NaNoWriMo 2020

Well, I did a more wordy session in one go this evening than I have in a while, so I’m feeling good regardless of how much I manage in the rest of the month!

4 Likes

https://youtu.be/ZO5NVPTuwi0l dia de los clacking

I want so badly to choose multiple options!

2 Likes

Thank you very much!
I’ll do my best :love_letter: Thank you for sharing

1 Like

Quick question:
Can I participate even if I am not from the US? :thinking:
Guess not right? :sweat_smile:

1 Like

You can participate from anywhere! A lot of writers here are not from America, it does not exclude you! Please participate :grin:
@firechess_ns Here is the link if you need/want it: NaNoWriMo
Personally my goal is 30,000 words. 50,000 in a month just blows my mind :joy:

3 Likes

Whoah, really? :open_mouth::smiley:

I will gladly participate, guess I will try first with 20k words, specially since this is my first time writing something for real (I mean deciding to put a deadline on myself and deciding on goal beforehand).

Thanks a lot. :pray:
:smiling_face:

2 Likes

If you need any assistance or cheers pm me. I still remember how hard for me was starting. I am self-taught in English, so I will understand your struggles. Even if you have far better grammar and fluency than me. My English is really bad still.

1 Like

I’m positive I won’t succeed, but I’ll be trying to add 50,000 more words to my current WIP.

2 Likes

You should aim for something realistic for you

1 Like

I’m new to writing, so I have yet to learn what is realistic for me. Certainly not 50,000, but if I keep that as my goal, I’ll always be pushing my limit and will hopefully end up with a word count that I am proud of.

1 Like

do you guys have tips on how to push through the first draft? I always get disappointed with what I’m writing and I end up being so demotivated that I stop writing and it halts the progress greatly.

1 Like

Thanks a lot, I will be counting on your help then (hoping not to be a nuisance). In case of my English my greatest weakness comes with the lack of practice writing in English. But I still will give it my best.

Again thanks a lot :pray::relaxed:

3 Likes

Maybe writing something that impacts you will not allow you to get bored?:thinking:

I cant think of anything that moves me or impacts me in a good way.

Ugh, I really don’t know what would best to suggest. Though why not try to write something you want to write?

If you are still waiting for inspiration
Hopefully this will be helpful
https://smartblogger.com/how-to-get-inspired-to-write/

1 Like

Then search for something you really hate. A character a colour a feeling. I started to write about stuff like that when I was a teenager.

Write about what we fear and hate Is therapeutic

4 Likes

I’d say just power through the first few pages or so. I hated my ideas and work at first, but then as I wrote, new ideas and sub-plots just kind of formed in my head, then it was a joy to try and write to where I could implement those side stories. So, yeah I guess just roll with the punches for now. Good luck!

1 Like

Question, should I strive to write pages instead a specific word length?

2 Likes

You should strive for what is better for you. No one else can say whatever will be best for your writing. I expended years trying to discover what goes well for me. It is a process, you just experiment until you found what goes well for your writing

4 Likes