New Hosted Game! Foundation of Nightmares by Samuel Harrison Young

Hosted Games has a new game for you to play!

After disaster strikes, you are left debilitated in the village of Quader. There, under the care of a warrior, magician, and healer, you manage to slowly recuperate. Meanwhile, yet another new enemy lurks in the shadows, and old acquaintances from Lorden make their own appearances. It’s 34% off until December 26th!

As Mendax the demon puts continuous pressure on you mentally, you and your apprentice must find the strength to continue in order to petition to Melithar the Eccentric. You fear the ancient wizard is the only one powerful enough to defeat this Netherworldian foe.

Foundation of Nightmares is a 100,000 word interactive fantasy novel by Samuel Harrison Young, where your choices control the story. It’s entirely text-based—without graphics or sound effects—and fueled by the vast, unstoppable power of your imagination.

• Play as male or female; gay, bi, or straight
• Romance several characters or none at all!
• Enjoy an adventure full of magic, friendship, and evil villains
• Several illustrations to enhance your experience
• Battle bandits and demons

Samuel Harrison Young developed this game using ChoiceScript, a simple programming language for writing multiple-choice interactive novels like these. Writing games with ChoiceScript is easy and fun, even for authors with no programming experience. Write your own game and Hosted Games will publish it for you, giving you a share of the revenue your game produces.

14 Likes

Congrats to Sam!

Definitely checking it out.

2 Likes

rats

Pawn to Rat 4. I mean… congrats, @Samuel_H_Young!

4 Likes

Haha. Thanks, guys! I hope you like it.

3 Likes

Is this a sequel to another one of your games? Or is it standalone?

This is the third book in my Demons Among Men series. The first two were Trial of the Demon Hunter and Captive of Fortune. It’s also in the same world as The Magician’s Burden and shares some easter eggs and main characters.

Hi there… at last the long wait is over… thank you… :slight_smile: but one question,when I played COF, there was no mention of saving… after learning that FON coming, I played cof 3rd time to save my game but no mention of saving… :frowning: now I have to play as a new charactr :frowning:

1 Like

Thanks for bringing this up. I would send this report to support-foundationofnightmares-web AT choiceofgames.com

(Replace AT with @ when sending the email)

1 Like

Congrats on getting the game out @Samuel_H_Young.

2 Likes

Hey @Samuel_H_Young there’s a game breaking bug being reported on the Google Play reviews you might want to look at.
“Line 1522 yell”

Thanks, Jacic. I believe that was fixed with the first update but I don’t anticipate that reader changing his review. I have 1 and 2 star reviews on CoF for bugs that were fixed years ago.

1 Like

Couldn’t hurt to try though, right? You could just respond “Fixed, thanks.” under the review and see if they change it?

2 Likes

Yeah, CoG can reply to the comment letting them know that it’s fixed.

1 Like

finished it!! :grinning: and it’s great… :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Congrats to @Samuel_H_Young!
But…but… that end and that cliffhanger( pun not intended :smile: )? Why did you do this to me? :cry:

2 Likes

Sorry :sweat_smile: I do enjoy writing cliffhangers.

1 Like

Hey, I was replaying the game after the last update and even though I never flirted with Lorelle she was the one who stayed in the room after the nightmare with Mendax. I was aiming for Vidar :frowning_face:

1 Like

Whoops, I just saw this. The RO that stays in your room is dependant on who was the highest relationship with you. I’ll double check the code to see if anything is wrong with it, though.

@lyanna
Yeah, I double checked and that’s the case. Though Lorelle has slight preference because her requirement is *if ((lorelle >= ceylar) and (lorelle >= vidar)) whereas the other two have to have higher stats, not higher or equal.

2 Likes

The thing is, I only chose the “being nice” options with her and Lorelle and Vidar (with whom I’ve been flirting) both ended up with 75 in the relationship bar.

1 Like

Shit…I think I know what it is. Some readers were bringing to my attention that it was difficult to pass many of the stat checks, so I used search and replace to raise the %+3 stat bumps to %+5…and forgot to raise the %+5 ones to %+10. -_- So I suppose I’ll have to do that, and then send another update.

@Lyanna
I submitted the update to HG last night. They’re quick about getting updates out, though Apple moves at the pace of a glacier. They still haven’t got the last one out. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes