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s basically the bullies’ “genius” strategy as they follow the MC around all day between jobs. I hadn’t realized it was that similar, though, so I can go back and have a look at it.

1 Like

They must have very boring personal lives :yum:

2 Likes

Played again and it still bugs me

If you wanted to play a subversive mc it doesn’t make sense to have your relationship stat be dictated by things they couldn’t possibly have known you did. Because when you fail relationship checks its not because you personally think poorly of them, its because they dont like you.